++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anyone heard anything about cancelled shows?

Was just over at the Alter Bridge forums in the Creed section and there have been a couple people that have said these shows have been cancelled:

Charlotte, NC
Raleigh, NC

Anyone know what's going on?!

Live Nation has even switched the status to both of these shows to "Cancelled"
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Anyone heard anything about cancelled shows?

i hope not
Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Sadly those two shows seem to have been cancelled as of right now. Over at the alter bridge forums, someone posted that they recieved an email from live nation informing them that their money will be returned to them because the show has been cancelled
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Well Creed needs to come out and say why they cancelled those shows. Creed myspace still has that on their tour for now..The only thing i can come up with is ticket sales have been horrible or it just won't work on the tour..who knows..
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
skyguy86
USER INFO »

^^^Yeah I agree, from what I've heard ticket sales aren't that great anywhere atm. But I find this a little odd:

Live Nation's page for Creed reads both of the North Carolina shows as "Cancelled". If you click for details on either one, its reads "Sorry! This concert has been cancelled. If you purchased tickets to this show, please contact Customer Service for further assistance."

HOWEVER, I Love All Access is still selling VIP Packages for both of the cancelled shows (or so I believe they are, there is still the option to buy either package on the website). Something seems a little off to me. And XAlterBridgeX is right, why haven't Creed announced it themselves?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

^were you going to one of the shows that got cancelled? Sorry to hear that if you were..It is a shame that creed is cancelling shows. I mean what did they expect after 5 year hiates that the band would make a huge splash on this tour and sell alot of seats. There are many things that are playing into the poor tickets sales and one is the economy. I live in Houston and there are like 20 concerts coming around the same time as Creed..More bands are touring since 2004 and people dont have the money to go to all the shows. I for one will only go see Creed because they are the only Band I will pay to see.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
austin.
USER INFO »

I was gunna get Charlotte tix this pay day Why Creed, why? Fuck you too then. Fuck the east US. Damn....
________
ROYALE

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) I was gunna get Charlotte tix this pay day Why Creed, why? Fuck you too then. Fuck the east US. Damn....
Austin Dude i feel your flustration brother Your From Charlotte Just A Beautiful Place just calm down
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
austin.
USER INFO »

I'm pretty sure we know it's because of ticket sales, but I highly doubt one of the most heard of citys in America (Charlotte) had the lowest ticket sales on the tour. They could have kept atleast one show in NC. Charlotte gets canceled, hell thats no big deal I'll just go to Raleigh. Nah, lets just cancel both of the shows, fuck the North Carolina fans. Hell, they could have combined the shows. Not as good as seating, but have everyone that bought floor tickets to get a standing spot, no seats. And put the balcony as first come-first serve. Guess I'm going to Atlanta or Nashville. (Atlanta is about a 5hour drive and Nashville is 6 or 7.. damn)
________
YAMAHA GTS1000 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) I'm pretty sure we know it's because of ticket sales, but I highly doubt one of the most heard of citys in America (Charlotte) had the lowest ticket sales on the tour. They could have kept atleast one show in NC. Charlotte gets canceled, hell thats no big deal I'll just go to Raleigh. Nah, lets just cancel both of the shows, fuck the North Carolina fans. Hell, they could have combined the shows. Not as good as seating, but have everyone that bought floor tickets to get a standing spot, no seats. And put the balcony as first come-first serve. Guess I'm going to Atlanta or Nashville. (Atlanta is about a 5hour drive and Nashville is 6 or 7.. damn)

I had tickets to both the shows. Since they will not to come my city (Charlotte), it looks like I'll just go to Atlanta. I don't understand why they couldn't just cancel one of them.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
troyhackney
USER INFO »

Let's see, $6 per ticket parking, $13 per ticket transaction fee, over priced shipping. That adds up to low ticket sells in this economy. I can tell you that I am beyond pissed at Wind Up Records and Creed for the canceled NC shows. So much for the love of music. Hey, I know they do it to also make a living, but forgetting the fans want make them much. You don't owe me a explanation, but me and my friends will not buy another album, shirt, etc. from Creed or Wind Up Records. Come back to NC or lose alot more money and fans.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
troyhackney
USER INFO »

Oh yea, I forgot to mention an important fact that has been missed. Why would a concert(s) be canceled before a single or album in support of the tour is released? Seems like that would more than likely INCREASE ticket sales. Management at it's best.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Hey huys just to add Im sorry about the tickets getting cancelled...Im from CT and recently just got back from a road trip to Florida...Gotta be honest being from the northeast most people dont realize how bad things are..In the south closed shopping centers. car dealerships..resteraunts...pretty unbelievable...guess you have to see it for yourself to believe...I think Creed picked the wrong time to plan a major tour...Right now I think they can fill some seats if there Album is a hit...if not I expect a lot more cancellations..its unfortunate..but people dont have 100's to throw around...While I have bought tickets I worry they may cancel Hartord too..I wish the best for Creed but its not lookin good for sellouts...Damn recessions..
Old 06-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
timusca
USER INFO »

Guys, I really don't think this was due to ticket sales... I checked on tickets in Charlotte a couple weeks ago and the best ones available were close to the lawn. The tickets were not selling badly!

My guess is that there was a scheduling conflict with the band. Both of those shows are a day away from each other and it only makes sense to assume that is no coincidence.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
jwpope2
USER INFO »

creed we demand a reason this blows I already bought tix and everything I dont beleive the low tix sales stuff I bought my tix the day after they went on sale and the best tix i could get was the last row under the roof so dont tell me that crap