++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #46
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed made Stapp?

U know, I could never understand either why scott is not liked by many, that was always a mystery to me
Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #47
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) U know, I could never understand either why scott is not liked by many, that was always a mystery to me

Stapp was a victim of his own success. When you're at the top people want to see you fall. Sometimes, even the people who helped to make you like to break you. Creed didn't need anyone to help them make it - not MTV, not an established record label...no-one.

Creed went from nothing to become the biggest band in America in record breaking time. That's a big no-no.

Bands start smiling at you through their teeth - probably while wearing a green t-shirt with ENVY printed on it. Look at the guys who publicly ridiculed Creed. Fred Durst and Dave Grohl (Stapp has a superior voice than both of them). Didn't a guy from Blink 182 (what nonsense) even wear a t-shirt that read 'Even Jesus Hates Creed'? This animosity then filters down to their naive fans and the 'snowball effect' begins - one band says something, then another and so on...

Stapp was the face of Creed and so he felt the full force of their hate. People would criticise his voice, his lyrics, his on-stage postures...everything. Stapp became paranoid and defended himself accordingly.

I'm not saying Stapp is innocent - far from it. But I'm struggling to think of something he did (during his Creed days) that gave others due reason to treat him with such contempt. Others have done things far worse and been given numerous chances to redeem themselves.

Critics of Stapp could say his actions are a contradiction to his lyrics but Stapp rarely commented on his lyrics and the meaning of his songs.

Whatever Stapp has done in the recent past, the critical disdain directed towards him was born out of one thing - jealousy.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 02-05-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #48
johellion
USER INFO »

Creed was at the time, a good combination, and there was a need for a change in music. The music scene at the time was boy bands. The guys were playing the college music scene, and got a great fan following in Tallahassee. We use to just take weekends, and go hear them play at Floyds, and other clubs. We would stay at Brian's, or get a room(Brian had about 4 roommates one being Stapp). I would have to say Creed made Stapp..., but Stapp let it all go to his head, and problems started happening during Human Clay. When Brian left, I knew the band was at it's demise. Weathered was just not a strong album. It sold good, but it was different.

As for AB, they are great!!! Can't wait for the new music!! AB 's OYE went to #2, and stayed in the top 20 for awhile. There album did sale more than Stapp's.

Stapp's didn't do as well...don't know why. I do know he has his fans, but he really burnt his britches in the music industry. Wind-up really played him up in the beginning, he was their golden boy, and when sales and concerts didn't go the way they thought..they stopped pushing his stuff. Just like AB...wind-up was not advertising, and pushing his stuff. AB dropped them, and another record company is snatching them up. As far as Myles's and Scotts voices are concerned.....Scott is strictly a baritone and Myles voice is tenor, and has a wide range...He can sing low, as well as high ranges. Scott has problems hitting high notes, and over the years messed his voice up by not having the proper vocal training. He got training later, but some of the damage was already done.

Creed was a once in a lifetime band.....Stapp or Alterbridge may(but you never know) never be as big as before, but they will still make good music, and now they can all do what they want with their music. Mark can shread!!!! and rock, Brian can play his bass, Flip can tear the drums up and Myles can belt out the tunes!!! Stapp can continue to sing his ballads, and write good lyric.....They will all survive!!!! I have a feeling we will hear their music for many years to come....
Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #49
J.T.
USER INFO »

Okay everyone, Scott Stapps solo album "The Great Divide" sold more than Alter Bridges album "One Day Remains." If you do not believe me, look it up on RIAA.

Last edited by J.T. : 02-06-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Is it actual sales, or units shipped? That's a big difference. I remember when the Sam Goody near me was closing and there had to be 30 copies of his album still on the shelf despite the sale price.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #51
J.T.
USER INFO »

I'm pretty sure its sales. But anyway he didnt sell less than Alter Bridge because they both went gold, and then Stapp went platinum Im 99% sure.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #52
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I'm not trying to fan the flames of "tit for tat", but I think Scott's shipped platinum. If you add how weak his US solo tour was and take into consideration having to cancel Europe. It just doesn't seem to equal platinum sales

-Homer Simpson

Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #53
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I'm not trying to fan the flames of "tit for tat", but I think Scott's shipped platinum. If you add how weak his US solo tour was and take into consideration having to cancel Europe. It just doesn't seem to equal platinum sales
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, i know its a mircale, u hit me funny BUT DAMN IT WE GOT PLATINUM ANYWAY, freaking mircale, WE GOT THE GREAT DIVIDE !!!!!!! BUT OH WE GOT IT, The Great Divide, !!! THE, Great Divide,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #54
johellion
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) I'm pretty sure its sales. But anyway he didnt sell less than Alter Bridge because they both went gold, and then Stapp went platinum Im 99% sure.

NO....they shipped platinum....did not go platinum.....
Old 02-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #55
J.T.
USER INFO »

Whatever, Alter Bridge didnt do any better though. He at least went gold.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #56
titan9
USER INFO »

Johellion is correct. TGD hasn't sold platinum--at least not that we know of. It has shipped platinum. ODR shipped gold and sold gold. I'm not sure how much TGD sold, but I'd assume it is at least gold.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #57
creed forever
USER INFO »

The Great Divide has around 400,000 copies sold,One Day Remains around 320,000...soundscan numbers