++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #46
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Thanks steve, I did a calc on this and it seems I have to give up, Mark had only written 1,1 songs on MOP... But he did more acording to Gabriel, (The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. I think thats about it on that cd)

I give you MOP... But what about Human Clay and Weathered? It seems that Mark wrote more then you think/thought but less then I thought...
i have a feeling(from what ive read) that stapp did most on wheathered. i know tremo did OLB. i have a feeling tremo did a lot on HC. but i have no facts.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #47
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Why do you have this feeling?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #48
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Why do you have this feeling?
because he kind seperated himself from the other band members and artisticly him and tremo were arguing. like tremo wanted more solos but stapp didint let him. i think at wheathered he was trying to take control of the band and all of that kind of shit.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #49
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) IamFilthy... I KNOW WHAT MARK HAVE SAID... But he was controled by Stapp as far as I'm conserned... Look at it this way, when he was with Creed he was controled by Stapp and wasn't aloud to say what he realy wanted.

Oh come on... that is ridiculous. Mark is his own man and had the right to say whatever he wanted without Scott controlling him. I don’t for a second believe that Mark was afraid of Scott. That comment IMO is a slam again Mark. Where did you hear this?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #50
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

[quote=RoffeDH]IamFilthy... I KNOW WHAT MARK HAVE SAID... But he was controled by Stapp as far as I'm conserned... Look at it this way, when he was with Creed he was controled by Stapp and wasn't aloud to say what he realy wanted. When he was "free from Stapp" he said what he realy wanted to say. I mean, he can write, he's proven that. The songs for ODR wasn't supose to be for AB but for Creed since when he started writing them he hadn't a thought of Creed breaking up.

I don't beleive for a second that he was controlled by Stapp. So when he said that he WASN'T a good lyricist and he comes up with "garbage words that usually don't stick" he was under Stapp's psycological influence and control? This is not about what he wasn't aloud to say.....IT'S ABOUT WHAT HE DID SAY! I guess Stapp's mind-controlling powers are so powerful that Mark would put himself down and say he wasn't a good lyricist, when he really knew he was, huh? And as far as my dislike of the ODR lyrics,...that is just my opinion. Your opinion just differs.
I've been living a double life
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #51
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

IamFilthy... I KNOW WHAT MARK HAVE SAID... But he was controled by Stapp as far as I'm conserned... Look at it this way, when he was with Creed he was controled by Stapp and wasn't aloud to say what he realy wanted. When he was "free from Stapp" he said what he realy wanted to say. I mean, he can write, he's proven that. The songs for ODR wasn't supose to be for AB but for Creed since when he started writing them he hadn't a thought of Creed breaking up.

I don't beleive for a second that he was controlled by Stapp. So when he said that he WASN'T a good lyricist and he comes up with "garbage words that usually don't stick" he was under Stapp's psycological influence and control? This is not about what he wasn't aloud to say.....IT'S ABOUT WHAT HE DID SAY! I guess Stapp's mind-controlling powers are so powerful that Mark would put himself down and say he wasn't a good lyricist, when he really knew he was, huh? And as far as my dislike of the ODR lyrics,...that is just my opinion. Your opinion just differs.
I've been living a double life
Old 02-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #52
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I don't beleive for a second that he was controlled by Stapp. So when he said that he WASN'T a good lyricist and he comes up with "garbage words that usually don't stick" he was under Stapp's psycological influence and control? This is not about what he wasn't aloud to say.....IT'S ABOUT WHAT HE DID SAY! I guess Stapp's mind-controlling powers are so powerful that Mark would put himself down and say he wasn't a good lyricist, when he really knew he was, huh? And as far as my dislike of the ODR lyrics,...that is just my opinion. Your opinion just differs.

Amen to that. That is exactly what I was thinking as well. Let's not try to make excuses for either of the artist just to fit our needs. Mark has proven he can write great music and mediocre lyrics (IMO). Stapp has proven he can write great lyrics and good music. Stapps lyrics still draw me in more than Marks. But as others have stated before.. nothing is better than what
Stapp and Tremonti produce together.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:40 PM   #53
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

If Mark didn't voice his opinion and left Creed because of that (or part of the reason), then it's a shame
Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #54
johellion
USER INFO »

It is not so much that Stapp controlled the guys, but to keep from having a confrontation...Mark and the other guys just let him do what he wanted(and I am sure that was getting old)....When Brian left the band....Stapp told him face to face (and told the other guys)...it's him or me, Brian just said screw it and left, he had just had enough of Stapps shit.....It continued to go down hill from that point on....Stapp and Mark wrote the lyrics, Mark wrote the music, Brian did his own basslines, and Flip did his own drumlines(they all tried to work together)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #55
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Geez. All you have to do it compare them one against the other. It then becomes pretty obvious.

Stapp
I have run to the ocean
Through the Horizon
Chased the sun

So let me tell a story friend ‘bout diamond hands and one night stands…
I guess the good life paid you once or twice...
Just when I thought I had it all caught a sucker punch and lost it all…
Just never thought it would have come from you…
So here I stand alone again with one eye open, I’m a broken man…
Life flashed before my eyes but I’m alive…

I do have one question though....who do the diamond hands belong to?

Alter Bridge

For the rest of my life
I will find the answers
that were always here
I will find the meaning this time
I will fight the end
Till the end is here

Fear will kill me
All I could be
Lift these sorrows
Let me breathe
Could you set me free
Could you set me free

This crap was supposed to be a CREED song?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #56
johellion
USER INFO »

Yep!! It is pretty real!!!! And life goes on!!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #57
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Geez. All you have to do it compare them one against the other. It then becomes pretty obvious.

Stapp
I have run to the ocean
Through the Horizon
Chased the sun

So let me tell a story friend ‘bout diamond hands and one night stands…
I guess the good life paid you once or twice...
Just when I thought I had it all caught a sucker punch and lost it all…
Just never thought it would have come from you…
So here I stand alone again with one eye open, I’m a broken man…
Life flashed before my eyes but I’m alive…

I do have one question though....who do the diamond hands belong to?

Alter Bridge

For the rest of my life
I will find the answers
that were always here
I will find the meaning this time
I will fight the end
Till the end is here

Fear will kill me
All I could be
Lift these sorrows
Let me breathe
Could you set me free
Could you set me free

This crap was supposed to be a CREED song?

Good point MrProphetman. I don't know if I think what Mark wrote is Crap but I definitely think Scott maybe a better lyricist. I would like to see the lyrics from all their songs off of both their albums side by side. I think everyone has to agree that Mark is a better guitarist and music writer than he is a lyricist.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #58
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I don't beleive for a second that he was controlled by Stapp. So when he said that he WASN'T a good lyricist and he comes up with "garbage words that usually don't stick" he was under Stapp's psycological influence and control? This is not about what he wasn't aloud to say.....IT'S ABOUT WHAT HE DID SAY! I guess Stapp's mind-controlling powers are so powerful that Mark would put himself down and say he wasn't a good lyricist, when he really knew he was, huh? And as far as my dislike of the ODR lyrics,...that is just my opinion. Your opinion just differs.

Now talking about mind controling isn't what I meant... And I do belive that Mark had the guts to go in to a room with Stapp and just say what was on his mind, I do. BUT! I belive that Mark had a little money interest in this and having a fight in an interview wasn't the best, as he's said himself, it took a friend to tell him "quit then" to get him to realize that he could actually quit.

Mark wanted to do solos but Stapp wouldn't let him, face it Creed was a "Stapps interests first" projekt. Now Mark, as I have admitted, didn't write mutch on MOP, but as time goes Mark wrote more as proven on ODR. You have you opinion yes... And I can't say you aren't alowd to have it...
Old 02-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #59
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) If Mark didn't voice his opinion and left Creed because of that (or part of the reason), then it's a shame

He did part his voice, just never in public since it was a band thing... It's like a marrige... You don't have to have a fight in public you can take it on your own and work it out... But when one partner don't want to work it out or they find that they want to take this "marrige" in different direction they part...
Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #60
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Oh come on... that is ridiculous. Mark is his own man and had the right to say whatever he wanted without Scott controlling him. I don’t for a second believe that Mark was afraid of Scott. That comment IMO is a slam again Mark. Where did you hear this?

As I've said... HE DIDN'T DO IT IN PUBLIC... I can't say "this is the trouth" but I must say that's how I interpertated this hole circus with the end of Creed. I don't belive that Mark was affraid of Stapp either... But he didn't stick up for himself in public partly becous he probobly was afraid of loosing the band that he'd worked on for 10 years... You just don't trow that away...