++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Stevensonart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Song Update!

I read this on AB site.

Hardcore Fan
Post subject: Re: Reviews - Indianapolis, IN - August 14th, 2010
-Heard a new song during sound check and it sounds bad ass! It has that anthemic old school Creed vibe, but its really heavy at the same time. Hard to explain, but I can't wait to hear a finished version. Scott was still working on the lyrics so all we heard was basically instrumental. Eric seems to play a pretty integral part in it, as he has a lot of layered sections with Mark.

On The Rail
-During sound check they played a new song and it sounds AWESOME! An interesting note, stapp sang the lyrics "pray for sunrise" for the new song. Looks like he may be converting one of his solo songs.

Hardcore Fan
-I couldn't tell what he was saying during the new song. I know they were recording some of the jam because he mentioned getting a copy of it at the end, probably to use for writing lyrics.

On The Rail
He was definitely singing pray for sunrise.

The song was in open D tuning I'm pretty sure. The song sounds like it came straight from the Human Clay album. It has the dark, melodic sound that made Creed so unique.

You could tell they weren't ready to play it live yet, they kept going over the bridge and Stapp only sang on the chorus. He may have free styled a little bit during the verses but it wasn't anything I could make out.

http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/vi...p?f=42&t=25809
Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
xxRobxx
USER INFO »
Re: New Song Update!

Yep, I was there. I thought they were just working out a jam into something real. However, the post from ab.net were correct, whatever it was, was BADASS! Scott was just kinda 'scatting' a melody while the band jammed. I hope that indeed was the new song because it was epic! Definitely old school Creed!
Also, Flip and Erock were messing around towards the end. Flip gave him a beat and Erock laid a sick riff on top of it. It kinda had a 'Metalingus' feel to it.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Stevensonart
USER INFO »

This is freakin exciting. I liked FC a lot but this band must do what it does best to regain that level of popularity. But then again there is the other side of the coin where we get cheaper tickets, smaller close up venues.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
xxRobxx
USER INFO »

I even have a pic I took of them while they were doing it. Not fo'sho how to post it on here. If someone would be so kind, I'd be glad to share. Our VIP guide was VERY adamant that there was to be absolutely no recording during the sound check. Leads me to believe this maybe the real deal.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

So there taking more of his solo stuff?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Stevensonart
USER INFO »

I would say no. I think hes playing around with lyrics. Tremonti wrote the melody which I am sure is completey new.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by xxRobxx) Yep, I was there. I thought they were just working out a jam into something real. However, the post from ab.net were correct, whatever it was, was BADASS! Scott was just kinda 'scatting' a melody while the band jammed. I hope that indeed was the new song because it was epic! Definitely old school Creed!
Also, Flip and Erock were messing around towards the end. Flip gave him a beat and Erock laid a sick riff on top of it. It kinda had a 'Metalingus' feel to it.
yes brother, hopefully they will get it finshied up, at that certian momeant that cometh, before anything, else does, we will see it how it goes, i was excited, when i heared, they were doing another creed song, ...........