++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #31
Moonshine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks for the encouragement Goddess! I just may take your advice!

Old 07-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #32
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: This board is a hell of alot more peaceful about this than some others. Some of the members of the pit are just plain vicious. Also VH1 has some ignorant people there too regarding this topic.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:11 PM   #33
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I know I should not write this but.....I don't agree with the concensus here. I think Scott's comments were hurtful to the lawsuit, and in some ways hurtful to his bandmates. They have always had his back....especially that night. He never mentions being "out of it" that night. He just states that his lying on the floor was symbolic. To the audience it was symbolic too, but not in the way he meant it. He's sorry not everyone understood what he was doing. Did anyone??? My reaction to his words were.....does he think we're all idiots???
Now before all the hate mail starts...read my posts in the Why People Hate Creed thread. I have ALWAYS backed him up. I've always talked about how hard stardom is. I've always tried to show his side of the story. I feel badly that he feels alone. I feel
that's he's been bashed unfairly most of the time. I'm not bashing him. I'm not trying to put him down or downsize what he's going/gone through. I just feel that his comments would have been better left unsaid. He should have checked with his lawyers first. He should have thought about it more...the wording. He just should have thought more....period.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 07-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #34
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I completely understand where you are coming from Linda. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I don't see anyone bashing you for what you said, you put it very well. I am not really saying to much on the matter because there is no way for me to know what all he is being told to do and told not to do. I just hope he is getting the rest he deserves.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #35
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Very well said, Carrie. I feel the same way.

Relearn Love
Old 07-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #36
lisamariekikker
USER INFO »
I was at the Chicago show and have posted before. I have a quick question-in the Stapp answer article he says that in the past if they perfomed poorly at a show they would return to the city and play again for free or something to that effect. What would constitute a bad show? Anyone been to one of their shows where they returned to perform again ? Just curious! Thanks!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lisa, last year at the Las Vegas show I think it was, Scott was at the beginning stages of his throat troubles and throughout the show was apologizing for how poorly his voice was responding. They did a make-up show for $5 when he was feeling better. I know that souldancer was at that show.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #38
JenRN
USER INFO »
Like I have said before... "some things are just better left unsaid!"

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #39
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
I completely understand where you are coming from Linda. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I don't see anyone bashing you for what you said, you put it very well. I am not really saying to much on the matter because there is no way for me to know what all he is being told to do and told not to do. I just hope he is getting the rest he deserves.

I was just kidding about being bashed...didn't really expect it on this board. You guys are too nice here.
I would love to know what he's being told to do and not to do. I just can't imagine that he okay'd those comments with the attorneys. They certainly don't help matters. They also give the Stapp haters more to hate and whine about. I'd love to have watched that video of the show that he mentioned. I would really love to be able to formulate my own opinion of all of this based on facts rather than heresay.
As for getting the rest he deserves...it's been 7 months. I hope he's had plenty of rest during this time. I know that Mark said he's writing. I'm sure he's had a lot to write about. The lyrics of this next CD should be very interesting. I for one can't wait for it to come out.
I'm a big fan of Creed and of Stapp. I just felt those comments didn't help him or the band in any way. Just my opinion. Being a person who feels the need to say what I'm thinking, I can certainly understand why Scott felt the need to speak out. I just wish he'd chosen his words with more care. Unlike myself, his words reach millions of people, so he needs to watch what he says in matters such as this.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 07-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #40
lisamariekikker
USER INFO »
I was thinking about this and does anyone know for sure if Scott actually said these things? This would not be the first time someone pretended to be him-just a thought.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #41
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by lisamariekikker
I was thinking about this and does anyone know for sure if Scott actually said these things? This would not be the first time someone pretended to be him-just a thought.

yes, it was confirmed by Hanson Management...
Old 07-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #42
lisamariekikker
USER INFO »
Well there goes my theory!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:17 PM   #43
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I was visiting my old friends on the Bandrags bb. I wanted to read their opinions on this topic. I knew that many had actually been in the pit that night, so I wanted to see what they had to say about all of this. What I found most interesting was a reply from a guy who I know for a FACT is a close friend of the bands.
He said that Scott's words were taken out of context and that he was misquoted.
If this IS indeed the case than my apologies Scott. I apologize for thinking you'd actually thought the fans were idiots. I apologize for thinking that what I read was indeed what you said. I also apologize for any other negative comments I've made. Of course, if what I wrote is true...if what was printed is accurate then....
Old 07-24-2003, 12:41 PM   #44
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks for sharing that information with us, Linda. It's so hard to know when you hear or read something to know if it's truly what someone said or if it was taken out of context and twisted around. I have learned not to be believe everything I read or hear unless I see or hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.:P

Relearn Love
Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #45
lisamariekikker
USER INFO »
I'm just thrilled to know that there is word about a new CD and tour and that the band is still going to continue making music. A friend of mine in the music business, actually two friends of mine (one in Chicago and one in Colorado) said that there was rumor they were thinking about spliting. Again-total rumor-never ever confirmed, but it had me worried a little. I would have been devistated!!