++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
raidersfan1281
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
here a good ?

Creed says they are not a christian band we all know that. Say they are really a christian. Do you think that denying christ is a good thing? As christians you are suppost to proclaim that christ died and rose from the grave. You are not suppost to deny christ. I don't know if any of the guys are christian but if they are do you think it is wrong for them to hide it?

P.S.- I am not trying to make anyone mad. I just want to see what people think. I think creed is awsome and i don't really care if they say they are christian or not.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
cjme
USER INFO »
You can believe in God and still play Rock & Roll, no? If they had planned to become a Christian Band, I'm sure they would have titled their songs and written the lyrics accordingly. I wonder what it takes for them to shake that image? And no, I've never heard about them denying God, acctually the opposite is true. But that's just my thoughts.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
In a Q&A I read about the band, possibly on their own website, I'm not too sure, but they were asked if they were Christians. They basically said that they were not what people generally call "Christians" but they all do believe in God in their own way, and basically don't support or really agree with organized religion. They have their own belief system, per se, but are simply good, kind-hearted people who play Rock & Roll, and to me are the greated band with the greatest music in the world.

Old 03-14-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I've heard the same thing, C-Dogg. And you're right, they are the greatest, IMO!!

Relearn Love
Old 03-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
I've heard the same thing, C-Dogg.  And you're right, they are the greatest, IMO!!

Ditto!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:13 PM   #6
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Dido
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
raidersfan1281
USER INFO »
i understand what you guys are saying but do you think it is wrong to say yes i believe in a god and i am sort of christian. to me you can't be in the middle i believe you have to be a christian or not.

i really like creed and i love their lyrics. i am not saying they are bad people i'm just asking what you believe. it is not for me to judge if they are a christian or not.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousDan85
Dido
Thank You.

Anyway, if Creed were a Christian band, they'd be praising God and singing "Join us in our quest to the road to heaven" and "Lift up your hands to the glory of God". This is not being done, and that's fine with me. I am a Christian, I believe in God. I do not go to church on a regular basis and don't believe that these men either have to admit or renounce whatever it is that they believe in just to accommodate those who want a clear definitive answer. You either like them or you don't. What they believe shouldn't enter into it. They are not trying to convert anyone. Let them live.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:35 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
just because you´re Christian, it doesn´t mean you have to praise God as a gospel spreader. You can praise God when you do your job correctly, with honesty.

If you´re a Christian engineer, for example, you don´t have how to praise God. If you´re a musician, it doesn´t mean you have to praise God in your songs.

I understand why they don´t support organized religion. Church can let you down several times, since it´s made by humans to get closer to God. I also believe God wants us to live in a community, that´s why I go to church. No matter how it lets me down sometimes, I have to close my eyes to the bad stuff and be thankful for the good stuff.

Secondly, Creed helps lots and lots of people with their positive message. So, Christians or not, they aren´t going in the opposite way of God.

I hope you got my point.

Their beliefs are their business!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:43 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

If you´re a Christian engineer, for example, you don´t have how to praise God. If you´re a musician, it doesn´t mean you have to praise God in your songs.

Their beliefs are their business!
Marcos, I've never heard it expressed any better than you just did!! Excellent!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Absolutely, right Teri!! Bravo, Marcos!!

I consider myself a Christian and I also believe in God although I don't go to church on a regular basis. In my opinion, guys from Creed are Christian. I think it all depends on how you define it.

Relearn Love
Old 03-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by raidersfan1281
i understand what you guys are saying but do  you  think it is wrong to say yes i believe in a god and i am sort of christian.  to me you can't be in the middle i believe you have to be a christian or not.

No, I don't and I don't think I or anyone else should be judged poorly because of that. But that's my view. I respect whatever it is you believe even if I don't agree with it. Many here know my views on organized religion, especially Catholicism, so I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that my spirituality is not defined by man-made religious rules or found inside the walls of a church. In my heart I believe there is something more powerful than we and that there is a God who listens to us and loves us.

The members of Creed have said on many occasions that while they are not a Christian band, they each have their beliefs in God. I don't know how much more direct they can be and why this question or desire to make them Christians persists. I don't understand why people cannot be grateful for their music and let them live their lives free of the judgmental tendencies of some religions.

In the words of Creed: Believe what you will, that is your right.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:55 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Thank You. &nbsp;

Anyway, if Creed were a Christian band, they'd be praising God and singing "Join us in our quest to the road to heaven" and "Lift up your hands to the glory of God". This is not being done, and that's fine with me. I am a Christian, I believe in God. I do not go to church on a regular basis and don't believe that these men either have to admit or renounce whatever it is that they believe in just to accommodate those who want a clear definitive answer. You either like them or you don't. What they believe shouldn't enter into it. They are not trying to convert anyone. Let them live. </b>

Right on, Teri.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:56 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
No, I don't and I don't think I or anyone else should be judged poorly because of that. But that's my view. I respect whatever it is you believe even if I don't agree with it. Many here know my views on organized religion, especially Catholicism, so I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that my spirituality is not defined by man-made religious rules or found inside the walls of a church. In my heart I believe there is something more powerful than we and that there is a God who listens to us and loves us. &nbsp;

The members of Creed have said on many occasions that while they are not a Christian band, they each have their beliefs in God. I don't know how much more direct they can be and why this question or desire to make them Christians persists. I don't understand why people cannot be grateful for their music and let them live their lives free of the judgmental tendencies of some religions. &nbsp;

In the words of Creed: Believe what you will, that is your right.

Right on to you, too, Dogstar! You guys rock!
Old 03-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #15
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by C-Dogg
In a Q&A I read about the band, possibly on their own website

yes, they answered the question themselves

scroll down a little

F.A.Q.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to