++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #16
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) God forbid they want to make a living. Seriously, I think the truth lies somewhere in between both sides.
I agree with that. I always say it takes two to tango
Old 08-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I agree I just had the same thoughts. But what is meant to be is meant to be.

Yeah, and Stapp said in another interview that these feelings about a break up actually started after the Human Clay tour, but they kept on with Weathered. Oh well, who knows, we live here and now, and Creed is no more. (Problably).

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #18
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) God forbid they want to make a living. Seriously, I think the truth lies somewhere in between both sides.

i agree the truth lies somewhere between the middle. this shows there is more to it and the tour should have being cancelled straight-away. i don't think that explains the break-up totally because i think there were too many personality issues and there are just too many negatives stories of stapp amongst other bands and creed fans. having two tumours and the tour wasen't cancelled? what was JHMP thinking?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #19
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) They should have at least taken an adequate amount of time off for his throat to heal the right way.

It was never a secret that he was on medication. Especially after the car accident. It's just that many wanted to believe something different.

Wow. I never thought of it that way. Mark always says he wants to tour and tour. Touring is the money maker when you're in a band.

In all fairness to Mark and Flip, I really do believe they love to tour simply for the "high" of performing for the fans, as Mark has stated in interviews. I just wish Mark would use a bit more tact in interviews when referring to the Creed break-up and how things transpired, given all that Scott endured for the sake of the band and success of the tour, he could have given that much respect to Scott in return.
And shame on the management "powers that be" for just letting Scott go on and on in such poor health! Now we all know where that statement about his most painful moment came from....and we know why he questioned if anybody "had his back"...makes me sick to my stomach, the greed involved, and at the expense of his physical and emotional health.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #20
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i agree the truth lies somewhere between the middle. this shows there is more to it and the tour should have being cancelled straight-away. i don't think that explains the break-up totally because i think there were too many personality issues and there are just too many negatives stories of stapp amongst other bands and creed fans. having two tumours and the tour wasen't cancelled? what was JHMP thinking?

JHMP was thinking money. But I have to say that in this interview Stapp was not refering to the break up just the Weather Tour and his health. If I not mistaken. But also it does explain why he distance himself among the members, fans, bands etc. He has always said even going back when they got sued I saw him on a cable show can't remeber the name but anyhow he said that on the Weather Tour he was going through alot of things and felt really alone. Mark and Flip said in the first interview about the break up that one of the cause of the break up is that Stapp wanted to tour less and they wanted to work.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #21
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) In all fairness to Mark and Flip, I really do believe they love to tour simply for the "high" of performing for the fans, as Mark has stated in interviews. I just wish Mark would use a bit more tact in interviews when referring to the Creed break-up and how things transpired, given all that Scott endured for the sake of the band and success of the tour, he could have given that much respect to Scott in return.
And shame on the management "powers that be" for just letting Scott go on and on in such poor health! Now we all know where that statement about his most painful moment came from....and we know why he questioned if anybody "had his back"...makes me sick to my stomach, the greed involved, and at the expense of his physical and emotional health.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #22
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) In all fairness to Mark and Flip, I really do believe they love to tour simply for the "high" of performing for the fans, as Mark has stated in interviews. I just wish Mark would use a bit more tact in interviews when referring to the Creed break-up and how things transpired, given all that Scott endured for the sake of the band and success of the tour, he could have given that much respect to Scott in return.
Well said Kim.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #23
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This is the first any of us have heard anything about tumors or nodules as far as I know. I'm not trying to defend or take sides. I'm wondering if Scott shared that news with management. We all knew that he was stressed, tired and sick but it wasn't common knowledge about the tumors or nodule.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:19 AM   #25
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yup, first time. The only medical complications that were ever released about Scott were the disks in his back during the car accident and his throat problems.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:12 AM   #26
Dani
USER INFO »

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

There is also a full interview with Scott about the break up over at MTV.com if some of you haven't seen it yet MTV article
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/
Old 08-12-2004, 04:28 AM   #27
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Geez, Scott Stapp trying to be a victim in all of this. Just check out the thread in the alterbridgeband.net forum.

http://p202.ezboard.com/falterbridge...cID=1962.topic
Old 08-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #28
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
He isn't trying to be a victim...he admitted his fault in all this. That thread has alot of ignorant posts in it and isn't worth reading. It's just the same ole Scott bashers saying the same things.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
what's up with the shower girls talk?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #30
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Huh?