++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-31-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
hide's music news

hide can exclusively report the following news items;

The Darkness have completed the follow-up to "Permission to Land". I can't stand his voice but I know there are some who love their stuff.

Brian May has contributed a track to the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack. It is a collaboration with Jimmy Gnecco of Ours. That soundtrack doesn't really interest me but this song should rock very hard.

Australian rock station The Vines have being banned by Australian national rock The Vines after some shocking antics by Craig Nicholls at a radio sponsored gig. Triple M have released the following statement regarding the matter.

Five minutes into Thursday nights’ Triple M Garage Session performance, The Vines guitarist Patrick walked off stage and joined the crowd, adding fuel to the rumour the Vines are on the brink of break up.

A police report has been filed by a Sydney newspaper photographer who says she was kicked during the gig, destroying her camera.

The band stopped half way through many songs with the lead singer screaming at the audience calling them a pack of sheep and telling them to shut up or get out. The intimate crowd of 400 were shocked when asked by the lead singer to “baa” like sheep .

Triple M has held hugely successful Garage Sessions in the past with bands such as The Darkness, The Living End and most recently Jet. It was hoped that the Vines would put on an equally successful show for Triple M listeners.

The station has been inundated by calls and emails from unhappy listeners disappointed by The Vines performance and attitude on the night.

As a result of listener feedback Triple M have dropped all The Vines tracks on their stations’ play lists and are awaiting an apology from the band and their management.

Triple M Program Director, Mike Fitzpatrick said of the incident;
In my opinion it's unprofessional and disrespectful to their fans. I've invited the guys to Triple M to apologise or at least explain their actions on air, but they haven’t called me back. We've supported the Vines until now, but our listeners have made it clear, after the Garage Session performance, they don't want to hear the band on Triple M. I can assure you they will never have another song played on Triple M. Whether they care about that or not, I don't know, but I'll be sure to mention it to Craig the next time he asks me “do you want fries with that?”.

you can check www.antimusic.com or www.triplem.com.au for verification but would i lead you up the garden path?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-31-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, that's bizarre. I think Craig Nicholls is trying to be Kurt Cobain with his antics. I don't really care for them anyway.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:27 PM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Wow, that's bizarre. I think Craig Nicholls is trying to be Kurt Cobain with his antics. I don't really care for them anyway.

yep way too tryhard in the kurt cobain antics, gone past trashing hotel rooms though. being banned from this station will seriously hurt their record sales and thus their career. this is no small radio station, the station is syndicated around the country. this brian may tune with gnecco should be sweet!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-31-2004, 11:38 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
From what I've read about the Vines, I don't know, I think he, Nicholls, is trying too hard to be bad-ass or whatever. Maybe he's just nuts ...Yeah, the Brian May thing sounds interesting.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:44 PM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) From what I've read about the Vines, I don't know, I think he, Nicholls, is trying too hard to be bad-ass or whatever. Maybe he's just nuts ...Yeah, the Brian May thing sounds interesting.

yeah maybe he's just insane , i don't know how patrick matthews one of the members can stand him being a former medical student and all.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hehehehe...Oh, and I can't stand the Darkness .
Old 05-31-2004, 11:56 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hehehehe...Oh, and I can't stand the Darkness .

why???

I promissed myself I wouldn't listen to them, but after I did for an accident, I turned my opinion right away. They're not supposed to be taken serious and I don't. Thing called love has 3 solos and a great tune! I liked what I heard.

Btw, I also saw some news that "The Vines" is breaking up... it's on ultimate-guitar.com
Old 05-31-2004, 11:56 PM   #8
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hehehehe...Oh, and I can't stand the Darkness .

the darkness would be okay if they had a different singer, his voice after a while is like fingernails on a blackboard! falsetto's annoy the hell out of me....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-01-2004, 12:24 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) the darkness would be okay if they had a different singer, his voice after a while is like fingernails on a blackboard!
Hehe, it's not even after a while. It's right off the bat for me. I loathe the guy's voice. Marcos, the music part of it isn't bad, but it's really not that original or anything and really, his voice so grates on my nerves. They are just trying to capitalize on going retro, I think. Serious or not, they aren't worth my money.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:33 AM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hehe, it's not even after a while. It's right off the bat for me. I loathe the guy's voice. Marcos, the music part of it isn't bad, but it's really not that original or anything and really, his voice so grates on my nerves. They are just trying to capitalize on going retro, I think. Serious or not, they aren't worth my money.

i agree kerri i listened to 3 or 4 songs at one of those listening stations and believe i tried to like them. its a battle to keep listening to that voice and if you are battling to like it then i'm not going to pay for it. its not the type of music that will grow on you either. plus they are a 80's hair metal band in the naughties. the music is cool and the solos rock but that voice kills it.....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-01-2004, 12:58 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yep!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:00 AM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) the darkness would be okay if they had a different singer, his voice after a while is like fingernails on a blackboard! falsetto's annoy the hell out of me....
HaHaHa Hes been a malor influnce on me
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-01-2004, 01:01 AM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
major
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-01-2004, 04:52 AM   #14
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
New music from The Darkness? Awesome.

Brian May collaborating with Ours? FUCKING AWESOME! Have I told anyone how amazing Ours are? Very Very. This is wonderful news.

The Vines suck? Hmmm, yeah, thats about right. Triple M are tools too, and only 'supported' the Vines after they got big. It's what they, as a commercial rock station, do. The Vines though, are a running gag. Worse than Jet! The sooner they drop off the face of the Earth the better.

Side note: Why is it "Hide's Music News"? Did you change your name or something?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #15
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) New music from The Darkness? Awesome.

Brian May collaborating with Ours? FUCKING AWESOME! Have I told anyone how amazing Ours are? Very Very. This is wonderful news.

The Vines suck? Hmmm, yeah, thats about right. Triple M are tools too, and only 'supported' the Vines after they got big. It's what they, as a commercial rock station, do. The Vines though, are a running gag. Worse than Jet! The sooner they drop off the face of the Earth the better.

Side note: Why is it "Hide's Music News"? Did you change your name or something?

oh hide=handmedown boring story won't go into it!

Brian May collaborating with Jimmy should be excellent and is almost enough reason to buy the soundtrack even though the rest of the album doesn't appeal that much. right on about triple m but it could hurt the vines in the future not having them to promote their future albums. the vines are another case of here today, gone tomorrow IMO. this album has tanked in comparison to their debut, a one album wonder. you like the darkness? were you one of the kids who liked hurting other's ears in the classroom?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie