++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
3 Things that piss you off about creed haters..

3 Things that piss you off about Creed haters:

1) That they all accuse creed of being sellouts.

2) That they all believe Scott Stapp was a Poser.

3) That they think fred durst would have kicked Stapps ass.(This being my favorite because this feud is much like a creed vs Limp contest, there is none creed wins by a unanimous decision.)(By the way I wonder if limp Bizkit will ever make a good record again?)

"He said he's falling to pieces
Fighting the boy and the man
Over his shoulder there was freedom
But consciousness has tied his hands
Embodied youth was his distinction
Now inhibition's in demand
So driven by his fear of weakness
That's his key to understand
So far in a distant land
There's a fight between boy and man
See the light through the open door
Sit and watch as the young grow old"
Old 04-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Here's the three things that upset me most about Creed haters:

1)They say that all Creed songs sound the same. This really upsets me the most. My brother is a Creed hater, and, anytime a Creed song came on the radio while I was in the car with him, he always said "it's a crappy Creed song". I'd then say that it's a good song and their songs are good. Then he'd say "but all of their songs sound the same". And so started a 5-10 minute argument about how not all of their songs sound the same. He really based this judgement on just their radio singles, the big hits. Never did he hear the MOP stuff, the stuff that was praised by so many. It's just ridiculous.

2)They base their opinion of the band off of one member or one song. This happens a lot. Most people that hate Creed hate them because of one member of the band or one song. Mostly, I've noticed that people hate them only because of Stapp. They say, "he's an egomaniac", "he's an ass", "he has an annoying voice", "he's a Eddie Vedder rip-off" etc. It really stinks that they are allowing Stapp as a person play a role in whether they like Creed or not. My Brother-In-Law owns Human Clay, but now no longer hates Creed and bashes Stapp often. Also, a lot of people let just one Creed song define Creed as a band. Case in point: With Arms Wide Open. They think that, just based off of this song, that Creed is a soft band, comparable with a lot of the corny bands on Pop radio today(Simple Plan, Good Charlotte etc.). Truth is, they've probably never heard a song from MOP, the hardest Creed album of them all. If they heard just 5 songs off of MOP, they'd realize that Creed was not a pop/rock band, but rather a ROCK band.

3)They hate Creed simply because Creed had a ton of success on Pop radio. It is unfair to hate on a band because Pop radio plays them a lot. If people are using this standard to hate Creed, then why not hate Green Day and U2? They've had a lot of success on Pop radio, yet are regarded as two of the best bands out there today. Creed's hit songs(on Pop radio, that is) were not Creed's best songs, but rather their most Pop radio friendly songs. The members of Creed had no say in which songs were released as singles. That was Wind-Up's call. It's really annoying to see them hated on because they just so happened to have a massive amount of success on Pop radio. Bottom line is, don't judge a band based off of a few songs, a member of the band or based on the success they have.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Titan9 has many valid points, I'd definitely agree with most of it. However, a few things I disagree with (well, not actually disagree, but just want to clarify).

First, their radio singles DO sound a lot alike, and that is what most people judge them by. Sure, it ain't right, but why should they buy the albums if they think all the songs they have heard stink? I only have the albums because I burned them from a friend, and I know that MOP rocks your socks off. But I would never have guessed such a thing if I had only heard their singles (minus bullets, which you never heard on the radio because it wasn't the soft radio rock people wanted).

Second, during MOP Creed WAS one heck of a rock band, but unfortunately they scared a lot of people off with HC because it really did not exhibit their rock and roll side. You can like or dislike human clay, but it desn't help their image, that is for sure.

Third, Green Day IS hated by a lot of people as far as I know... I think just about EVERY band gets hated when they are popular, because if you don't like them you are SICK of hearing them. U2 is kind of an enigma... NO one seems to hate U2. But that is because, in my opinion, they are the last great rock band. Hopefully AB can carry on the tradition of great rock bands but they have a long way to go and I don't ever think they will reach U2 status. It is very hard these days when every song has to be a radio friendly hit or you don't get signed.

Finally, Stapp.. I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you there. If you think a guy is a compelte tool, it is GOING TO AFFECT what you think of his band. I like velvet revolver's music a little, but I just don't get into them because they are a bunch of drugged out morons. Sure, that doesn't technically affect their music but I don't want to support a band that has all the wrong things going imagewise. I'm not saying I think Stapp is such a loser that it affects whether or not I like Creed, but certainly I wouldn't blame those who did.

The things I hate about Creed haters (lol):

Tremonti is a show-off. WHAT ON EARTH?! Where do people get that? I just don't understand...

Tremonti is overrated. Ummm... by whom?

They sound just like Pearl Jam. NO THEY DON'T!!! I don't particulalry adore their last two albums, but their first one was great, and even if it has similarities to Pearl Jam, it certainly is not a Pearl Jam rip-off...
Old 04-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan9 has many valid points, I'd definitely agree with most of it. However, a few things I disagree with (well, not actually disagree, but just want to clarify).

First, their radio singles DO sound a lot alike, and that is what most people judge them by. Sure, it ain't right, but why should they buy the albums if they think all the songs they have heard stink? I only have the albums because I burned them from a friend, and I know that MOP rocks your socks off. But I would never have guessed such a thing if I had only heard their singles (minus bullets, which you never heard on the radio because it wasn't the soft radio rock people wanted).

Second, during MOP Creed WAS one heck of a rock band, but unfortunately they scared a lot of people off with HC because it really did not exhibit their rock and roll side. You can like or dislike human clay, but it desn't help their image, that is for sure.

Third, Green Day IS hated by a lot of people as far as I know... I think just about EVERY band gets hated when they are popular, because if you don't like them you are SICK of hearing them. U2 is kind of an enigma... NO one seems to hate U2. But that is because, in my opinion, they are the last great rock band. Hopefully AB can carry on the tradition of great rock bands but they have a long way to go and I don't ever think they will reach U2 status. It is very hard these days when every song has to be a radio friendly hit or you don't get signed.

Finally, Stapp.. I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you there. If you think a guy is a compelte tool, it is GOING TO AFFECT what you think of his band. I like velvet revolver's music a little, but I just don't get into them because they are a bunch of drugged out morons. Sure, that doesn't technically affect their music but I don't want to support a band that has all the wrong things going imagewise. I'm not saying I think Stapp is such a loser that it affects whether or not I like Creed, but certainly I wouldn't blame those who did.

The things I hate about Creed haters (lol):

Tremonti is a show-off. WHAT ON EARTH?! Where do people get that? I just don't understand...

Tremonti is overrated. Ummm... by whom?

They sound just like Pearl Jam. NO THEY DON'T!!! I don't particulalry adore their last two albums, but their first one was great, and even if it has similarities to Pearl Jam, it certainly is not a Pearl Jam rip-off...

Actually (I think) ...you' re just wasting your time...lol
Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Uncertain Drummer

Hey dude,

Sorry aberout getting all fired up about this whole Bridge/ Creed rivalry..I guess everyone has different preferences on what they liked or disliked about the band when they were creed. My own prison was an awesome cd from ode to torn. The thing is creed may have stepped away from their hardrock image after that cd, but they gave us 8-9 years of good music. I will admit that stapp is an ass and what he did to the band totally pissed me off, however there is just this feeling when you hear a creed song classic or from weathered that they were special and that bands like them do not come along every day. I especially appreciate this now as there really other than alterbridge there is a shortage of quality rock music on the radio. Yeah creed may have sounded the same to some people but compared to the bands that are around presently i prefer to pop in any creed cd or One day remains over the crap songs the radio is playing now. I feel that mark and company have a ton of talent and maybe the next cd with a little more time it will be alot better, not saying this one wasn't good, Music wise it totally kicked as and I agree with you was probably the most aggresive stuff from them in a while. I just think Kennedy needs to get rid of the little gay things he does like the ooohs and ahhhs and he's be awesome..example , if he did more songs like metalingus or find the real or even broken wings. I guess the song that had a lot of potential that kinda turned me off to them at first was probably open your eyes....
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Actually (I think) ...you' re just wasting your time...lol

Huh?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Huh?

This is an endless discussion ...didn't you notice it?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #8
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
I am by no means trying to make fun of alter bridge, I even went as far as to apologize to Uncertain for the way our arguments have gone. I just don't think his opinions on music reflect everyone else's. I was simply stating my opinion ....in a rude way only when I was called an idiot for stating mine. Sorry to everyone I may have offended, i don't hate alter bridge its just what one prefers. I can go back and look at my previous posts and say that I responded a little harshly after being called an idiot, simply because I don't agree with him on certain things, it doen't mean he is not entitled to his opinion.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:04 AM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) I am by no means trying to make fun of alter bridge, I even went as far as to apologize to Uncertain for the way our arguments have gone. I just don't think his opinions on music reflect everyone else's. I was simply stating my opinion ....in a rude way only when I was called an idiot for stating mine. Sorry to everyone I may have offended, i don't hate alter bridge its just what one prefers. I can go back and look at my previous posts and say that I responded a little harshly after being called an idiot, simply because I don't agree with him on certain things, it doen't mean he is not entitled to his opinion.

At least...this is a good start!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
1) they think all creed songs are the same exact thing
2) they hate lyrics w/ a positive, uplifting message
3) they prolly love Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park

Old 04-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #11
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) This is an endless discussion ...didn't you notice it?

Oh, oh. I wasn't sure what you meant.

And by the way, rmadd is definitely right with his third reason: They probably like linkin park. lol.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 PM   #12
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
1. Because they couldn't write the lyrics Creed did...
2. Limp Bizkit LOVERS...
3. Claim they can play better music than Creed (Wannabe's)

If I could add a 4th.... Scott Stapp IS too sexy..(Therefore, "He must be gay" to quote my hubby...and other men..) hee hee