++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #1
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge Bashes Scott Big Time

I searched for this link and Guitar One but came up empty. Here is the link to an interview if you haven't seen it. Sorry if it has been posted before.
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...GuitarOne.html

Before they start bashing him, it says "And we don't want to bash Scott Stapp."

Then they go on to say that they could bash him even more. "And I just want to reach out and say that we're only giving you five percent of the story."

I'm assuming Scott has taken the high road. Has anyone seen him bashing Altar Bridge?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:08 AM   #2
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I searched for this link and Guitar One but came up empty. Here is the link to an interview if you haven't seen it. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Then they go on to say that they could bash him even more. "And I just want to reach out and say that we're only giving you five percent of the story."

I'm assuming Scott has taken the high road. Has anyone seen him bashing Altar Bridge?

Yea, I've read them all, and they've made those statements several times, including "we don't want to point any fingers but".

Their story has changed so many times, and they've given numerous reasons as to why this, why that...that imo they have become a joke.

No, I've not read any bashing on Stapps part. In fact, he wished them well.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:17 AM   #3
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) I searched for this link and Guitar One but came up empty. Here is the link to an interview if you haven't seen it. Sorry if it has been posted before.

no, i haven't seen stapp bashing Altar Bridge...who is Altar Bridge?

they haven't bashed stapp, they've answered questions as to why creed broke up and told instances and some circumstances as to why...not all, but some..as they said 5%...and if that is 5%, i'd hate to see the real scott stapp, what a douche he must be.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 AM   #4
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) no, i haven't seen stapp bashing Altar Bridge...who is Altar Bridge?

they haven't bashed stapp, they've answered questions as to why creed broke up and told instances and some circumstances as to why...not all, but some..as they said 5%...and if that is 5%, i'd hate to see the real scott stapp, what a douche he must be.

If you read the article, some fans call them altar bridge. Also if you read the article, your statements are not correct. They did much more than simply answer questions.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
Creed7352
USER INFO »
read the article...all i see is Alter Bridge, no Altar Bridge.

also, i don't see really any bashing at all...a question is asked and then an answer given with some backdrop and mention of events that happened...brian is the only one i see bash stapp with the line "scott stapp is a pathological liar." which isn't even bashing, just telling the interviewer (and readers) how stapp is.

but you're going to read it and interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the vh1 and pbf boards with your way of thinking. do you post there?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:52 AM   #6
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) read the article...all i see is Alter Bridge, no Altar Bridge.
sorry, must be another ab article on that site.

Quote: also, i don't see really any bashing at all...a question is asked and then an answer given with some backdrop and mention of events that happened...brian is the only one i see bash stapp with the line "scott stapp is a pathological liar." which isn't even bashing, just telling the interviewer (and readers) how stapp is.
I know as a scott stapp hater you don't see it, but its there in plain english.
Quote: but you're going to read it and interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the vh1 and pbf boards with your way of thinking. do you post there?
Doesn't look good when you have to resort to putting people down (trying to anyways).
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 AM   #7
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i'm not trying to put you down...just calling it as i see it.

i'm not a scott stapp hater either..i'm anxiouly awaiting his new album cause i want to hear what he has to offer. creed was my favorite band...stapp was in creed...therefore i want to hear his stuff. i didn't like RL, but TGD was better.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »
It's weird, everytime Alter Bridge gives an interview... they "alter" themselves into finger pointing 12 year olds.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:44 AM   #9
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) It's weird, everytime Alter Bridge gives an interview... they "alter" themselves into finger pointing 12 year olds.

True. Also, I just read yet another bashing interview, and they think they are outing Scott for not acting like a Christian while writing "christian" lyrics. Scott is the first person to admit he wasn't living right.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #10
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
mark just knows he's nothing without Scott, just an average bar band!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
BOO HOO!!!

Get over it, Stapp screwed up big time in the past and hurt other people feelings to the point they stopped liking him... what would you expect? It's like a divorce... shoot the first rock the one who was never used by someone else and when realized it, stop caring about him/her ???

All you do is complain about AB said this, AB said that... if it bothers you so much, stop reading their interviews.

I'm not judging Stapp... he had his issues... but you can't deny his attitude in the recent past made people that were close to him to step away.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Alright, enough already!! You guys are unbelieveable!! This 3 guys, Mark, Brian and Flip, have known Scott for 10 years!!! Don't you think they know what they are talking about? They actually knew him, they toured with him for years! Have you even met the guy? I'm telling you, Alter Bridge is giving you the truth, 'cause they were there, THEY know what happened. And you don't, you are just very close minded people!! And I hate the fact that ever since TGD was released more and more unpolite Stapp fans shows up here. This used to be a nice Alter Bridge board. Why don't you stick to PBF? There's one Stapp fan I really like, Ana4Stapp, but that's because she's very nice and not close minded. Sadly, she's pretty much one of a kind. I don't mind Stapp fans, I just mind the annoying ones!!

And you, jmhonline, you are just driving me CRAZY!!! Ryan, (Creed7352), was nothing but very calm and nice to you. And what are you doing to him? Bitchin' like crazy, if I was him I would've been so freaking pissed at you right now!

Myles said in that interview that you should choose side and go into war between AB and Stapp. So please don't, and don't make someone else do either! We are nice people over here, and this was a totally calm Alter Bridge board where most of us were excited about Scott's solo record, before you Stappers signed up here and all these fights started going on!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-06-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #13
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Alright, enough already!! You guys are unbelieveable!! This 3 guys, Mark, Brian and Flip, have known Scott for 10 years!!! Don't you think they know what they are talking about? They actually knew him, they toured with him for years! Have you even met the guy? I'm telling you, Alter Bridge is giving you the truth, 'cause they were there, THEY know what happened. And you don't, you are just very close minded people!! And I hate the fact that ever since TGD was released more and more unpolite Stapp fans shows up here. This used to be a nice Alter Bridge board. Why don't you stick to PBF? There's one Stapp fan I really like, Ana4Stapp, but that's because she's very nice and not close minded. Sadly, she's pretty much one of a kind. I don't mind Stapp fans, I just mind the annoying ones!!

And you, jmhonline, you are just driving me CRAZY!!! Ryan, (Creed7352), was nothing but very calm and nice to you. And what are you doing to him? Bitchin' like crazy, if I was him I would've been so freaking pissed at you right now!

Myles said in that interview that you should choose side and go into war between AB and Stapp. So please don't, and don't make someone else do either! We are nice people over here, and this was a totally calm Alter Bridge board where most of us were excited about Scott's solo record, before you Stappers signed up here and all these fights started going on!

Great Post, Lith!!!! Great Post!!!!

PS: By the way, thanks for the consideration (cuz Im a Stapp fan but also an AB fan) and you are my favorite AB fan here.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »
See, people... THIS is a nice Stapp fan!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #15
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm just going to say one thing, being the fan of both AB and Stapp that I am: how do we know for certain that everything Alter Bridge says, and everything Stapp says, is the absolute truth? I don't deny that Mark, Brian and Flip knew Stapp well, but when a break-up happens, feelings get hurt and sometimes(and I'm not saying that this is the case, just bringing it up as a possibility) those who are hurt fabricate things to make the other person look bad. It's understandable; it happens all the time. No one knows for sure that Stapp is this jerk and liar that people have made him out to be; no one knows for sure that Mark is this angel that always tells the truth, that people have made him out to be. No one knows for certain that Stapp is telling the truth, or that Mark is. Just because someone knows someone well, that doesn't mean they'll always tell the truth about said person.

I personally think there is some truth coming from both sides......and some lies as well. I don't take everything that Mark says as being the honest to God truth, and I don't take everything that Stapp says as being nothing but bs lies. That's just me, though.

I think what is most important here is the actual music. I think it is wrong to judge a musician by how he is as a person. If I'm judging a musician, it'll be by how good the quality of his/her music is, not by whether said person is a jerk or not.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Closed Thread