++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Yes...the blue Collar is much better..record company's tend to make things their way....but it is not always the best!!

Yeah, I really wish that that version of MOP was the one released on Wind-up. Seems like every song on the Blue Collar version(4 or 5) is better than the album version of that particular song. It has more of a raw sound, which sounds great to me.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:37 AM   #32
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
I think my own prison was the best one made. It was their first album "which is always the best album from any band) and it just had a "We're new at this, but we kick a lot of ass" type of feel to it. Human Clay was their "Hey, we are into the music industry now" cd, and Weathered was their "Hey, we want pop radio airtime" cd. Plus, on MOP they were using more vintage equipment, and not the really expensive stuff that they had after MOP skyrocketed. I watched the walkthrough mark gave on all of his equipment, and i sat there drooling wishing that i could have Bogner Uberschalls and Mesa Boogie triple rectifier amps, with Mesa Boogie cabs, and my own line of PRS guitars that got pulled from production due to a lawsuit from Gibson....

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 11-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #33
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, I agree!

yeh ive noticed the older genaration like MOP better, but us younger teens/ adults find HUman Clay and weathered more appealing for some reason..
Old 11-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #34
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I guess you guys just didn't get the whole grunge phase.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #35
shiver
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) yeh ive noticed the older genaration like MOP better, but us younger teens/ adults find HUman Clay and weathered more appealing for some reason..

I would call myself a young adult, I was a teen when Creed came out, and the reason MOP is sooooo much better than the other two is because it rocks. HC rocks less, and Weathered, even though it contains one of my favorite Creed songs, doesn't really rock, it pops. If Creed would have released another album like Weathered, or whatever crap stapp is releasing, I would have walked away from Creed. Done. Now AB just needs to kick a little more ass in their next album to keep me hooked.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #36
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
Well MOP is the best album that Creed has put out even though HC sold more. MOP is the best because was more unique in sound compared to the genre that Human Clay was released. And the drive and what helped create MOP was a more creative atmosphere compared to HC and Weathered.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm a Human Clay guy... I think it's brilliant except for WAWO.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #38
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I'm a Human Clay guy... I think it's brilliant except for WAWO.

Are u saying u dont like with arms wide open..??
Old 11-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #39
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) I would call myself a young adult, I was a teen when Creed came out, and the reason MOP is sooooo much better than the other two is because it rocks. HC rocks less, and Weathered, even though it contains one of my favorite Creed songs, doesn't really rock, it pops. If Creed would have released another album like Weathered, or whatever crap stapp is releasing, I would have walked away from Creed. Done. Now AB just needs to kick a little more ass in their next album to keep me hooked.

Whats ur favourite creed song then? I thought weatherd was there best one but hey thats my opinion, i love all their songs in their , EVERY SONG, but One Last Breath, i still dont have words to explain how much that song means to me..
Old 11-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm a rather young guy(just turned 17) but I prefer MOP. It just seems to be more original and definitely less commercial than their other two releases. Every song on MOP is at the very least really good, with some great tracks. You can't say that about a lot of albums nowadays, as there seems to be quite a bit of filler.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #41
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Well, I am not so young as Titan - lol...but MOP was the last Creed album I bought (had one copy dowloaded from net) but is the one I like better. On second place I put Weathered and HC is the weakest cd(-except for 'Faceless Man')...well, at least for me.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #42
GregS
USER INFO »
I prefer My Own prison aswell. Nearly all the tracks on that album are a good listen.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #43
facelessmike
USER INFO »
I never get tired of MOP (Especially the BC Version). I was 14 when it came out and it stilll rocks for me...although HC is a close second (I also always skip WAWO!)
Old 11-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #44
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) I never get tired of MOP (Especially the BC Version). I was 14 when it came out and it stilll rocks for me...although HC is a close second (I also always skip WAWO!)

why dont u like WAWO?
i dont understand..
Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #45
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Are u saying u dont like with arms wide open..??
Yes. And the reason has nothing to do with Stapp x Mark... The song just doesn't do it for me... I mean... I think it's a great tribute to Jagger and when I become a father I'll relate to it... but I don't know... it's a bit boring.

I like the Smirnoff Arena version, with the extended solo though.