++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
FlameBird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
SS doesn't = Creed

**DISCLAMER**
This is not to any one person in particular. All "you"s in this session refer to anyone, not just one person. And I don't mean to sound preachy.

Hey guys, I just wanted to add in something, so I hope I'm not opening old wounds. I'm new here obviously, but I have lurked on here long enough to see all the posts about the Chicago show and mostly everyone's unhappiness (to put it lightly) about how it went. I do not live in Chicago, but I traveled with a friend from MD to Chicago to see them perform. And I did see their performance so I know where the concert attendees are coming from.

I'm not going to say how much I disliked the concert (lord knows there's been enough of that floating around). It's obvious there was something wrong with Scott and the concert did not go well. I would just like to say that Scott Stapp does not equal Creed.

Everyone is talking about how badly Creed did or Creed put on a bad show. While it is true that Scott wasn't acting the greatest, I don't think people should take it out on the whole group. If you were at that show you should know how hard Flip, Brett, and especially Mark were working to try to make the crowd happy. Scott got more than a few angry glances from his bandmates and they even tried to pick up the slack when he had his fits. There's only so much they can do when the lead singer isn't acting right. Heck, at some points I even saw Mark and Brett gearing up to sing some parts of the songs! If that's not trying I don't know what is.

To make a long rambling session short (too late!) I just wanted to say that it's kinda silly to stop following a group you've loved from day 1 (or whenever you started following them) because of one concert and one person in the group. Personally, I can't wait for the new cd to come out. They haven't let us down in anything they've released yet. And although I'm not impressed with Scott, I am impressed with how the rest of the group handled themselves keeping things running the best they could. That effort makes up the group Creed and the music/concerts we love, not just Scott and his occassional bumblings. If you can look past that and see the strength in the other members when one is down, then I just don't see what you could dislike so much to lose faith in the band as a whole.

So if there is anymore discussion about the Chicago show, I'd LOVE to talk about the other 3 guys peformances. Mark was SMOKING that night. I don't think I've ever seen him work that hard.

Thank you to all those who stuck with me on this. I'm sorry I rambled but it's just from reading all these posts that made me want to say this. And I promise any other posts I decide to make will be 90% smaller than this one! lol
<span style='color:red'>"No more or less than one phoenix would rise from the ashes. He would carry on for 500 years and then be sacrificed by thee self. Then another phoenix clear would rise above the ashes and keep the phoenix' fire going on forever for centuries to go."</span>
Old 01-09-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
A voice of reason. You are welcome here anytime.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:08 AM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: . If you can look past that and see the strength in the other members when one is down, then I just don't see what you could dislike so much to lose faith in the band as a whole.
You are more than welcome here anytime, Flamebird. And you make total sense with that statement. Very well said. Welcome to the bb and please don't be a stranger!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-09-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
Very well said Flamebird! It is nice to have some of those who were in chicago come back with something positive to say! Yeah I think we all know it was Scott's issue that night, and he is VERY foertunate he has such a kick ass band to pick up the slack that night! Glad you are here!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Flamebird, great post and welcome to the board.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #6
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Very well put and I totally agree with you! Welcome to the BB's, have fun posting here!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-10-2003, 08:19 PM   #7
FlameBird
USER INFO »
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for the positive views and welcomes! Glad to see this board has a lot of nice people.

Rereading that now, I can see how wordy I was too. :embarass: hehe oops
<span style='color:red'>"No more or less than one phoenix would rise from the ashes. He would carry on for 500 years and then be sacrificed by thee self. Then another phoenix clear would rise above the ashes and keep the phoenix' fire going on forever for centuries to go."</span>
Old 01-10-2003, 08:33 PM   #8
ronda
USER INFO »
I agree with you too. I still love creed , I just lost some of the feelings I used to feel as I had my cd's on before. I am trying to listen to the songs and get back to the way it was ( matchbox) song? LOL ,,
I listened to "dont stop dancing" and that one I could really get into now.
At times life is wicked and I just cant see the light.......
I picture Scott and really feel for him. The dude just had a bad day. I just wish his bad day coulda been December 30th ,, oh well....
Old 01-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #9
mommydutson
USER INFO »
well said flamebird
Old 01-12-2003, 04:09 PM   #10
njcreedite
USER INFO »
You rock Flamebird!!!!
Now about that new CD.......
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."