++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #16
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

Honestly I don't agree with your statement. Alter Bridge is not a cash cow - the reason Nickelback is so successful is because they write music that can cross formats. Their music appears on hard rock/modern rock stations as well as top40 and pop/rock stations. Same with Creed. They started out on rock stations but then branched out to pop stations with WAWO, Higher, My Sacrifice, etc. Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »

Steve basically stated exactly what I would have said. AB, save for "Open Your Eyes", isn't a really radio friendly band. I cannot see them being played on pop radio stations like Nickelback and Creed. What I can see is them flourishing on rock radio. I don't think AB is a cash cow like Nickelback, simply because AB doesn't make radio friendly music. They make good hard rockin' stuff. And I'm glad they don't make radio music.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
ABYanks
USER INFO »

First Edgewater left Wind-Up and they put out another record on their own, its called "Were Not Robots" and it rocks.

Second i think it was warner bros and they bought RR.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #19
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Steve basically stated exactly what I would have said. AB, save for "Open Your Eyes", isn't a really radio friendly band. I cannot see them being played on pop radio stations like Nickelback and Creed. What I can see is them flourishing on rock radio. I don't think AB is a cash cow like Nickelback, simply because AB doesn't make radio friendly music. They make good hard rockin' stuff. And I'm glad they don't make radio music.

I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.

When I mentioned radio-friendly music, I was talking more along the lines of what Michael Tremonti had said on the ABB.net forums... he mentioned several times that lots of the new songs are harder and heavier (and a bit different) than we've ever heard before. Harder != radio friendly. If that's the direction the band is going, they are more than likely not going to be radio friendly. Again as someone else states, that doesn't matter to me because I like lots of stuff that isn't radio friendly...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Same here, and I don't really consider AB a cash cow. If they were, Wind Up would have kept them somehow. I think they bucked what Wind Up wanted them to do musically, and that may be one reason they left, along with the lack of promotion.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #22
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Honestly I don't agree with your statement. Alter Bridge is not a cash cow - the reason Nickelback is so successful is because they write music that can cross formats. Their music appears on hard rock/modern rock stations as well as top40 and pop/rock stations. Same with Creed. They started out on rock stations but then branched out to pop stations with WAWO, Higher, My Sacrifice, etc. Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.

It's also hard to be a cash cow when you aren't being promoted. I would like to see what AB would be able to come up with if they had a proper record label. AB is a very marketable band, and they haven't gotten the play that they deserve. Look at In Loving Memory for instance. I think that song would rival "Savin Me" by Nickelback in marketability, weather you believe it or not, especially with the market swinging back more toward the rock scene. A lot of people realize that there are no great modern rock bands, save nickelback and 3 doors down, that are really making a huge impact. Alter Bridge has the guts and the background to make that happen. So yea, i think that they will be just as marketable, and just as big of a cash cow as any other band thats out there, IF their record label promotes them right and takes care of them.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 02-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #23
Bleeding Love
USER INFO »

Finally
I'm excited!!!

hung from the rafters with care
Kevin Fitz<3
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #24
J.T.
USER INFO »

Yeah I agree with you tremonti4life04. They could be a huge band if they are promoted right.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #25
nagpo
USER INFO »

i wonder who the label is now.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #26
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) Yeah I agree with you tremonti4life04. They could be a huge band if they are promoted right.
they could be the next van halen. that is if they work on their lyrics a bit.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Another update from Michael posted (Feb. 21) at abb.net

What's up Alter Bridge Nation!!!

Sorry about the lack of updates recently but we are trying to keep things on the down-low for a little bit until we can make our record label and producer announcements. Obviously we already have the producer but we are still in contract negotiations with the label. All is going well but it just takes time when dealing with contracts and lawyers and such.

I can tell you that pre-production is going incredible. When I talked to Mark last night it was the most excited I have heard him in years. He truly believes in his heart that Alter Bridge are creating something really special here. As of last night they had the final arrangements down for 11 songs and they are continuing to work 12 hours a day, every day. I believe that the musicianship on this next album is going to be something to behold.

I have not been able to get to the studio yet due to some medical reasons (do not worry, I am fine) but I hope to get down there to report for all of you the first or second week of March.

In the meantime, keep spreading the word about Alter Bridge and encourage people to sign up on these boards. As I talk to the band members via phone I'll keep you all as current as I can. My hands are a bit tied right now and there is so much info that I would love to share but all of it will come in due time.

I also encourage everyone to activate the country flag in your profile. It helps to see where the fans posting are located so that I can let management know where we need to tour in the future.

And thank you to all of you who have been there since day one and to all of you newcomers. We are all beginning a new journey and I, for one, am excited as hell to see where all this will take us!

Michael Tremonti
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #28
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.
Yeah, but in the end of the day, what's more important? The music or the money and success?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #29
J-Man
USER INFO »

I'd have to say The Music is the most important for everyone involved (band and fans). The music is their art and they are passionate musicians, so of course they would want their music to be important, everything else afterwards just happens.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #30
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) they could be the next van halen. that is if they work on their lyrics a bit.
Are you Saying that Van Halen had Great Lyrics??

Jesus + Guitars = Life