++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-05-2003, 04:31 AM   #1
Siana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Iraq

i'm so afraid that there will be a war against Iraq,and what the news agencies say is that only UK,Spain and Bulgaria support US for the attack... OMG...the last thing my country needs is to participa in a war!But I think the only reason to take part in this madness is because of the Iraq's debt to BG-over $1,5 billion...
what do you think?do you agree there have to be a war or not!?I'm against all military actions....though i know Saddam is responsible for so much troubles...
Old 02-05-2003, 10:05 AM   #2
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Siana, I agree w/you, it's the same thing everyone's been saying over at the "George Bush is a dangerous man" (or whatever) thread. The last thing we need in this day and age is a war, what with all the chemical weapons and such that can wipe out a whole country. Bush doesn't know what war is, he's never been in one. He doesn't know how debilitating to a country a war can be.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
US allies in the disarmament of Iraq

UK
spain
italy
chech republic
poland
portugal
Australia
Mexico
Turkey
Isreal
India
Pakistan

crap, there are more, smaller ones, that i cannot remember.

the only major ones that we need are Canada, Germany and France.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #4
Lechium
USER INFO »
Wars are nessesery. Love 'em or hate 'em but we need them. Look into history -- they happen all the time. And history always repetes itself. So if not Iraq than someone esle... you cant expect US to have huge army and not to use it. For better or for worse some war will happen soon, cuz there's no other way really. Peace is a word for break in between wars, not for lifestyle... read any history book really...
Old 02-05-2003, 05:26 PM   #5
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Australian troops have been sent over to the Gulf, but most Australians don't think that should have happened. Seems like our PM just wants to please Bush by sending them over. No one here wants war either, and we don't want to make ourselves a terrorist target by getting involved.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:36 PM   #6
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Not to be mean or anyfing but I think that bush's old man might have somthin to do with this I mean his Dad started the whole thing back during dessert storm and all in the first place.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-05-2003, 05:38 PM   #7
jango
USER INFO »
[Points to sig]
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 02-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #8
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm not sure how many of you believe in the bible but we are in the end times Stuff like this was predicted back than that is happening now. This world is gonna come down someday
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
speaking on the Bible:

do you remember Babylon ??? That country on Bible which was always creating troubles and wars against everybody else? well... today, Iraq is located where Babylon used to be, years ago.

yep, wars are signs of the times, as hunger, earthquakes, etc.

Brazil´s Foreign Subjects Minister stated that Brazil only would support a war if UN + USA + Iraq run out of every diplomatical means...

to be honest, since our president is on his first month of presidency (is that correct to say?), it was the right decision to make.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:18 PM   #10
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
AFTER our PM sent over Australian troops, he vowed not to commit them to war on Iraq without exploring "all achievable options" for peace first.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:26 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
<b>exploring "all achievable options" for peace first. </b>

I think they all always say that...
Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 PM   #12
Amish Warlord
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Wars are nessesery[necissary].

I beg to differ. War is the epitomy of human retardedness. We bring death to ourselves. We let our egos get in the way. We can't mind our own buisness. War is not necisarry. Ever. If you like war, go fight and die. Personally, i'd prefer peace... where no innocent civilians DIE. that's right. Die. they cease to exist.. everyone they care about, gone, affected, they affect others, who affect others, and it eventually comes down to you. your choice. you like war, right? what if your mother died? you died? how would you like that? did you think of that? did you know that's what war brought? death? destruction? human suffering? all the things we like to think don't exist are embodied in war. Look that way. a bomb is going off. look the other way. a man intentionally spreading disease. what brought this on? you. and your war. If we live at peace with ourselves, no-one will bother us. Everyone hates us because we can't mind our own buisness. Israel can defend themselves, we've sent them 60 years worth of money, armament, etc... and got nothing in return but violent hatred from middle eastern companies.

Now, down to the subject. what is this war REALLY about? Oil. Precious, precious oil *insert image of GW Bush as Gollum from LOTR here* My precious...

Oil is what makes this country run. Which, IMHO, is complete and total BS. this country needs to switch to alternate fuel. now. hydrogen can power everything.. and is almost limitless. Problem: The government and it's supporters(big buisness) make way too much money off of oil, so nothing will ever be done. It's sad, that we're killing the earth, killing people, killing money, just so the 1% can get a little bit richer.

War is bad.. this war is ridiculous. Sadaam, though an asshole, has not done ANYTHING to provoke us. we are provoking this war. it is not up to us to decide who can have what. that's bullshit.. we don't run the world. It's against our constitution.. but then again.. who in our government listens to that anyway...

-J

You said life don’t mean a thing
That there’s no reason left to dream
You were wrong, there was grace
You saw the enemy, I saw your face
People like you and I spinnin’ through space
You were wrong, I still have faith
Old 02-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #13
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
I'm with AW on this one. Only because I dislike Lechium more.

But you're right on one thing. Iraq may be stockpiling 'weapons of mass destruction' but is there any evidence to suggest they are going to be used against the US? I dunno......
Old 02-05-2003, 11:52 PM   #14
Lechium
USER INFO »
2 Amish: First off nice avatar...

Anyhow... I never that said I LIKED wars, all I said is that they are a NESSESETY. I wanted to make career in history for longest time, but it doesnt pay, so I switched to biotech... anyhow... History of our civilization is history of wars. Period. Conflics happen all the time and they are corenerstones of our history.

I do not want this war. I might join army soon, so new war is last thing I need. BUT. Wars always happen and there is no way around it.

P.S. for example, I was alwys into ancient history of Meteterranian region... countries which we value for art -- Greece, Babylon, Rome, Egypt, Finikia, etc, were always at the state of war. Non stop. When pharaoh Ahetaton had stop Egypt from wars for his time of reign, Egypt has slipped into dark times till Ramses II came along, who started second biggest war campaing (after Tutmes IV) in Egyptian history. So go figure.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:39 AM   #15
Amish Warlord
USER INFO »
Yeah.. millions of civillians dying... that's a necesity.

-J

You said life don’t mean a thing
That there’s no reason left to dream
You were wrong, there was grace
You saw the enemy, I saw your face
People like you and I spinnin’ through space
You were wrong, I still have faith