++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 PM   #61
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't think I've been going through this with blinders on, so to speak, just wishing to hear official word (which we all know never came) before accepting the rumors as truth. I know it's "only a band", but Creed and their music have had such an impact on my life; seeing them live on NYE in Philly was one of the most exciting moments in my life. It makes me so depressed to think that a band that has meant so much to so many people might not play together again. I know, we've all heard so many different things; they're just doing solo projects, there's no time frame on this; they may indeed reunite some day, etc. I can't even begin to tell you how sad this makes me, and what makes me even sadder, in a strange kind of way, is seeing how easily most people on this bb and the Pit are taking it and moving on, like it's no big deal, even looking forward to Mark's new band, almost glad that Stapp's not in the picture......maybe I just don't adapt to change very well....I just thought we'd be hearing so much more from Creed in years to come, and the thought of that not happening sickens me. I pray that somehow, whatever happened between the guys, they can put aside their differences and work through them. Mark and Scott started Creed as good friends, making music that changed people's lives. Can they really throw all that away? The friendship? The magical music they created together? Is anyone else having a hard time with this the way I am? Peace.....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-19-2004, 11:47 PM   #62
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
to long didnt read

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-20-2004, 12:11 AM   #63
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) Is anyone else having a hard time with this the way I am? Peace.....

You are DEFENITLY not alone with how you feel, Kim V. I know exactly how you are feeling, and the thought that they might never put out another album, might never tour again and perform together as Creed for their fans, sickens me also. I have said before that I can't imagine my life without Creed, and now that that may be just the case, I can't seem to get my head around it, I really can't, it hasn't sunk in properly because Creed have had such an impact on my life, who I am. And about Creed being "Only a band". I have had family, friends, even enimies say that to me, that they are only a band, but they can't possibly understand. I am an absolutley obssessed Creed fan, and I am proud of it. (I could have a worse obsession). Creed have made me feel more complete about myself, and to know that they might no longer be around, to produce more of their magic, it scares me and I am left feeling empty and hollow. There are days when I think "Holy crap they are no longer a band", I get flashes of reality, and it's just daunting to even think more. This has taken apart of me, it has broke my heart.

But, we DO have their solo projects too look forward too, we have got to see the bright side of this, it did take me ahwile to see it, but now I have, and it's looking better.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-20-2004, 12:12 AM   #64
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) to long didnt read

You don't know how much I laughed when I read that

Old 01-20-2004, 01:35 AM   #65
creedsister
USER INFO »
i know it that happens from time to time dosent haha
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-20-2004, 01:41 AM   #66
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »

and they say Americans are lazy
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-20-2004, 09:20 AM   #67
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) I don't think I've been going through this with blinders on, so to speak, just wishing to hear official word (which we all know never came) before accepting the rumors as truth. I know it's "only a band", but Creed and their music have had such an impact on my life; seeing them live on NYE in Philly was one of the most exciting moments in my life. It makes me so depressed to think that a band that has meant so much to so many people might not play together again. I know, we've all heard so many different things; they're just doing solo projects, there's no time frame on this; they may indeed reunite some day, etc. I can't even begin to tell you how sad this makes me, and what makes me even sadder, in a strange kind of way, is seeing how easily most people on this bb and the Pit are taking it and moving on, like it's no big deal, even looking forward to Mark's new band, almost glad that Stapp's not in the picture......maybe I just don't adapt to change very well....I just thought we'd be hearing so much more from Creed in years to come, and the thought of that not happening sickens me. I pray that somehow, whatever happened between the guys, they can put aside their differences and work through them. Mark and Scott started Creed as good friends, making music that changed people's lives. Can they really throw all that away? The friendship? The magical music they created together? Is anyone else having a hard time with this the way I am? Peace.....

BELIEVE ME, I am upset over this and wish it was not true. But what is getting all bent out of shape and upset going to do? NOTHING!!!! In the last few months of my life I have had MUCH bigger things to get upset and devestated about trust me! I wish Creed was together as much if not more than a lot of you. They were my saving grace for so many years, and "escape" for me. But I refuse to get myself all bent out of shape over it, my psyche can't take anymore sadness!
I just choose to "go with the flow" what other choice do any of us have anyways? Getting upset and racking our brains over what happened is not going to get them back together. I have and ALWAYS will have a deep burning love and desire for STAPP, that will never change. But I like the rest of the band members as well. They would not of been CREED as we knew it without all of them. So I wish them well and hope they are happy, I have learned that simple things like happiness are precious and so important in life. So if they go on to do seperate things then so be it. Yes it is sad, and it lets me down, I wanted so bad to go to see another tour this year. But that is just not going to happen. Creed has given me so much even if they were around for a short time. The great friendships, the incredible music, the "escape" I will always be grateful to them.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-20-2004, 12:32 PM   #68
Sheila63
USER INFO »
All of this makes me sad too. Creed has brought so much to my life in the last 2 years - great friends, music that makes me feel better and comforts me when I'm down, brings me to new heights of happiness when I'm feeling good and helped me to grow and change as a person. Like Kim V. said, seeing them on NYE in 2002 was one of the best nights of my life. I will cherish and remember that night for as long as I live. So, yes, at times, it makes me sad. But, like Jen, I'm doing my best just to go with the flow and I look forward to their solo projects. I think all of them are awesome but it was Stapp that drew me into the band and I will always follow him. With that, I also plan to buy Mark's cd and if any of them tour, I'll be there. And yes, I hope at some point in the future, they get back together again to create the musical magic that is Creed. More than anything I want them to be happy and healthy.

Relearn Love

Last edited by Sheila63 : 01-20-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #69
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I just choose to "go with the flow" what other choice do any of us have anyways? Getting upset and racking our brains over what happened is not going to get them back together.

I know. I now realise that, when I first heard the news, I was devestated, I still am, but not to the extent that I was when I first heard the news. So I mean we can only look forward to what is to come now, the boys can only go forward, and we are all going to be behind them ALL THE WAY!!!

Old 01-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #70
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
AHH just let tremonti dicover is inner singing voice and the new band will be unstoppable!! MUHAHAA!

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:08 PM   #71
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
Maybe If We Play Scotts Album And Tremontis Album At The Same Time, Theyll Link And It Will Be A Ultimate Creed Album!! Muhahahaa

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:04 PM   #72
hayley
USER INFO »
No

Old 01-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #73
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) No

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:37 PM   #74
hayley
USER INFO »
lol it was just the way he said that

Old 01-23-2004, 05:30 PM   #75
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, but your way was really funny as well! It reminded of me and my friends!