++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
saints of the underground check um out

Okay anyone who knows me knows i am a huge hair metal fan, i really wanted Jani lane to join velvet revolver but since hes back in warrant i tottaly wont complain anyways
they are on my myspace www.myspace.com/runawaymisery04 in my top friends if you wanna here snipits of the songs
a review:
Saints of the underground-Love the sin hate ths sinner

First of all i've been waiting for this to come out for a long time. They formed back in 06 in Ratts and Jani's down time.. With a steller lineup of Jani Lane(Warrant) on vocals, Bobby Blotzer (Ratt) on drums Keri Kelli(Alice Kooper, Slash, Ozzy n many others) on guitar n Robbi Crane(Ratt) on drums, they have a solid music background. The music is pure 80's praradise guitars cranked to 10 stadium sounding drumming, and catchy riffs. Jani's vocals still sound as amazing as on your old Cherry Pie albums. It starts off with the rockus Dead Man Shoes and doesnt slow down one bit. A mid album cover of Tom Pettys American Girl would make Tom himself smile . They also cover The Stones 'Moonlight Mile' which gives it a very sweet acoustic vibe. Signs of Life should be a huge single right now, it has a definite Foo Fighters vibe n would fit perfectly in the mainstream rock section. These guys are pros so they know how to write a catchy hook and a good chorus.
The only downside to this album is the cheesy back cover art, and since it was on an indie label, I had some trouble finding it, since Target nor Best Buy had any copies in. But look for it or you can buy the whole cd on itunes for $10.00. It is well worth it. Jani sounds great and it is so good to have him back clean and sober. He is one of my favorite singers, i wish they hadda hired him for Alter Bridge too, or any number of bands. Since Ratt n Warrant are touring this summer n Kelli is back with Alice , they wont be touring which is a shame. But it means i get to see Cinderella n Warrant

final verdict: if you dig hair metal or bands like the foo fighters you'll dig it , if not you probably wont like it much, but check it out on their myspace or itunes, which also gives you a free listen.