++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Not to be rude but....

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Not trying to insult anyone just viewing my opinions. The only reason I hear so much about Stapp is because of his negative publicity. I loved the Alter Bridge album, I'm just stating I haven't heard much about them, nothing about gigs or tours in a long time. As for Scott Stapp really, google him and you get a million (negative) hits. I say Myles is a great singer but Creed was way better and you can't have Creed without all the band members and if Creed decides to get back together (never going to happen) Myles could work with another band, Fuel, who are looking for a new lead singer. As for the American Idol dude, he said his place was with his wife who is sick and he says he doesn't want to tour with Fuel, I dunno I don't know the man I'm relaying what I've heard is all, I'm not the enemy hear I vow on both sides

C'mon woman, you know that you were insulting AB. Your opinion is your opinion, but don't try to wiggle your way out of what you really meant. It's true if you Google Stapp you will get a lot of negative reviews and clippings. On the other hand google AB and you won't get that. Myles is a phenominal singer and it's nice to see that you stated that on here, but did you not state the following elsewhere:

Unfortunately I am not one of the Alter Bridge fans and let me tell you why. I was a huge Creed fan, I had the shirts I had the albums, I was a big Creed fan. Now when the Alter Bridge album debut came out I was eager to hear the music. I was dissapointed to find that even though the band members where there it sounded like a stappless Creed. Myles Kennedy to me has no talent whatsoever he sounds like a cross between Three Doors Down and Keith Urban. Two very good bands when mixed together=Myles Kennedy. I'm sorry to say that he didn't impress me at the least bit. Music is still the band but Kennedy doesn't live up to Scott Stapp's voice, which draws you in and keeps you there. The Great Divide got my vote, I think Scott Stapp did a better job this year than Alter Bridge.

The above is how you truly feel about the AB band. All I'm saying is stick to how you truly feel about things. ODR is truly a great album, most listeners loved it. The only reason as to why you didn't is because Stapp wasn't the lead singer. Get used to it.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
bilal
USER INFO »

Why was stapp so important at all!!!!!!.............its because he always kept the lime light to himself and rest of the memebers where taking the backseat..............the sound of creed brought only one picuture in the forefront...and dat was stapp............. i find it the only reason people miss stapp.....and dont realise that Creed was not just about stapp at all..............it was a BAND for heaven sake man!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #18
stappissohot
USER INFO »

Eh? When the hell did I say that crap? Well whenever I did it must of been a long time ago for me not to remember. Look I like Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy is a great singer I just prefered Creed, and the majority still do prefer Creed, and the reality is if Creed ever DID get back together that would leave Myles out of a job and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net. So I was making a suggestion. Myself and a lot of people here in CA haven't even heard of Alter Bridge, whereas stapp get's arrested in LA and it's in the friggin paper! So look I am not saying I like Stapp over Alter Bridge or visa versa. I think Scott has a good voice and is a good lyric writer. I think though that Stapp and Tremonti together where waaaaay better, Creed was and still is waaaay better. Case in point
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #19
Creed7352
USER INFO »

but you haven't seen or heard the results of myles and mark together yet...mark had pretty much all of ODR written before myles came into the band...wait for the second album before passing judgement. that is all i ask.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #20
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) ...and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net.

This does not mean they are desperate,....they are taking a different route to find a singer who might be great, just undiscovered. Do you think that of all the singers without record contracts, that they would actually have a hard time findin' one?
I've been living a double life
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #21
stappissohot
USER INFO »

I still think it's pathetic! It's like Fuel Idol, btw I saw AI last night, Chris sand Creed, he got my vote, but what I'm saying is only Creed matters really to me, and I think there are now two Creeds, AB and Stapp... I think that it's like the two towers thing, there are cool things in one tower and some in the other but it's really only best when it comes in one package
And where it lies at sea

Old 03-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #22
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Eh? When the hell did I say that crap? Well whenever I did it must of been a long time ago for me not to remember. Look I like Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy is a great singer I just prefered Creed, and the majority still do prefer Creed, and the reality is if Creed ever DID get back together that would leave Myles out of a job and the band Fuel is so friggin desperate they are even holding auditions via the net. So I was making a suggestion. Myself and a lot of people here in CA haven't even heard of Alter Bridge, whereas stapp get's arrested in LA and it's in the friggin paper! So look I am not saying I like Stapp over Alter Bridge or visa versa. I think Scott has a good voice and is a good lyric writer. I think though that Stapp and Tremonti together where waaaaay better, Creed was and still is waaaay better. Case in point

Haha - I thought it was crap too after I read your review on Amazon.com. I just so happen to come across it by accident and remembered your handle name.

Below is the reviewer name and the subject name you gave it. And you are from Cali right? So it's you.

Reviewer: stappissohot "Crack_The_Whip" (Modesto, CA)
Old 03-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #23
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) I still think it's pathetic! It's like Fuel Idol, btw I saw AI last night, Chris sand Creed, he got my vote, but what I'm saying is only Creed matters really to me, and I think there are now two Creeds, AB and Stapp... I think that it's like the two towers thing, there are cool things in one tower and some in the other but it's really only best when it comes in one package

hmmm...alter bridge doesn't really sound like creed though..only on a couple songs cause A) mark songs written for the next creed record and B) they didn't want to completely alienate the creed fans so they had a couple on that were similar.

and it's funny you say what you say about the bands when you have this for a signature "Creed is a band.....Alter Bridge is a band..... Scott Stapp is.....FOREVER" that to me suggests you want stapp, not creed.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #24
stappissohot
USER INFO »

No my sig means something different, bands split up, you can't split up with yourself. And then the lyrics from Scott Stapp are just something that relates to my life, so really. And Amazon? Well I'll check it out but sincerely I do not remember and I don't have the best memory. So I can assure you I am not for sides. I like Alter Bridge AND Scott Stapp equally but I'll always like Creed more... my point... look do not make me some evil person, I'm not and I'm really trying to be sincere with you
And where it lies at sea

Old 03-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #25
bilal
USER INFO »

look at ur avator!!!!!!!!.......u ARE an evil person!!!!!!!....... ( hehehehee)
Old 03-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #26
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) and it's funny you say what you say about the bands when you have this for a signature "Creed is a band.....Alter Bridge is a band..... Scott Stapp is.....FOREVER" that to me suggests you want stapp, not creed.

I had the same impression...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #27
MackaN
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) but you haven't seen or heard the results of myles and mark together yet...mark had pretty much all of ODR written before myles came into the band...wait for the second album before passing judgement. that is all i ask.

Dammit! You get me all excited when you say things like that! Myles is a lyrical genius and Tremo is a great writer too but his strenght's is the music.

Go Alter Bridge!

Last edited by MackaN : 03-31-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #28
stappissohot
USER INFO »

I never said I disliked Alter Bridge, I like them quite a bit. I especially like Mark Tremonti, he's a great guitar player, quite talented and I should know because I play the guitar, so please don't twist my words and my sig
And where it lies at sea

Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #29
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

i dont mind people twisting my words it happens but what do i hate is being interupted before i get my point acrossed im like wait wait just hold it i,ll explain that in a minute,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #30
bilal
USER INFO »

by the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY "STAPPISHOT".................. HOPE U HAD A GREAT ONE..........................
Closed Thread