++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #46
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: European and Australian tours CANCELLED...

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) his road on selfdistruction continues

Sounds like someone's talking out of their ass again....
I've been living a double life
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 AM   #47
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by simply-the-best) I'm so bummed out about this! I was going to fly to Amsterdam from Norway to see him. This really sucks!

But he probably didn't sell a lot of tickets, and I can understand why he isn't coming. I mean, it's a long way to go tour in Europe, and if he wasn't selling any tickets, they probably didn't wanna take the risk. And it's most likely not only Stapp's decision! I mean, I don't think he like woke up and thought: "Hey, I don't wanna go to Europe after all, I'll just cancel the whole tour!" I know this sucks, it does for me too, cause I've been waiting for this like forever! But you can't just blame Stapp for everything, and be pissed at him for not coming! It's not that easy! It's the music buisness, and you just have to deal with it, and be patient! Hopefully he'll come back to Europe, and we'll get to see him. And us fans have to be supportive, and stop nagging about everything! He's just human, like the rest of us!

Well said!! Welcome to the board!!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #48
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Sounds like someone's talking out of their ass again....
what is that supposed to mean?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #49
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Sounds like someone's talking out of their ass again....
he really is ignorant, dosen't get it.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #50
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) he really is ignorant, dosen't get it.
i can understand if he didint sell enough, but if it was for other reasons thats different. but damn im so fucking tired of creedfeed everybody is always on sombodys back about somthing, god...
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #51
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) his road on selfdistruction continues

I think you mean his "road to self destruction continues."

There could actually be alot of reasons he had to cancel...you just picked the most obvious one to point out....apparently because that's just the way you are. I do agree it sounds like the record company is trying to make him the fall guy for this....but if Wind-Up isn't willing to shell out any money for their bands to do European tours, and if tickets sales aren't spectacular, and they cancel. Some labels do that....if they don't sell out in a matter of half an hour they cancel.

My guess is that he didn't just wake up one day and decide....to hell with those fans in Europe...I'm not going. He's done interviews where he sounded all psyched up to go to Europe.

Its just easier to believe that he's the one that made the decision and not his record company....because that's what people want to believe.

Last edited by Mrprophetman : 04-16-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #52
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69

Well ,It would be nice if he was more specific on his homepage instead he decided and no further comment.It says he has decided ,nothing about the record company.

gr,
Irene

Last edited by Sentinel69 : 04-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #53
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I think you mean his "road to self destruction continues."
There could actually be alot of reasons he had to cancel...you just picked the most obvious one to point out....apparently because that's just the way you are. I do agree it sounds like the record company is trying to make him the fall guy for this....but if Wind-Up isn't willing to shell out any money for their bands to do European tours, and if tickets sales aren't spectacular, and they cancel. Some labels do that....if they don't sell out in a matter of half an hour they cancel.

My guess is that he didn't just wake up one day and decide....to hell with those fans in Europe...I'm not going. He's done interviews where he sounded all psyched up to go to Europe.

Its just easier to believe that he's the one that made the decision and not his record company....because that's what people want to believe.
no, i think he is on the road of self distruction. perhaps i should have said drive or ride.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #54
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) no, i think he is on the road of self distruction. perhaps i should have said drive or ride.
the know it all that knows nothing.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #55
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) the know it all that knows nothing.

OH.......YEAH!!!!!!

And maybe he should use his internet dictionary...then he would know its........DESTRUCTION.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #56
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) the know it all that knows nothing.

the "know it all" as you call him is not familiar with the expression as he's not from the united states. way to have an open mind, sheep.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #57
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) He extended the US tour????.yeah, he must be really sick to do that.

Give false expectentions to his Europeans fans is just disturbing. The guy doesn't wanna come over here, that's what i think.
My guess is the record company has more to do with this than Stapp. I'm guessing ticket sales weren't up to their expectations and rather than lose money, they pulled the plug on it. The same thing happened to Jerry Cantrell on the Degradation Trip tour. He was supposed to tour into 2003 because the double disc was about to come out, but Roadrunner pulled the plug on that right before Thanksgiving 2002. I was really hoping to hear some of the songs from the double disc live.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #58
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) OH.......YEAH!!!!!!

And maybe he should use his internet dictionary...then he would know its........DESTRUCTION.
yup

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 04-16-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Enough with the insults, people, or this one's going to get closed, too. Can't you guys debate without hurling nasty comments toward each other? That is frowned upon here.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #60
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) My guess is the record company has more to do with this than Stapp. I'm guessing ticket sales weren't up to their expectations and rather than lose money, they pulled the plug on it.

Exactly. I'm surprised at how many people are making the assumption that this is all Stapp's doing. I truly believe that WU is more at fault for this than Stapp is. And it's entirely possible that the guy is going through something right now and unable to go on tour in Europe. It's a huge undertaking for any band, and probably even bigger for someone who has been through as much as Stapp(in recent months). But I guess it is easier for some people to play the blame game and blame Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Can't you guys debate without hurling nasty comments toward each other? That is frowned upon here.

I completely agree. Calling names and making nasty comments only makes you look bad, imo. So let's just try to be peaceful and respectful when discussing this thing. It makes it easier and better for everyone.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!