++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 06-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My Download Festival General Review Included AB

THURSDAY 9TH JUNE
Me and my friend Mila left last Thursday the 9 of June to get the coach at Victoria Coach Station destination Donnington Park. We were very excited after 3 months of waiting for this event. Around 14:30 p.m our coach left and we arrived around 17:00 p.m. The bus park was full of coaches from different UK places, it was a massive excitement in all of us cause we were gonna see our favourites bands and specially for me and Mila it was gonna be our very first festival/camping experience. Once we had our wristbands camping we decided to go to the yellow campsite (close to the main stage entrance). It took us around an hour to put our tents and take with us just the neccesary stuff to have a look around. We were laying in the grass watching a movie at the massive cinema eating something. We exchanged our festival passes for another different wristband and we decided to go to rest for the next day.
FRIDAY 10TH JUNE
We woke up really early, around 7 a.m. We had a quick shower at the comun showers and had our respectives coffees. Once we were ready we queued at the massive main stage entrance. The doors opened a bit later than midday....and we made our way to the Snikers Stage cause we wanted to see Fozzy. The Snikers Stage had a massive audience, the most of the people wanted to see the Irish band Flogging Molly. I actually did enjoy this band, i didnt hear of them before and people obviously loved them. After them and getting a bit closer to the barrier (3rd raw) people started to scream Y2J (Chris Jericho's WWE name), thing that i didnt take very good cause he's not the whole band. The madness started and after their 30 minutes performance we couldnt get out the pit, it was insane the pushing and the rudness. My jeans were full of sweat and my shirt looked like a second skin. We decided we had enough of the Snikers Stage and we went to have something to eat and lie down in the grass watching the Main Stage huge screens. I dont have good things to say about the bands we saw later like: JJ72, The Others and Biffy Clyro. I wasnt into their music at all and we were more concentrated into our lunch.
When Megadeth get into the stage we were already standing up cause the audience was concentrated there, obviously to see one of the best bands ever. What can i say???. Megadeth were awesome and after a 50 minutes play set David Mustaine was so moved for the passion of the audience that he put his hand in his eyes and said: "i'm very sorry cause i dont talk too much. I just play, thats the thing i do the best but tonite i will pray for all of you". These words thrilled me in an emotional way. I have to say that they are awesome and i will never forget to see them live.
After them we moved back to the Snikers Stage to see Billy Idol. It was too early to see him and we caught almost all the performance of "My Chemical Romance" (i didnt like them) and The Used (Rock for kids, mah not for me).
The hour that Billy Idol played with his awesome band was memorable as well. He sang old songs and a couple of new tracks. The crowd was into Billy Fucking Idol 100%; young people, middle age people and not so young were singing and dancing. Old rock & roll in a precious voice was the best end for and exhausted day full of emotions.
We walked slowly to our campiste talking and making plans for the enxt day...it was ALTER BRIDGE DAY!!!!.
SATURDAY 11TH JUNE
We did the same that the day before.....shower, coffee and eyeliner ready
Queued from 8 cause the doors opened earlier, 10 a.m.
Once they opened Mila and me made something that we never though we could do. All you guys have to imaging us running from the main entrance to the Main Stage; and the way was a long way. We get there with no breathing at all, i still dunno how we did it.
The show started with Trivium, a completly given audience to this band. Surfing crowd, pushing and no air to breath. We had 4 more bands to go....it was closer...but not there yet.
Next band was the worst band ever...called The Dwarves. Their guitar player was completly naked on stage...yeah guys...no clothes at all just a mask covering his face.
The Japanese band Mad Capsule Markets had loads of fans in the pit. Very unique tunes.
The British band A didnt impress me much. Nothing special at all.
Madness again with the Usa band Bowling for Soup......a lot of interaction between the band and the audience....people loved them but not us that were looking around the stage in case we could see AB around.
The BIG moment was there.......we saw Brian walking on the left side of the stage and Michael made his presence on stage. Me and Mila screamed his name and he made the rock on sign to us. The sound crew took a while till they set up everything. And the presenter was there saying AB!!!!!
OMG when the guys steped the stage we were already screaming and Brian and Myles were the first to noticed we were there. They were awesome and they started with Metalingus. Myles was happy, you could tell in his face. Brian was living the moment and Mark very concentrated and a bit nervous i think. They played WYW, FTR,TEIH,ODR. Mark said just before the chorus at OYE that we had to help Myles with it...so i think everyone there was singing, it was very emotional. After that cause they had a bit of more time they played a song that i found out after it was a Ledd Zeppelin song. I cant describe how awesome the guys were; i'm sure they won hundred of new fans, at least 2 guys next to us told us they were great.
We left the main stage and we went for the signing....not a lot of people waiting. Michael and Flip were saying hi to us from the inside of the tent while we were waiting for our turn to go inside. The guys were as nice as usual and got to sign my Download stuff and my friend shirt. Myles said to Mila they were gonna back to Europe in November. We left very happy cause there among 45.000 people we were in first raw watching our fav band and its something we will never forget.
After that we had something to eat....we watched Velvet Revolver relaxing. I have to say that VR sucked mostly cause Scott W. was completly on drugs. The way he sang, talked, moved...everything said he was on drugs. I dunno how this band get so many good reviews cause i dont see anything special that our guys dont have....AB is way much much better than VR.
We ended the nite with Black Sabbath.....unforgetable Ozzy saying all the time: "I cant fucking hear you!!!" to the audience, or :"Come on, jump". Poor Ozzy i know he's a leyend but he needs a break. He even can't move, he just runned a couple of times from middle stage to his rite side on stage. And he took off his shirt, lol. He seemed to loving it and we had good and cold time.
SUNDAY 12TH JUNE
Same hour than the day before on the queue...PAPA ROACH VIVA LA CUCARACHA!!!!!.
I have to say that i'm pretty proud of ourselves...firsr raw again!!!!!!!!!
Much relax day than Saturday started with a kid band called DV8....people didnt help to these 3 kids from Usa...even the kids were pretty good.
After that a band that really impressed me Society 1....their singer was elevated from his 4 piercings on his back to the air. Great music and a great guitar player and drummer too.
Mudvayne next. Nothing impressive....nothing more, nothing less.
PAPA ROACH......I cant forget when Mr. Jacoby Shaddix looked at us when they starting with Dead Cell. What an energy!!!and we were so into it.....and they loved it.
Mr. Tobin Esperance must be a bit pissed off cause of the sound and Jerry had a pro with his amps and guitar. But the crowd showed they loved the Roach. Rock On!!!.
We went for Papa Roach signing. Around 300 people waiting and more than half had to be left outside with out sign, we included. But Jacoby said it wasnt over and him and Jerry left the Kerrang tent for signing all the fans they could.
Next...Slipknot. I have to say that they were incredible awesome. Two new fans.

So thats my review...i try to make a resume of it...cause loads of more things more happened. I hope y'all enjoy it.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
GREAT review, Gabi. I'm so glad you and Mila had such a great time. That is awesome that you got to talk to the guys again and that they kicked ass! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Thanks very much Kerri
Some pics of the Festival:
MilaCookingAtThecampsite
Me
Mila
Tremonti
ABAtTheSigning
Megadeth
FloggingMolly
Slipknot
SkyAtSlipknotGig
Old 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
Anna1011
USER INFO »
flogging molly ruled!!!! hell hey wer awsome, and i have to say even though you didnt like velvet revolver i love them they helped make my weekend as great as it wasand scott W is meant to be clean and no longer doing drugs.
ozzy made laugh running all over the stage and telling us he loved us lol

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 06-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Happy you liked VR, great for you. But obviously Scott performed under the effects of drugs. I can say when someone is on drugs, my ex was a drugaddict for years. I have been through that experience. I dont believe Scott is clean a 100% and he just showed up on Saturday. I'm not the only one who noticed. But coming back to the music theres nothing extraordinary on my point of view about VR.
For me bands like AB, Papa Roach, Megadeth, Slipknot, Society 1 and Trivum were superior to VR.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
Anna1011
USER INFO »
everyone has different tastes in music i dont like megadeth slipknot or society 1 lol but ah well

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 06-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I respect everyones taste, included yours. I actually cant just take VR as one of the best bands ever cause they are not. Obviously they have nice songs but i sw them in january at london brixton academy and theres not unity between them at all. I dont think they will be together for much longer after their second album release. And what i am saying is coming from someone is in the music business.
Its a shame you dont like Megadeth, obviously is not from your generation. VR is just a catchy mega band for making money with kids of your age. Oneone next to us with our age or older at VR performance were into them at all..and i'm talking about loads of people.
I'm just gavin' my opinion, not try to get you down or ofend you at all Anna.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #8
Anna1011
USER INFO »
i know your just giving your opinion but they aint just for kids my age my sister is 34 an she loves them, im not into just music thats out now i love all the old stuff megadeth just aint my kinda thing

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

find me here
Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) everyone has different tastes in music i dont like megadeth slipknot or society 1 lol but ah well
ah well i will make ya DA SIS LOVES MEGDEATH AND SLIPKNOT i dont like society 1 Orgy~~Blue Monday
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #10
GregS
USER INFO »
Nice review!
I love Dave Mustaine and his Revenge team Megadeth \m/
Seen ab on friday , they kiked ass but would of loved 2 see them again. Also wanna catch megadeth later this year. Fingers crossed
Oh and glad u had a good time
Old 06-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Nice pics, Gabi. I love that one of Brian
Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Thanks Gabs ...I just Stole The Megdeath One Awsome Stage A Going On There Your So Cool , i will look at the rest later
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I respect everyones taste, included yours. I actually cant just take VR as one of the best bands ever cause they are not. Obviously they have nice songs but i sw them in january at london brixton academy and theres not unity between them at all. I dont think they will be together for much longer after their second album release. And what i am saying is coming from someone is in the music business.
Its a shame you dont like Megadeth, obviously is not from your generation. VR is just a catchy mega band for making money with kids of your age. Oneone next to us with our age or older at VR performance were into them at all..and i'm talking about loads of people.
I'm just gavin' my opinion, not try to get you down or ofend you at all Anna.

Disagree completly. No unity? I dont understand how one of the best live bands going around can have no unity? They all seem to do their own thing live but it doesnt seem to me they arent united as a band. As for being catchy mega band? There are few bands going around now that play their kind of music. It isnt about the $$$, they are not trying to reclaim past fames, just 5 people doing what they do best and playing in front of big crowds. VR to me was a welcome relief to alot of the shit thats in the music industry right now.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #14
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
And as for Scott being on drugs, from what we are led to believe he is clean. On stage hes just being himself, he may be a bit looney and all but thats just the person he is. After what hes been through I would find it hard to believe his mind is in the right place all the time. We all know hes bit crazy but thats what makes him such a great frontman, hes as unpredictable and fun loving as ever.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #15
Anna1011
USER INFO »
thanx for backing me up there Muad'Dib
i agree scotts just being himself up there on stage, id love to be able to meet him one day he seems like an awsome guy

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

find me here