++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 06-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott

Scott

we all think we know you
we are assuming
even giving you advice
I understand, it's easy to love you
you're beautiful but not empty
beautiful in every way
but the biggest treasure is your soul

your voice, your words awaken emotions
and maybe I'm just the same as others
feeling these strong feelings
and deep affection
for someone that I don't know
but I'm not one of those to steal
a piece of your freedom

even if you are having hard times
despite the joy and the fame
one thing I can say about you
is that I know you'll make it through
you have a radiant light
stronger then I've ever seen
and I'm not even able to describe
what your music means for me

the pain that you express
I feel it so powerfully
it's a pain my soul knows so well
but I don't see
why anyone might think that you're lost
you're more found then anyone I know
your music sets you free
I wish I could share my soul with you
the way you share yours with me

I have heard others make emotions into sounds
music was strong but the message wrong
they only cry how they want to die
they give questions with wrong answers
leading others to roads of selfdestruction
but you!
you tell them to live
you teach them to feel
you teach them to think
you teach them to fight
you give a blind man sight

I hope somehow you realise
that you are one of the best people
that ever walked upon this earth
I hope that you truly know what you're worth
I hope you see that you really are
taking so many "higher"
and turning hate into love
you really are strong enough to take dreams
and make them yours and ours

may you be welcomed "with arms wide open"
everywhere you are
may you be blessed always
may you live
may you recieve as much as you give

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Agree 100 Percent
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
awww...that was sweet...

really liked this blessing:

[b]everywhere you are
may you live
may you receive as much as you give[b]

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 06-09-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Scott is a great inspiration

Old 06-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) and I'm not even able to describe
what your music means for me
Well, actually it's Mark music! Mark wrote all the music and pretty many lyrics as well. The only released song Scott has ever written by himself is Relearn Love.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I hope somehow you realise
that you are one of the best people
that ever walked upon this earth
Well, actually Alter Bridge is not too crazy about him. And they've toured with him for 7 years. Brian even called him "Pathological lair". And he did that awful Chicago show. And he was in some bar fights. You should really read the Kerrang Interveiw with Alter Bridge.

Meet Alter Bridge.
You knew them as Creed-
until the bizarre
behaviour of frontman Scott Stapp
tore them apart. Now
they're back, with a new
singer, a new outlook, and
some of the weirdest stories
you've ever heard
- Kerrang Magazine

Read the interview here. It's worth reading, even if it's not all totally fair. Like the thing with the Anger Management book. That was actually Mark's idea at first. Don't know what happened after that, but they claim Stapp sent it, so I guess that's the truth. Anyway. This interview gives a different side of Creed than what we knew before. And just so you know. I am a Stapp fan, I love his voice, he moves people etc. But he had a hard time growing up and I think that has been following him for a long time now. Maybe his better now, I don't know.

And for the poem... Well, it's more of a fan letter. Gosh, get yourself a boyfriend, this is pretty naive!

//Lith

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 06-09-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU LIT ASS << LITH
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) awww...that was sweet...

really liked this blessing:

[b]everywhere you are
may you live
may you receive as much as you give[b]

yes thats the part i liked
Old 06-09-2005, 01:39 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
this would make a great off topic thread if i do say so so my self
Old 06-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
I personally read the lyrics before I listen to a song, they are what moves me the most and since you're so well informed you should know Scott wrote almost all of them. Lets face it, Scott's passion is what made Creed such a great band.
Without Scott's charisma Creed wouldn't have been so succesful. Alter Bridge is succesful thanks to Creed, they just got many Creed fans handed on a plate because Tremonti and Philips are in there. I'm not surprised Brian is negative about Scott. Obviosly the guy is holding a grudge against Scott because they got in an argument when Brian was insulting Pearl Jam. That was the reason Brian had to leave Creed.
I think it's a dissapointment that Tremonti and Philips left Scott because he was going through a hard period. For example he gained some weight because he was taking pills against inflammation. He kind of isolated himself and they didn't have any understanding for it. I don't think that the man who wrote 'Faceless Man' can be a pathological liar. The chances are bigger that Tremonti and Philiphs are addicted to attention and fame and couldn't wait for Scott to recover. But hey that's their loss. So far Alter Bridge hasn't made one song that's as deep and meaningful like Creed songs. I'm sure Scott will be very succesful on his own anyway.
By the way the poem is meant to be a sort fanletter, not a masterpiece in poetry. I'm not trying to get Scotts love either. I just know all his songs and I love him very much because he had a positive impact on my life and on the lives of many others. By the way when it comes to growing up, Alter Bridge lyrics deal with the same kind of issues as Creed so Tremonti must have had troubles growing up too.

I understand you're in love with Tremonti but you're giving him too much credit. Try to be a little more objective. If Mark had done all the work Scott wouldn't have been in the band in the first place.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
oh sweet heart it was precious
Old 06-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #11
MissSeeker
USER INFO »

Old 06-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #12
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Lith and his opinions...seems everybody has one...
you answered well, miss seeker...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 06-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I personally read the lyrics before I listen to a song, they are what moves me the most and since you're so well informed you should know Scott wrote almost all of them.
Yeah, but then you should have written "I'm not even able to describe what your lyrics means to me". And just so you know Flip said this in The Flint Journal:

"Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Lets face it, Scott's passion is what made Creed such a great band.
No. But it was apart of it. I got into Creed mostly because they had GREAT songs, (which Mark wrote), and because the singer seemed really cool. So both actually.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Alter Bridge is succesful thanks to Creed, they just got many Creed fans handed on a plate because Tremonti and Philips are in there. I'm not surprised Brian is negative about Scott. Obviosly the guy is holding a grudge against Scott because they got in an argument when Brian was insulting Pearl Jam. That was the reason Brian had to leave Creed.
Yeah, sure, that's true, but all Scott's fans will also be Creed fans at first. And the Pearl Jam thing... Not the whole truth! I don't know the whole truth 'cause the band won't tell us but Brian said in an interview last year, (maybe it was that Kerrang interview, can't remember), that the Pearl Jam thing was not the reason he left and that he didn't want to tell the whole story.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I think it's a dissapointment that Tremonti and Philips left Scott because he was going through a hard period. For example he gained some weight because he was taking pills against inflammation. He kind of isolated himself and they didn't have any understanding for it.
Actually Scott said to VH1 that he took fully responsibility for the Creed break-up and that it was all his fault 'cause he couldn't communicate. The clip was up on PassionBreedsFollowers a while ago.

This is from the interview Mark and Flip did with MTV when Creed was over. This part is about the Chicago show:

"My entire family was at that show," Tremonti said, "so I was very irritated. But I forgave Scott for it. I talked to him about it, [but he didn't] offer any kind of explanation. That's probably what bothered me the most. There was no closure on it. It was like, 'Let's keep moving on,' and I was like, 'Well, we've got to address these issues,' but we just never did.".

Read the entire interview here

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I don't think that the man who wrote 'Faceless Man' can be a pathological liar. The chances are bigger that Tremonti and Philiphs are addicted to attention and fame and couldn't wait for Scott to recover. But hey that's their loss.
In the same interview with MTV when Creed was over they said they did go into the studio to make their 4th album Scott's passion for Creed was pretty much gone. But that's not in the text interview I saw that Flip said that in a video clip from the interview MTV had up. Maybe they still have, check it out.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) So far Alter Bridge hasn't made one song that's as deep and meaningful like Creed songs. I'm sure Scott will be very succesful on his own anyway.
Yeah, that's what you think. Nothing has EVER touched me the way In Loving Memory did. That's the only song ever I've cried to. And man. Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, Find The Real, The End Is Here, I might as well just name 'em all. They're in a different style than Creed's yeah, but they're very emontional.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) By the way when it comes to growing up, Alter Bridge lyrics deal with the same kind of issues as Creed so Tremonti must have had troubles growing up too.
Eh... Yeah... So? Everyone has been through tough times, but what's so wrong with that? I just said that Scott's past seems like this huge load of shit that just got to him at the same time.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I understand you're in love with Tremonti but you're giving him too much credit. Try to be a little more objective. If Mark had done all the work Scott wouldn't have been in the band in the first place.
Hahaha!! I'm in love with Mark? Yeah right, you're the one who wrote that poem about Scott like he was God, remember? And I am very objective. I only quote interviews made by Creed, Alter Bridge and Scott himself. And when Mark met Scott Scott knew NOTHING about music, but Mark, for example, tried to teach him to play guitar, although he wasn't very good. Anyway. My point is that Scott learned very much from Mark. Just watch Creed: Behind The Music. It's able to download at www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com

And Ann. I'm not giving my opinions. I'm giving facts, and if you can't handle it, that's your problem.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 06-09-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) "Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here

You know, I think that quote might have been taken out of context. It seems like it really contradicts everything that has been said in the past. It has almost always(with the exception of this interview) been said that Tremonti did the music while Stapp did the lyrics. I highly doubt Tremonti also did the lyrics....those lyrics in Creed just don't look like they could have come from Tremo....ESPECIALLY when you compare them to the Alter Bridge lyrics, which if I'm understanding correctly were mainly written by Tremo. I'm a big fan of Flip, as I am of Tremonti, Marshall, Stapp and Kennedy, but even I question that particular quote(just the lyrics part and perhaps the vocal part, too) and have questioned it since the day I read it in that paper.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #15
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I question it too, but it has been said.