++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
09/28/2004 - Minneapolis, MN - The Quest

Went to this show? Post your review...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-28-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Well that show kicked some ass!

I think I'll make this brief because I know there are other people out there who write better reviews.

Basically Submersed came out at 6:30. They were all right. Many of the songs sounded the same (since I hadn't heard them before) and the singer looked like a punked out Justin Timberlake. Their lead guitarist is quite awesome though. I thoroughly enjoyed his talent. They played about 6 songs.

Then Crossfade came out around 7:20 and rocked the place. They did a great job and played over half their album. They said that Minneapolis/St. Paul was where they sold the most albums so they thanked us for that.

Then, finally, Alter Bridge came out about 8:30. They were really awesome except you could barely hear Myles (if at all). They were really loose and really relaxed - much different than the Creed show I saw in early 2002 (although late 2002 they were pretty loose).

At one point Myles was making some jokes and making a sales pitch for buying their mechandise so Willy (Brian) could get a haircut and Mark could get a wig. Then Mark comes up and says, "and Myles needs a penis!" So the guys were pretty relaxed.

They played every song from the album with the acoustic version of ILM and the Deep Purple cover. I was hoping they would play Save Me, but I guess they didn't feel like doing that tonight.

I thought about waiting out by their bus with a bunch of other people, but I couldn't really hear anything (the obvious post-concert deafness) and I still had a 30 minute drive with work waiting for me at home (and this review to write).

I got to stand about 8 people (rows) back from the stage. I was able to see their faces during the concert! Overall it was a great experience, but I wished they would have turned the guitars down just a tad so we could hear Myles.

Good show though.

Last edited by rabidgopher04 : 09-29-2004 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, sometimes the vocals are diminished when you are that close, but it's usually worth it, hehehe. Thanks for the cool review!