++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed 5

I was hoping it would come out at the end of this year but alas.

Maybe 2012.

What would you like to see in this album?

One thing I would like to see is a minimum of 14 songs max 17. I will explain my reasons later
Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Creed 5

Yeah, pretty much both tremonti and stapp have said it'll be out in 2012. Or they'll atleast meet up in the beginning of 2012. I hope they spend more time on this album. FC was rushed. I would also like them to return to a more Creed sound. Where as FC sounded to much like AB.

I think we'd be lucky to get 14 songs, we'll get 12 at most i bet. Creeds track record is usually around 11 to 12 each CD.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I agree. I'd like to see a human clay style album. FC was alter bridge with stapp vocals/ solo stuff. I'm guessing an album mid 2012 and a summer tour. I believe there was another song they were working on while touring last yr?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

I think it was maybe called "More than this" or it was another song. I don't know. Stapp doesn't respond to my PMs on youtube.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

I got your back Nagpo, just sent him a tweet. Hopefully he's like Myles and actually responds back to the fans.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

A lot of times celebs or people of interest have other people tweeting for them. The only reason I tried youtube was because he claimed that he was actually running it. Theres been no activity for months now. Hopefully it really is him tweeting and he really responds. Thanks, TGD.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I think it was maybe called "More than this" or it was another song. I don't know. Stapp doesn't respond to my PMs on youtube.
yes sir ur right indeed, there was a thread in the creed section of the forum, as i recall a few months or so back, i requested for the lyrics to be posted, thats how i recall, btw
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Apparently Scott said the Creed Acoustic album will be out this Christmas and Creed 5 will be out in 2012
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I'd be surprised if another Creed album came out. Are they still with Wind-Up? Didn't FC fulfill the WU contract?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by King Oropher) Apparently Scott said the Creed Acoustic album will be out this Christmas and Creed 5 will be out in 2012
This really all depends on when AB and solo stapp stop touring and get together.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #11
Agent D
USER INFO »

Is a self-release out of the question?

Also, I still can't believe that there are people who expect Creed to sound like they did in 2001. How can musicians ignore everything they've learned over a decade? Do you want Tremonti to go back to using the same three chords in every song again or to not utilize his soloing skills? It's really ridiculous.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Is a self-release out of the question?

Also, I still can't believe that there are people who expect Creed to sound like they did in 2001. How can musicians ignore everything they've learned over a decade? Do you want Tremonti to go back to using the same three chords in every song again or to not utilize his soloing skills? It's really ridiculous.
Do Stapp and Mark own the rights to the Creed name? I don't think they do. I think Wind-up owns the creed rights. I'm not sure.

And to respond to the latter part of your post, I think people were dissatisfied in part with full circle because it sounded more like an alter bridge album than a creed album. That doesn't mean people want creed to revert back to what it sounded like and not evolve, but they want it to sound like creed, not alter bridge.

I've heard some interviews and the creation process was pretty much Tremonti and the band would spend the day in the studio and make some tracks and stapp would come in, take the ones he liked home and write lyrics for them. That's not a collaboration. I would like mark and stapp to sit down with each other and write the songs together like they used to.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Do Stapp and Mark own the rights to the Creed name? I don't think they do. I think Wind-up owns the creed rights. I'm not sure.

And to respond to the latter part of your post, I think people were dissatisfied in part with full circle because it sounded more like an alter bridge album than a creed album. That doesn't mean people want creed to revert back to what it sounded like and not evolve, but they want it to sound like creed, not alter bridge.

I've heard some interviews and the creation process was pretty much Tremonti and the band would spend the day in the studio and make some tracks and stapp would come in, take the ones he liked home and write lyrics for them. That's not a collaboration. I would like mark and stapp to sit down with each other and write the songs together like they used to.

I've never heard of a record label owning the rights to a band's name. It must expire at some point though if that is indeed the case.

But what people don't get is that the reason it sounds like Alter Bridge is because that's where the guys are now, musically speaking. The Tremonti sound has evolved into this. What else can they do to make it sound like "classic" Creed than to take two steps back and use all drop-d power chords? I just think fans who are still stuck in the last decade will never like new material done by Creed because it's impossible for it to sound the same.

I also don't know what difference to the melodies or riffs would make if Stapp hadn't been coming and going. He never had that much impact on the music, did he? Didn't he always just sell himself as the lyricist?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
nagpo
USER INFO »

Well, if it's just going to sound like alter bridge, then what's the point of keeping Creed around then. Might as well just keep AB going nonstop if it's all going to sound the same.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Well, if it's just going to sound like alter bridge, then what's the point of keeping Creed around then. Might as well just keep AB going nonstop if it's all going to sound the same.

lol I said that two years ago...