++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
musicmovesus
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
On my mind...

I recently saw on the Twitter accounts of Mark, Brian,Scott and Myles that Alter Bridge's "Isolation" release was #1 and the last I looked it was in the #5 slot on Billboard records. I have "on demand" and under music they had Alter Bridge with Isolation. I took a listen and watched the video..it is a song that gets your attention. There is no denying that Myles Kennedy has a great voice abeit very different from Scott's. To be honest, I have not really listened to Alter Bridge's music. I have been a Creed fan since the late 90's and and a big fan of Scott Stapps. I must admit it was hard to watch the rest of the Creed band looking to have a good time in this video and seem to have a very easy relationship between the 4 of them. They goof off a lot and laugh. I have watched some You Tube footage of them and read some articles and they seem to be a nice fit. They just seem to be more at ease and actually having a better time on stage than when with Creed...this was hard to watch. I feel like I am cheating I recently read the article that Scott Stapp did where the guy doing the interview asked about what he thinks of Alterbridge. His response was hesitant and it seemed to be really guarded. He stated that he did not really know their music but if it involves the guys he plays with onstage then it has to be good. He wishes them the best. It seemed so sad. I imagine it must be hard to see "your band" on the road with another guy and the band actually making a mark for itself and becoming successful. I know Scott made his mistakes and he has made amends and they seem to have worked it out. I just can't help but wonder that when/if they get back together for the next Creed album (talked about in 2012) and hopefully tour...does Alterbridge become like the "white elephant" in the room that they don't talk about. How uncomfortable. I know that I have never heard an interview or read an interview where Scott Stapp has uttered the name "Alter Bridge". I do remember someone quoting him in an interview saying it was "like watching your women cheat on you in front of your eyes) I feel for him and the rest of the guys. At first I even was not happy about the success of ABIII. I kept thinking what if they get super successful and they cannot do both bands. I had also noticed that Scott Stapp does not Twitter at all about his Band Mate's or Alter Bridge's success. Hopefully it will be a win/win for everyone. I am excited to hear Scott's Solo album.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »
Re: On my mind...

I have sensed some of that over the years since AB came about. In a nutshell, I've always thought that Mark, Flip, and Brian have been open to moving forward and having fun and finding success in new ways (Alter Bridge, and more recently the Creed reunion) and that Stapp has been clinging to Creed with every fiber of his musical being. I don't feel sorry for him though.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by FreedomFighter) and that Stapp has been clinging to Creed with every fiber of his musical being. I don't feel sorry for him though.
That explains his former and upcoming solo albums, right?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Sure he's got his solo thing going, but all the while he's also been recording new versions of Creed songs as well as playing them side by side with his own material. He was also teasing the Creed reunion long before anything was announced officially.

I'm sure he's investing a lot in his solo effort, but it seems clear that he puts nearly as much work into making sure that Creed is always at least in the back of everyones minds.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by FreedomFighter) but all the while he's also been recording new versions of Creed songs
This is the first time i've heard of that. And what's wrong with him wanting to get Creed back together? He obviously didn't need to, he's already wealthy and his first solo album went platinum, better than ODR did. Maybe he just missed playing with his old friends and making music with them? And playing Creed songs at his shows are justified, since he writes most of them.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

No, there's nothing wrong with their getting back together, and yes he's justified performing his old songs.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
King Oropher
USER INFO »

I was hoping that Mark would visit Scott while Myles was touring Slash and maybe go over a plan or work on a few songs. I was really hoping they would have an album out in 2011 but it looks like 2012. I am fine with that, I just hope they put a bit more time into it. I'd like to see at least 15 songs on the next album and not the usual 11-12.
I hope Scott saves some of his best songs for the next Creed album and not for his solo album. He should use it to experiment more.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
Agent D
USER INFO »

No sympathy for Scott after all that happened. And the others are entitled to success too. I don't think Scott begrudes Alter Bridge success anyway. Success for them is good pub for Creed. I also vaguely recall an interview where Scott said he dugged their stuff.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) No sympathy for Scott after all that happened. And the others are entitled to success too. I don't think Scott begrudes Alter Bridge success anyway. Success for them is good pub for Creed. I also vaguely recall an interview where Scott said he dugged their stuff.
mine Army So Strong PRAISE JESUS, BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH, i,ve gots a list i tell ya, and it keeps getting longer daily of the fine folks in this world, after revicing you no longer have a will to dish or hate any of the mornings
Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I really wonder if there will be another Creed album. Seems like lip service at best. Didn't Full Circle fulfill their contract with Wind-Up? With AB in full swing, I can't see another Creed album coming. I could be wrong, though.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I really wonder if there will be another Creed album. Seems like lip service at best. Didn't Full Circle fulfill their contract with Wind-Up? With AB in full swing, I can't see another Creed album coming. I could be wrong, though.
Contracts can be renewed, and you can bet Wind-up wants another creed album+tour. Also, as long as the band wants to make another album, and they say they do, I don't see why they wouldn't.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #12
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

According to the guys they're planning another summer tour for 2012 along with new music + an acoustic album.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
King Oropher
USER INFO »

I hope they leave Screw Up for a label that will actually promote them and put more thought into singles.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
nagpo
USER INFO »

If they do that, they'd have to buy the rights to all of their stuff. Would probably cost a fortune.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #15
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) If they do that, they'd have to buy the rights to all of their stuff. Would probably cost a fortune.
Why would they have to do that?