++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
musicmovesus
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is it just me?

I have read many, many interviews of the members of Creed during the break up in 04 and when the reunion happened in 09. I know that Scott made some huge changes in his life and many amends. I remember Mark saying he was "surprised as hell" when he came into the room to talk to Scott and the way he had changed. He was upbeat and positive about music and life. I was so excited when Creed got back together. To be honest I was not even aware of alterbidge so much until I started reading about Creed's Reunion. I know that Mark, Brian and Scott Phillips have no intentions of giving up Alterbidge. I am also aware that Myles is off with Slash, Mark is working a solo project and Scott is working on his 2nd solo album. When Myles is done Alterbridge will go back out and tour. It just seems that Creed is way on the back burner. They talked of touring this year and I recently read an interview with Mark saying they may put out a single this year or an acoustic album but touring would not happen until 2012 but "we have not discussed that". I am a huge Creed fan. I am happy for the success of Alterbidge and the solo projects of Scott and Mark but I have this feeling that Creed may not make it back. I see that Erock is touring with Scott and will be on his uncoming tour but again you never see any conversation on Twitter, interviews or anything of that where Mark, Brian and Scott mention Scott and it seems as though Scott has not mentioned the boys of Creed lately. I take that back..I listened to a 2 part interview recently with Scott and he said that he thought Creed would be doing something later in the year but the guys have something else they want to do. Scott never seems to say "Alterbridge". Also, on Twitter Eroc and Brian Marshall said that Creed is not over..don't worry. Brian said they could both exist and that it is regrettable that the fan base for both bands seem to be at war. Just looking for some other knowledge or thoughts on the subject. I hope I am wrong but it would be so sad if the reunion of Creed was a one time thing.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Is it just me?

Good post. I see where you're coming from. I wish they would focus on Creed more to. I don't think it was a one time thing - the reunion, but I do think they all treat it as secondary. They all want to do their own thing and then come back and then go back out i think.

I don't know if I want to complain, I like AB and stapps solo stuff too much. But at the same time, Creed is not over for the fans. They crave more. Their is something special about Creed and their is no point in delaying or slowing down a come back. Creed is a legacy, build on it. I think Creed should be their main focus, but they don't feel that way.

There was also a rumor that Creed only had a five album deal with with wind-up. We've had MOP, HC, W, GH and FC.

What I would like to see is Creed to come back to form. Full Circle was a good album, but it was very much Alter Bridge sounding. I would like Stapp and tremonti to sit down for a year or so and really work out some creed sounding heart felt music like they used to. With FC, that was done in only a few months, and it shows. Anyways, I don't expect Creed to truly return until next year, which is when they have loose plans to release an album. I hope it's a full album too, not an acoustic album. And acoustic/b-side album would be great to tide us over UNTIL the release of the new album, but not ideal for a real installment.

Shit, i mentioned the b-sides. Don't get me started on all the unreleased material out their.

Also, their is a problem at wind-up - they have little to no money. But they did actually make a profit with the recent Creed tours.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
CreedBG
USER INFO »

Creed must live on and must be the main band to all the members.
I hope the new album sounds like old Creed.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I wonder whether the reunion and FC simply were done to satisfy the band's contractual obligation to Wind-Up. I don't think ticket sales were all that great for the tour. I remember seeing a lot of empty seats in Camden when I saw them, and the lawn, I don't believe, was very full. I hate to say it, but I think AB and Scott's solo stuff are the future. Creed was magical when it was happening, but after the breakup, a lot people moved on. I don't think it's possible to re-create that lightning in a bottle. Too much has happened.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

^I read the opposite. I read Creeds tour was one of the few actual profitable tours of that summer. But if were counting in personal experiences, here at Raleigh, the place was full.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Agent D
USER INFO »

And let's be honest, Creed's live performances following the reunion were attrocious.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I wouldn't say atrocious, but Scott's vocals were nowhere near what they had been.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

It seems to me that the Creed is for "paying the bills" and Ab/solo stuff is about making music. I think they will tour again, but it's probably going to stay on the backburner. I wish they were all in with Creed, but this isn't 99. I think Stapp and E Rock were having a good time with Creed. I can't say stapp has his classic voice back, but he was sounding great on the 2010. His voice was shot on the 09 tour.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Raleigh probably isn't representative of the tour attendence. I went to Atl and was wondering where everyone was after going to Raleigh. I'm guessing the weekend shows are always stronger.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Alter Bridge* The whole 'Creed reunion just for money' thing is still ridiculous and old. I'm hoping for a new Creed EP next year followed by a summer tour... but who knows. According to Eric though, Creed is alive & well.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Alter Bridge* The whole 'Creed reunion just for money' thing is still ridiculous and old. I'm hoping for a new Creed EP next year followed by a summer tour... but who knows. According to Eric though, Creed is alive & well.

yeah, I agree. I just hope they do another tour and album next yr.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) yeah, I agree. I just hope they do another tour and album next yr.
AMEN AND AMEN, peace be with us all in jesus mighty name, the wind dont know which way it comes or which way it goes, acording to the weighing of the balance, yeah, The God Of Moses The God Of Abraham has Mercy Up On Us, bear one another in love the way he loves us, projects seems to keep swinging to and fro, and i have,nt even read this thread, although i may add this, the music is really flowing and inspiration has proabley been opend for a lot of those that have had writers block and so forth, all i can say is to all parties thats addressing all, Lyrics Bridges Demos Tracks, Throw Nothing Away, keep it even if ya hate it, Love Ya,s my joy that flows from within just keep a working at it,