++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #1411
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

October 13th

"Cruel to be kind."

When Israel lay devastated in the face of a ruthless enemy that would rob all glory and strip bare the very soul of God's people, God issued his promise. While the destruction visited upon them was in response to their rebellion and sin, God's punishment wasn't punitive alone, but redemptive. In their destruction, God promised prosperity, hope, and a future. Just as a doctor must cause pain when he sets a broken bone so it may heal, God's discipline is not capricious but curative and ultimately life-giving.

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

Heaven

Old 10-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #1412
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 14th

"Don't be molded by the world."

Wow, isn't that a tough one to obey? It's a reminder that what we think is one of the places of greatest spiritual warfare. Sloppy thinking is more than sloppy, it's dangerous because we are fed messages constantly that distort God's truth and holy values. But rather than being incensed by the world acting like the world, let's be transformed by renewing our minds and doing what Paul said he did; take every thought, every word, captive for Christ. We often think a tithe is giving ten percent of our money, but an even more vital tithe is giving ten percent of our thought time totally to the things of God!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

Heaven

Old 10-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #1413
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 15th

"Peacemaker."

Christ came to unite all God's children, brothers, and sisters in the faith. He works in the home to call us to a deep love that is consecrated in blood. If we strive for peace within the walls, then we are one step closer to peace between our nations. God will heal all wounds, if we will only welcome Him in. We are lost without a peacemaker; one who knows our hearts and can pave the way to reconciliation.

Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

Psalm 122:7

Heaven

Old 10-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #1414
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
The Living God

AMEN, HEV Within His Path Of Turmoil And Yet Many Reasons PEACE IS WHAT HE FIGHTS FOR, PEACE AND TRUTH AND JOY AND TOTAL FEELING OF BEING WHOLE AND COMPLETE, BLESS THE LORD MY SOUL O LORD MY GOD THO ART VERY GREAT THOU ART CLOTHED WITH SUCH HOUNOUR AND MAJESTY, Whos Eyes Are As Crystal As The Jasper Water Fall Within Thy Walls, WHO COVEREST THYSELF WITH LIGHT WITH A GARMENT WHO STRECHEST OUT THE HEAVENS LIKE A CURTIAN AS TO A HALO OVER US WHO LAYETH THE BEAMS OF HIS CHAMBERS IN THE WATERS WHO MAKES THE CLOUDS HIS CHARRIOT WHO WALKS UPON THE WINGS OF THE WIND, Psalm 104, 2,3,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 10-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #1415
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 16th

"Readiness plan?"

As we wait upon the Lord, we should think about what is expected of us and how well we are doing what we should. We know what is expected of us, and we know what might befall us in our disobedience. We look expectantly to God, and it is right that we should, but we should also look at ourselves to see that we are doing all we know we ought to be.

Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy up on us.

Psalm 123:2

Heaven

Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #1416
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 17th

"Where does true deliverance come from?"

Only from God. Salvation is found in God through deep reverential respect for his holiness and might, through living in covenant relationship with him, and through maintaining our focus on him. Any other roads to salvation and deliverance are false and ultimately prove themselves to be a snare.

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Psalm 25:14-15

Heaven

Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #1417
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 18th

"Humility."

Humility is not effacing oneself. It is not destroying one's sense of self-worth. It is honest recognition of our own worth, our worth as God sees us.

Pride elevated us above others, and often above God himself. But to destroy one's sense of self-worth is also unacceptable, for it denies the value God placed upon us when he created us in his image and when he sent his Son to die for us.

Christ did not die for worms but for people he loves very much, and those people have great worth or value in God's eyes.

To see ourselves as God sees us, that is our goal.

You rescue those who are humble, but you humiliate the proud.

Psalm 18:27

The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts."

Isaiah 57:15

Heaven

Old 10-19-2006, 06:03 AM   #1418
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 19th

"May I know you as much as is possible..."

Rather than seeing this as a way to get our wish list granted, let's see it for what it really is... An invitation to seek a love relationship with God above all other things. In finding him, we will find our priorities properly aligned and our hearts tuned to know what is really valuable and what is not. Then we will see that what we have in him is our heart's greatest desire.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4

Heaven

Old 10-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #1419
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 20th

"The lesson of two prayers."

The Pharisee barely acknowledges God at all. He used his time in the Temple as an opportunity to justify himself. In the guise of thanking God, he cut down others and congratulated himself. There was no humility in him.

The tax collector, on the other hand, was rightfully aware of his sin before the most holy God. He made no claims for himself. He didn't try to justify his action. He only admitted he was a sinner.

Jesus declared that it was the humble tax collector, not the proud Pharisee, whom God was willing to justify. May God give us the courage to admit our true condition before him.

The proud Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: "I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else, especially like that tax collector over there! For I never cheat, I don't sin, I don't commit adultery, I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income."

But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, "O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner."

Luke 18:11-13

Heaven

Old 10-21-2006, 08:47 AM   #1420
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 21st

"Give me spiritual discernment to know your will and spiritual courage to do it today."

Too many of us are paranoid about the word law and find it hard to hear a scripture like this. But we must recognize that the goal of the New Covenant of grace and Spirit is that God's law is written on our hearts, not on tablets of stone. Jeremiah prophesied of such a day. The focus, desiring to do God's will; a passion to love the things our Father loves and despise the things he despises.

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:8

Heaven

Old 10-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #1421
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 22nd

"I want to be a blessing to the broken and discouraged."

I feel so burdened myself, that sometimes I can't even see others' burdens. But Jesus reminds me that if I am to be like him, I will be a burden carrier. This is why he came, why he died, and why his resurrection is so important; to lift from us the burdens of sin, death, and depravity.

Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:2

Heaven

Old 10-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #1422
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen And Amen,

GLORY TO GOD, HEAVEY IS THE BURDEN OF WORD OF GOD, AMEN, But His Yoke IS EASY And His Burden Is LIGHT, HE CARRIED THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD UPON HIS SHOULDERS, Has We Carry Others Burdens But The Word BURNS UPON OUR HEARTS AMEN AND AMEN AND THE MORE IT BURNS THE LIGHTER IT BECOMES, sometimes my friend when we get so troubled with our own burdens wh have not forgotten the others but we are also feeling their burdens as well, GLORY TO GOD OUT OF THE DFEPTHS HAVE I CRIED UNTOTHEE O LORD HEAR MY VOICE LET THINE EARS BE ATTENTIVE TO THE VOICE OF MY SUPPLICATIONS IF THOU SHOULD MARK MY WRONGS OH LORD WHO SHALL STAND BUT THERE IS FORGIVNESS WITH THEE THAT THOU MAYEST BE FEARED I WAIT FOR THE LORD MY SOUL Doth WAIT AND IN HIS WORD DO I HOPE MY SOUL WAITS UPON THE LORD MORE THAN THEY THAT WATCH FOR MORNING I SAY MORE THAN THEY THAT WHATCH FOR MORNING, Psalm 130,1,5
Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #1423
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 23rd

"Words of direction."

Knowing the right word at the right time is a great gift. But even the best of speakers has to admit that the best of his or her words are not nearly as good as those the Spirit gives. Nevertheless, we must not excuse ourselves of insensitive speech, unkindness, or even missed opportunities because we were not paying attention to what was said, were not spiritually in tune with the needs of our companions, or simply did not know Scripture well enough to bless others with gracious speech at the appropriate time.

A man finds joy in giving an apt reply, and how good is a timely word!

Proverbs 15:23

Heaven

Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 AM   #1424
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

October 24th

"Aurelious Augustinius."

Better known as St. Augustine, who was converted in the year 387 and later became Bishop of Hippo in North Africa. One of his memorable sayings was this; "For those who would learn God's ways, humility is the first thing, humility is the second, and humility is the third." That may at first sound like an unwarranted exaggeration, but it is surely an echo of these words in the Old Testament; "[God] has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ( Micah 6:8 )

But his officers tried to reason with him and said, "Sir, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, wouldn't you have done it? So you should certainly obey him when he says simply to go and wash and be cured!" So Naaman went down to the Jordan River and dipped himself seven times, as the man of God had instructed him. And his flesh became as healthy as a young child's, and he was healed!

2 Kings 5:13-15

And all of you, serve each other in humility, for "God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble." So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you.

1 Peter 5:5-6

Heaven

Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #1425
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Words Of Direction

Awsome post david, i would like to take a momeant all thoug im in a hurry this morning Glory To God, And Reply to your post, THE, GREAT COMMANDMENT with so many directions and as the darkness turns into day and we wait upon The Lord Our GOD, and we do wait upon him and AS WE GROW, we are left in the dark sometimes But We Must Depend On God Always In Fears And In Time Of Trouble, FOR JESUS SPOKE THESE WORDS, Has He Did To All The Prophets And Himself Around that time i believe Matt,23 verse 40 ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALLL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS, Verse 37, and 38, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART AND WITH ALL THY SOUL AND MIND THIS IS THE FIRST GREATEST COMANDMENT, he shall sustain life and direct all thy paths