++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2002, 10:49 AM   #1
ekk25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Additional comments about Chicago show

The one part of last night's Chicago show that made the trip almost worthwhile was the opening band, Local h. I would describe them as a rarity, bringing a powerful rock sound to the stage as opposed to the commercialized, pawned one that Creed followed with. Half way through Creed's drunken excuse for a set, I found myself wishing Local h was playing. How this group isn't more of a national act, I don't know. Last night will be the last time I see Creed in concert. I can't afford to waste $50 on that fake product. I would have rather spent the money to see the Bucs embarrass the Bears on national television 2 hours south in Champaign.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:51 PM   #2
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Dude...I kno your Upset...but that doesn't mean you should never go to a Creed show again....they're an awesome band...well...when Stapp isn't drunk.....and Mark is the greatest guitarist I've ever seen....we gotta stick with these guys or they'll never recover!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-30-2002, 02:54 PM   #3
creedfan
USER INFO »
Mark is the best guitarist i've ever seen live.....and ive seen bb king, thorogood, buddy guy live....
Old 12-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
Creed Say I
USER INFO »
I Agree,

when crap happens, the true fans will stand by them and not judge. Lets face it there only human like you and I. I choose not to judge, and still give respect. They have earn't it .
Old 12-30-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
_m/........just love.....just love

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-30-2002, 03:07 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Creed Say I
I Agree,

when crap happens, the true fans will stand by them and not judge. Lets face it there only human like you and I. I choose not to judge, and still give respect. They have earn't it .

Well put, CreedSayI.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:14 PM   #7
Daygo23
USER INFO »
True fans

It's one thing to be a fan and stay by there side, but for the fans that where there in chicago it's a different story. We have a right to be pissed and voice our frustration of Stapp. It was honestly like being stabed in the back, or even worse in the heart. People who werent at the chicago show shouldn't post crap like oh your not true fans...because it hasn't happend to them just wait untill it does. As far as Creed not being able to bounce back without our support..after Chicago i don't think Stapp cares much about out support.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:24 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anybody, and you're right, Daygo23, you have the right to be pissed off, angry, irritated, whatever. I certainly would have been angry and disappointed, too. I got a little taste of Scott's recent behavior at the Penn State show last month, a shortened set, and some weird behavior. Granted, it wasn't nearly as bad as what happened in Chicago, but it still doesn't mean that one bad experience ruins the appreciation for what they have given to their fans over the years. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, people in this world are so quick to turn on each other because of one mistake or bad experience. I have the same right to post whatever *crap* I want about what I think about the fans.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:25 PM   #9
MudBaybee
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to MudBaybee Send a message via Yahoo to MudBaybee
Re: True fans

Quote: Originally posted by Daygo23
after Chicago i don't think Stapp cares much about out support.

I'm sure he does, he just needs a break, hopefully things will get better, for the sake of his band, and himself
Old 12-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #10
creedfan
USER INFO »
The only thing that gets me is, this was my first creed concert. I have all of their work, even the stuff before they were commercial like their live bootlegs from orlando's prison and pittsburg....so this was like a huge event for me.....i feel like i didn't even go see them i just saw like rehersals or something
Old 12-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #11
MudBaybee
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to MudBaybee Send a message via Yahoo to MudBaybee
alot of people feel they were ripped off, from what Ive read. That totally sucks your first live CREED experience was like this.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:45 PM   #12
ekk25
USER INFO »
I really used to like Creed, before they became so commercialized. The next thing you know they are on every music awards show, their music is sold to any advertising organization willing to pay a few extra bucks, and they're ripping Pearl Jam. I know they apologized for the PJ comments, but how could they rip Pearl Jam of all bands... Stapp should thank Eddie Vedder for creating a vocal sound that is easy for him to replicate. I'm sick of bands like Creed and the Who for selling their souls to anyone willing to buy. I guess I'm old fashioned, because I like bands that really play for the love of the music.... and I don't see that in Creed anymore.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:49 PM   #13
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
OK...Creed NEVER ripped PJ...that Brian BY HIMSELF......you can't blame the band for what he did...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-30-2002, 03:50 PM   #14
MudBaybee
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
OK...Creed NEVER ripped PJ...that Brian BY HIMSELF......you can't blame the band for what he did...

..and Scott was cool enough to apologize for brians comments..
Old 12-30-2002, 03:51 PM   #15
ekk25
USER INFO »
My point was just the trend the band has taken.