++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
Daygo23
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Great Philly Success but don't you think Chicago deserves a new show!

Please all creed fans post here and sigh on if you think Creed owes Chicago a new show...Especially because every other show was an awesome success instead of Chicago!
Old 01-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You have a valid point and I can understand your wanting Creed to make up for the lousy show. But can I ask one question? How will they be received? If they do reschedule or do a fan appreciation show, how many of those fans that were at the original show will:
1. show up for the show
2. go into the show thinking "you guys screwed us"
3. give them a lousy reception because of how pissed you all were

I don't know if a rescheduled show is possible, but if it is, would you all really go into it thinking "I still love Creed, I'll give them a second chance without giving them a hard time"? Or will it just be an excuse to go there and tell them how much less respect you have for them. (and I don't mean you in particular)

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
sigspecial
USER INFO »
NEW SHOW!!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY agree that Chicago deserves a make-up show!! I love their music and am personally inspired by their lyrics. I finally had the money available to afford tickets, etc. and was able to take my best friend with me to the show. What a disappointment!!!!

I know so many people have said the same thing, but it was just so embarassing and painful to watch someone you so admire behaving in such a self destructive way.

I really want to see a REAL Creed show. I am hoping they give us another chance. I can guarantee that I will be a fan in the audience providing them with love and support.

It would be a gross injustice if they did not come back and make up for the miserable evening they put us through. I'm keeping my ticket stub in hopes they do the right thing!!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
CreedCrazed
USER INFO »
I agree that Chicago deserves a make-up show as well. I witnessed the spectacle first hand. I'm so glad that Philly had a great show because I wouldn't wish for anyone to see the way Scott Stapp acted in Chicago on Sunday night again. I'd go to the concert because I'm a true fan and support the band, but let me tell you...I'm so depressed and that concert truly ruined my New year. I can't understand how Chicago got ripped off, chewed up and spit out and then only two short days later...Philly gets the concert of a lifetime. Man, that sucks!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 05:51 PM   #5
creedfreak76
USER INFO »
I think they should have a make up show also. I honestly don't see the fans going back and giving them any trouble about the first show. I think it will restore alot of faith that some lost. I was there, and I still love CREED. I think right now everyone just has alot of mixed emotions because we did get a crappy show. Especially now because the Philly show was so good. I am a very loyal fan and this will not stop me from going to other concerts or buying cd's or anything else. I am sure CREED will do the right thing. It isn't in them to let their fans down. I am also new to this board. Not because of the show, but I just got AOL!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #6
ronda
USER INFO »
A new show would be great. I don't think any real Creed fan would give the band any trouble. I have seen them before and the show on the 29th was not typical behavior for the band. A new show would change the mental image Scott left in my mind and restore the way the music has made me feel in the past.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I don't think any real Creed fan would give the band any trouble.
Ronda, this is my point. Most of the posts from the newer people who joined after the Chicago are very filled with hatred for the band, with vows to never spend another dime on them. I would hate to see these so called "real Creed fans" go back to the venue (if there was to be a make up show) and boo and harass them throughout the show. I know you are a true fan, and I am not directing this post towards you or towards anyone else who really loves the band and would love for them to have another shot at Chicago. But it is directed towards the people who dropped Creed like a bad habit and are directing their hatred toward the members of this board.

Old 01-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm so sorry all of you had such an awful, painful experience at the Chicago show. I know the real fans would show up and support the band for a makeup show, but I'm not sure the place would be full of such supportive people. I would wonder about the reception also.

I'm sure Scott Stapp is mortified at his behavior. But he does need to face the music, so to speak. It would be good if he issued some sort of apology and perhaps schedule a show later when they have rested a bit. I think doing it too soon would only make matters worse. While I think he is dealing with some personal issues, some of the blame should be placed on the management of the label for such an aggressive touring schedule in the first place. I'm sure this contributed to other issues he has been trying to cope with. I'm definitely not excusing his method for coping with those issues, but he is human after all.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:49 PM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Here's my fear. If they do a fan appreciation show in Chicago as they did in Las Vegas, and they charge $5, as they did in Las Vegas, how many Creed bashers would be coming out of the woodwork to take advantage of an opportunity to give Creed a ration of crap for $5? I certainly hope they do something for the Chicago fans who were screwed out of a great show. But maybe Dogstar is right, maybe a little time needs to pass so that those fans aren't as angry and can enjoy a show. And so that Creed can rest up after the year they have had.

Old 01-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #10
souldancer
USER INFO »
hmm. I was wondering about this today...if they were going to do a Fan Appreciation show at Chic...I went to the two Vegas shows, and think it worked out fine, even though they didn't guarentee a ticket for those that went to the first show, the crazy die-hard fans managed to get their tickets. The crowd gave them a warm welcome...HOWEVER , I worry about Chicago crowd giving them a rude greeting. Maybe they can offer an Appreciation Show and send that opener group that people liked...just a thought I feel the Chicago fans deserve something, I just think that emotions and hostility would not make a 'fun' night for either...
Old 01-01-2003, 08:00 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is my point exactly, souldancer. In Vegas, Scott had genuine health problems that hindered the performance. So those fans that went to the F.A. show weren't hostile. I fear a lot of hostile ex-Creed fans in Chicago showing up at a F.A. show to give the band a hard time.

Old 01-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is my fear, too, Teri, which is why some time should pass before they even think about an F.A. show, IMO. I just think everyone's too hot right now and that it may take awhile before they want to forgive and forget.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:31 PM   #13
creedfan
USER INFO »
The Chicago show should be re-done by Creed no question. I do agree, however, that people going to this make up show (if they have one) should go in with the attitude that the last concert was a mistake, and I'm sure Creed knows this. I'm a native Chicagoan, born and raised, and I know people in this town can be cruel and give negative receptions towards artists not performing well. But there also alot of people in this city, especially the ones that are Creed fans, that would be postively supportive of the bands return for a fan appreciation gig. I know I would! Even though the last concert here was disappointing, I am still a 100% loyal fan and I still jam them in car daily!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:33 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is so good to hear, Creedfan. I'm jamming to them right now at work---Inside Us All. I hope the Chicago fans follow your lead.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #15
sigspecial
USER INFO »
Just jumping back in....

Just to jump back into this discussion..... As a fan whose first Creed concert experience was the Chicago show....

#1: I was STUNNED....but 1/2 the crowd boo'd the band anyway during the 29th show. I'm proud to say I was part of the other 1/2 who tried to give him some support. I don't think the Chgo fans would boo them if they returned to set things right. As long as the show lived up to the band's reputation. My guess is that the people who boo'd the first show would likely pass on the chance to return.

#2: I DEFINITELY feel that those of us who bought tickets to the first show SHOULD be entitled to see a new show under a different set of circumstances. I DO NOT agree with a type of fan appreciation that is open to all....mostly because I ALREADY PAID FOR MY TICKET and didn't get what I paid for!!!! I don't want to have to stand in line or fight with other people to try to scramble to pick up a reduced price ticket. I really feel that when you reduce the price you allow the "Creed bashers" easy access to come to the show and screw it up. After all, it's only $5 bucks.

#3: Everyone also needs to understand that there probably are a number of people who are somewhat justifyably feeling hostile after what we were forced to witness..... Again, for those of you who were not there, I truly believe that you can not possibly understand how awful it was. Add to that the fact that a number of people brought young children because of the positive message that Creed portrays....also, many people had seen multiple shows and knew what the band was capable of.....AND we all paid about $50 per seat plus $15 parking....food... beverages...babysitters....for a grand total of about $160+ per couple. Why shouldn't they be irritated???

I am such an admirer of Scott Stapp's vocals that I was so looking forward to experiencing the full force of his ability in person. That is probably my greatest disappointment. I would never boo this band. Those who call themselves fans are hopefully a little more enlightened and willing to understand that each of us is only human. Scott deserves our support and I think we are intelligent enough in Chicago to give them a warm reception if they come back to set things right.

Hopeful & waiting in Chicago.......