++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #1261
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 18th (Happy Father's Day!)

"Sing a new song."

Every day we cross paths with someone who needs to hear the good news that the Lord saves. We can never fully plumb the depths of God's character and attributes, but with every day and every experience we can discover new facets about God, new songs to sing to him. To "publish" means to share and that refers not only to writing books and delivering sermons about God but also to sharing what the Lord has done in our own lives so that others might be drawn to him. Each of us can purpose to do that. The most powerful evangelism doesn't take place within the four walls of a church building (I've been preaching this for years! lol). It occurs when we share with others in our neighborhood and workplace the good news of what God has done for us individually and for the whole world in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Ask God to bring people across your path today who need to hear the news that God saves and that he loves them.

Sing a new song to the Lord! Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Sing to the Lord; bless his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.

Psalm 96:1-3

O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise!

Charles Wesley

Heaven

Old 06-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #1262
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 19th

"Too much responsibility?"

I watched Bruce Almighty (Jim Carrey) last night and thought about this...

Perhaps we give God too much credit for being active in our lives. There are some things He wants us to handle on our own. Christ works inside of us to make us Kingdom people, but we have to make choices on our own. We need to take the things Christ teaches and use them in our relationships, our actions, our lives. God is with us to comfort us when we fail and to celebrate with us when we triumph, but He still allows us to make our own choices. It's not always what we want, but our God is the God of freedom of will. He will not make the world work our way just because we think He should.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Psalm 77:9

Bruce: How do you make so many people love you without affecting Free Will?

God: [snorts] Heh, welcome to my world, son. If you come up with an answer to that one, let me know.

Rent this if you get the chance,

Heaven

Old 06-20-2006, 03:25 AM   #1263
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 19th

"Too much responsibility?"

I watched Bruce Almighty (Jim Carrey) last night and thought about this...

Perhaps we give God too much credit for being active in our lives. There are some things He wants us to handle on our own. Christ works inside of us to make us Kingdom people, but we have to make choices on our own. We need to take the things Christ teaches and use them in our relationships, our actions, our lives. God is with us to comfort us when we fail and to celebrate with us when we triumph, but He still allows us to make our own choices. It's not always what we want, but our God is the God of freedom of will. He will not make the world work our way just because we think He should.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Psalm 77:9

Bruce: How do you make so many people love you without affecting Free Will?

God: [snorts] Heh, welcome to my world, son. If you come up with an answer to that one, let me know.

Rent this if you get the chance,

Heaven

i never miss a jim C. Movie
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 AM   #1264
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 18th (Happy Father's Day!)

"Sing a new song."

Every day we cross paths with someone who needs to hear the good news that the Lord saves. We can never fully plumb the depths of God's character and attributes, but with every day and every experience we can discover new facets about God, new songs to sing to him. To "publish" means to share and that refers not only to writing books and delivering sermons about God but also to sharing what the Lord has done in our own lives so that others might be drawn to him. Each of us can purpose to do that. The most powerful evangelism doesn't take place within the four walls of a church building (I've been preaching this for years! lol). It occurs when we share with others in our neighborhood and workplace the good news of what God has done for us individually and for the whole world in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Ask God to bring people across your path today who need to hear the news that God saves and that he loves them.

Sing a new song to the Lord! Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Sing to the Lord; bless his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.

Psalm 96:1-3

O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise!

Charles Wesley

Heaven

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #1265
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 20th

"I Love to Tell the Story."

Kate Hankey, the daughter of a prosperous London banker, grew up in a stylish London suburb. She started a Bible class for girls in her neighborhood, and then, when she was only eighteen, Hankey went to London to teach a Bible class of "factory girls." In her twenties, she started other Bible classes for factory girls.

When she was in her early thirties, Kate Hankey became seriously ill. Doctors said she needed a year of bed rest. She was forbidden to teach her Bible classes for twelve months. During her long, slow recovery, she wrote two lengthy poems. The first, at the beginning of her convalescence, later became the hymn "Tell Me the Old, Old Story." The second, written ten months later, became "I Love to Tell the Story."

After ten months she felt strong enough to leave her bed. She soon returned to her Bible classes in London and continued teaching for many years. When she became too old to teach the factory girls regularly, she started a prison ministry in London—even then she continued to tell the story of Jesus.

But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Acts 1:8

I love to tell the story of unseen things above, Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love; I love to tell the story because I know 'tis true, It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do.

I love to tell the story! Twill be my theme in glory—To tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.

Arabella Catherine Hankey ( 1834-1911 )

Heaven

Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #1266
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Gods Unchangeable Law

That Was GREAT STORY HEV, AND WITH A WONDERFUL MESSAGE, FOR EVER O LORD THY WORD IS SETTLED IN HEAVEN THY FAITHFULNESS IS UNTO ALL GENERRATIONS >>>>> THOU HAST ESTABLISHED THE EARTH AND IT ABIDETH THEY CONTINUE THIS DAY ACORDING TO THY ORDINANCES FOR ALL THY SERVANTS UNLESS THE LAW HAD BEEN MY DELIGHTS I SHOULD THEN HAVE PERISHED IN MINE ALFICTION I WILL NEVER FORGET THY PRECEPTS FOR WITH THEME THOU HAS QUICKEND ME , i,am thine save me for i have sought thy precepts the Wicked Have Waited For Me To Destroy BUT OH JEHOVHA GOD SWEET HOSASANNA HOW WILL CONSIDER THY TESTIMONIES , Psalm 119 89,95
Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 AM   #1267
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 21st

"Close to You."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Wisdom shall keep them from being afraid without cause, and faith shall keep them from being unduly afraid.

The Message

Heaven

Old 06-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #1268
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 22nd

"Trusting God."

The chosen people were afraid. They had to cross a barren wasteland, a desert, with no provisions and not definite sense of where they would end up. The scorching sun frightened them. The dark, cold nights frightened them. They were a people afraid. But the Lord saw their fear, and He sent a cloud to block the scorching sun, and He placed a bright fireball in the sky at night to light their way. The people of God came through the desert safe and sound.

God brings us through the wastelands of our live sin the same way. He will not allow us to be tested beyond our strength and endurance. Trust in God's mercy and love, and He will bring you through any situation.

In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.

Psalm 78:14

The Will of God will never lead me where the Grace of God can't protect me.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 AM   #1269
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 22nd

"Trusting God."

The chosen people were afraid. They had to cross a barren wasteland, a desert, with no provisions and not definite sense of where they would end up. The scorching sun frightened them. The dark, cold nights frightened them. They were a people afraid. But the Lord saw their fear, and He sent a cloud to block the scorching sun, and He placed a bright fireball in the sky at night to light their way. The people of God came through the desert safe and sound.

God brings us through the wastelands of our live sin the same way. He will not allow us to be tested beyond our strength and endurance. Trust in God's mercy and love, and He will bring you through any situation.

In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.

Psalm 78:14

The Will of God will never lead me where the Grace of God can't protect me.

Unknown

Heaven

AMEN
Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #1270
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 21st

"Close to You."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Wisdom shall keep them from being afraid without cause, and faith shall keep them from being unduly afraid.

The Message

Heaven

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY, Know ye not that ye are the temple Of God and that the spirt of God Dwells In You, AND IS STRONGER THAN ANYTHING THAT DEFILES IT, Let NO MAN DECIVE HIMSELF If Any Man Among You Seem To Be Wise IN THIS WORLD Let Him Become A Fool That He May Be Wise FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLISHNESS With GOD For It Is Written HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR Own Craftiness AND AGAIN THE LORD Knoweth The Thoughts Of The Wise, And Again The Lord Knoweth the thoughts Of The Wise That They Are Vain THERFORE LET NO MAN GLORY IN MEN For All THINGS ARE YOURS Whether Paul Or Apollos Or Cephas Or The World Or Life Or Things To Come All Are Yours And Ye Are Christs And Christs IS GODS, 1 COR 3, 16.23
Old 06-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #1271
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 23rd

"Millions."

The British film Millions tells the engaging story of two brothers who find a bag full of money with no apparent owner. The younger boy wants to use it to help the poor, while the older sibling sees it as his ticket to popularity and the good life. What unfolds is a story that vividly contrasts the freedom of a generous spirit with the frustration of a grasping hand.

The words of our Lord may sound so radical that we find it difficult to figure out how to put them into practice. But if we honestly seek His guidance, He will guide our steps and guard our hearts from worry. I suspect that the generous boy in that movie had open hands long before millions fell into them.

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 12:32-34

There is more power in the open hand than in the clenched fist.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 06-24-2006, 06:21 AM   #1272
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 24th

"Conditions."

There always seem to be conditions on everything. Little strings attached. How wonderful it is when we find relationships with no strings attached. Our relationship with God is like that: no conditions, no strings. He loves us even when we are unlovable. We can misbehave, and we can be bad, but God welcomes us back whenever we return to Him. He doesn't ever withhold His favor from those who reach out to Him.

How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!

Psalm 78:40

Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.

Lillian Smith

Heaven

Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #1273
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 25th

"God Bless America."

President Bush and other politicians often end their public appearances by saying, "God bless America." But what does that mean to us as individuals and as a nation?

Blessings have to do with both giving and receiving. It was a vital part of life in Bible times. To bless someone meant many things…to praise them, pray for them, and commit them to God's care. It also meant to dedicate and challenge them to live forever committed to God, to keep hold of spiritual things. It was a call for abundance and prosperity for another. And it was also a way of officially passing on the family inheritance to the oldest son. Wishes for a rich and abundant life were inherent in a blessing, although not always in a material sense. God was recognized as the ultimate source of the blessing. The person blessed would walk with the Lord and receive his benefits.

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.

Psalm 1:1

God bless thee! and put meekness in thy mind, Love, charity, obedience, and true duty.

William Shakespeare

Heaven

Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #1274
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 26th

"Spread the good news!"

The Samaritan woman was so amazed by Jesus and his revelations about who he was and about the secrets of her heart and life that she forgot her water jar—the very reason she'd come to the well—and rushed back to the village to tell others about the "man" she had met. Up and down the streets she shared the good news about Jesus, for she had seen the Lord, the Messiah! Having received the living water, a perpetual spring within her that gave her eternal life, she wanted others to know him too. So the people began streaming from the village to see him, eager to meet this incredible man who told people the secrets of their hearts.

Sharing with others what Jesus has done in us and for us stirs up interest in those who don't know him. His revelation in our lives draws to him people who desire to have him work in their lives as he does in ours. With whom could you share the good news today? Ask the Lord to make you sensitive to his working in the lives of others, and be ready to share the hope that's within you.

The woman left her water jar beside the well and went back to the village and told everyone, "Come and meet a man who told me everything I ever did! Can this be the Messiah?" So the people came streaming from the village to see him.

John 4:28-30

How many people have you made homesick for God?

Oswald Chambers

Heaven

Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #1275
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 27th

"We are Christ's ambassadors"

...and therefore his messengers. Too often we think that the message we preach reflects our faith. However, on a much deeper level it is the message of our everyday words and actions that are influential. We are the letter from God that people read. We become unreliable messengers when we speak crudely, gossip about a neighbor, or act dishonestly.

Our words and actions reflect God, who lives inside us, to people who never open a Bible or enter a church. Never forget that you are an ambassador for Christ and a messenger of hope. Ask his Spirit to empower you to deliver the Good News with your life and words.

An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble, but a reliable messenger brings healing.

Proverbs 13:17

A credible message needs a credible messenger because charisma without character is catastrophe.

Peter Kuzmic

Heaven