++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #106
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) what about MOP lyrics?
The Grandaddy of,em All my opion of course
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #107
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) what about MOP lyrics?

No. I can't stand MOP lyrics.

*mocks and derides such nonsense as "One" and "My Own Prison"*

Unforgiven was listenable, I suppose...
Old 11-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #108
Robin101
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SnowBlower-HALL) "Its funny that you would say this. I've got this friend who has this habit of going around to his sister's house at least twice a week, to do the exact same thing.

He goes over to i-mesh,taps his favorite artist in to seach...(britney spears, westlife, s club 7)..."You know the good stuff" - and then spends hours,upon hours playing his favorite tunes back!

"Oh....the fun he has!

Very funny, Ice, very funny

First of all - DON'T LET ME GET STARTED ON SISTER'S. I could go on forever.

You seem to know an awful lot about my 'daily schedule' - I think I have a stalker on my hands.

As for downloading Britney Spears. Well...I...um...THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!! A lot of men aged 18-34 search the web for that kind of material.......wait a minute [delete, delete, delete]

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 11-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #109
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) WOW!!!!! Am I dreaming? AM I really reading that? ...maybe its the language barrier cuz it CANT be true! ...hey titan...did you read that too????

LOL

Yes, I read it and nearly had a heart attack. Anyway, to address some of Uncertain's post:

Yes, I did say I like "Broken". And you know what? I stick by my comment. I never said the lyrics were unbelievable. They're decent. But I like the fact that, for a change, a piano and choir is used. I know, I'm not one to typically like that.....but it perfectly fit this song. Being someone who has gone through a lot in my life, the song is somewhat of an anthem, in a sense, for me. So that's probably why I like it. Never did I say it was a special song. I just said that, when I listen to it, it gives me chills. I think it is a beautiful song.

As for the vocals, aside from Reach Out, I thought Stapp sounded good. Granted, he does not sound as good today as he did during the MOP/HC days, but he still is better than some of the "vocalists" on rock/pop radio. The question that is on my mind is how much of this is studio editing, and how much is really his current vocal state. I cannot wait until he starts touring so that we can see how good his range truly is today.

As for lyrics....we already know that you have a clear distain for Stapp's lyrics, Uncertain. You don't need to say how much he sucks lyrically for the millionth time. Anyway, the lyrics on this album ARE much more simpler than on, say, MOP or HC. But you know what? I don't mind the lyrics being simple, because I can relate to a lot of what he is saying. I guess it all comes down to perspective.

And don't run down "Broken" by 12 Stones. Lyrically, that song might not be amazing, but...that song is still a wicked song!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:08 PM   #110
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) No. I can't stand MOP lyrics.

*mocks and derides such nonsense as "One" and "My Own Prison"*

Unforgiven was listenable, I suppose...

Yeah.I agree with you (unbelievable! ) Unforgiven is my favorite

anyway...of course My Own Prison is nonsense ...considering the 'story' behind Stapp inspiration ...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-05-2005, 08:14 PM   #111
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) As for downloading Britney Spears. Well...I...um...THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!
I respectfully disagree!!! That's a crime to music! Well, not downloading, I love sharing files, but Britney Spears... There's your crime!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) A lot of men aged 18-34 search the web for that kind of material.......
Oh no, they don't!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #112
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
Yes, I did say I like "Broken". And you know what? I stick by my comment. I never said the lyrics were unbelievable. They're decent. But I like the fact that, for a change, a piano and choir is used. I know, I'm not one to typically like that.....but it perfectly fit this song. Being someone who has gone through a lot in my life, the song is somewhat of an anthem, in a sense, for me. So that's probably why I like it. Never did I say it was a special song. I just said that, when I listen to it, it gives me chills. I think it is a beautiful song.

Yeah I liekd the piano... not the choir... lol

Quote: As for the vocals, aside from Reach Out, I thought Stapp sounded good. Granted, he does not sound as good today as he did during the MOP/HC days, but he still is better than some of the "vocalists" on rock/pop radio. The question that is on my mind is how much of this is studio editing, and how much is really his current vocal state. I cannot wait until he starts touring so that we can see how good his range truly is today.

Meh, I wasn't exactly comparing him to other "rock" artists of the day, such as 3DD or anything like that. Given those criteria sure, his voice is fine. But those aren't my measuring sticks. And yes he did used to sound better. Does he smoke? I seem to think I have heard that somewhere...

Quote: As for lyrics....we already know that you have a clear distain for Stapp's lyrics, Uncertain. You don't need to say how much he sucks lyrically for the millionth time. Anyway, the lyrics on this album ARE much more simpler than on, say, MOP or HC. But you know what? I don't mind the lyrics being simple, because I can relate to a lot of what he is saying. I guess it all comes down to perspective.

Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well. I mean of course he sings also but he is just a mediocre singer, nothing much else to say about that. Although, really, technically, I was surprised by his lyrics cuz there was actually ONE SONG--minus the chorus, or lack thereof--which I liked the lyrics to...

Quote: And don't run down "Broken" by 12 Stones. Lyrically, that song might not be amazing, but...that song is still a wicked song!

Oh I don't mind 12 stones. Was actually just listening to them literally five mintues ago. (Potter's field, track 7. Which song is that anyway?) but I dont' think even YOU would claim they are lyrical geniuses, lol
Old 11-05-2005, 11:16 PM   #113
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah I liekd the piano... not the choir... lol

I was surprised that I liked the choir....considering I hated the choir in Don't Stop Dancing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh, I wasn't exactly comparing him to other "rock" artists of the day, such as 3DD or anything like that. Given those criteria sure, his voice is fine. But those aren't my measuring sticks. And yes he did used to sound better. Does he smoke? I seem to think I have heard that somewhere...

They aren't necessarily my measuring sticks, either, but I think he sounds just fine on this album. Not as good as MOP or HC, but not that bad, either. As far as him being a smoker, I hear he chews tobacco. I also hear he drinks good amount. But I cannot confirm that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well. I mean of course he sings also but he is just a mediocre singer, nothing much else to say about that. Although, really, technically, I was surprised by his lyrics cuz there was actually ONE SONG--minus the chorus, or lack thereof--which I liked the lyrics to...

*sigh* He does do it an awful lot on this album. I admit, I do wish that he were doing lyrics more similar to MOP or HC....but I accept that is no longer the case. So I will accept the simple lyrics and try to find something about the songs to enjoy.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Oh I don't mind 12 stones. Was actually just listening to them literally five mintues ago. (Potter's field, track 7. Which song is that anyway?) but I dont' think even YOU would claim they are lyrical geniuses, lol

No, they aren't. But I do enjoy a lot of their lyrics on the self-titled CD. I think The Way I Feel is an awesome song, lyrically. And, obviously, if I didn't love their music like I do, I wouldn't be the co-Admin/Co-web designer of the fan site in my sig. As for what track number 7 is, it's "Photograph", one of the best songs on Potter's Field. I actually don't like PF as much as I like the debut, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #114
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
call me cheesy, but I liked the choir in Broken. It reminds me of my church groups music.

(Titan, perhaps you didn't like the choir in DSD coz it was a Children Choir singing a lame chorus: wtf is "Children, Don't Stop Dancing, Believe you can fly away" and the lil kid hears this and jump out of the window :wtf That's the one Creed song I hate)

c'mon Stephen... you'll say you didn't like Faceless Man lyrics ??? or What If???
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #115
metalanus
USER INFO »
guys simmer down , you do not have to justify the things you like. I just sang that . but its true we all have our opinions and there is no reason to justify everything you say. are you really giving stapp a fair shake Mr. U ?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #116
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh, I would agree with the not minding simple lyrics thing (i.e. I have no trouble listening to Alter Bridge and they have BEYOND simple lyrics) if it weren't for the fact that... That's all he does! The album is "Scott Stapp: The Great Divide". Hence, you'd think that the ARTIST would actually do the one thing which is his, (writing the lyrics) and do it well.

You know, this is a good point. Stapp is known for writing deep lyrical content - songs that have depth and underlying meanings. His solo album, however, seem to have very basic and simple lyrics, totally opposite of what he's known for. Hrmm....

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #117
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Been giving it a few more listens, and for me the only reason Ill listen to this it seems is cos of Stapps voice. Apart from that nothing of it appeals to me. Ive grown tired of alot of the songs. Still dont understand how his lyrics have progressed to this, alot of repetition and just generally crap in some songs. Seems to be one of those albums Ill put on now and again and then only listen to few songs from it.

Enjoy Surround Me, Hard Way and Justify. Broken . . . dislike this song the most, just incredibly cheesey lyrics that shit me + that choir As I said Stapps voice is the saving grace, its not as good as it used to be but its nice to hear it again, still one of my favourite vocalists

6 out of 10 for me.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 11-06-2005, 01:52 AM   #118
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) You know, this is a good point. Stapp is known for writing deep lyrical content - songs that have depth and underlying meanings. His solo album, however, seem to have very basic and simple lyrics, totally opposite of what he's known for. Hrmm....

Yeah this is what I dont understand. Any of the songs from Weathered bar DSD and Lullably, are so much better lyrically then anything hes put out for now. Ive never seen such a change in style in any artist ever. And for those that say hes found faith, love for life etc, that doesnt change how you write your music. Just what you write about.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 11-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #119
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
after listening to the album a few more times i have to say the only track i don't like is Let Me Go.... I can't even say "i don't know what it is" because it's definitely his singing... the stresesed/unstressed/stresses/unstressed/stressed way he sings.... almost makes me sea sick... i really hate it... every other song i can listen to besides that one...

and i stick by Justify, Surround Me, Fight Song, and Hard Way being the strongest songs, but Sublime and You Will Soar (far from my favorites) are the ones that stick in my head the most... the past 2 or 3 days those 2 have been in my head all the time... they've grown on me without having to listen to them over and over again hahaha, they've somehow done it all by thenselves...

but... i don't see why everyone's so wraped up about Broken... IMO the second worst song on the whole album...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:54 AM   #120
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) call me cheesy, but I liked the choir in Broken. It reminds me of my church groups music.
Yeah, I agree... It may be a little cheesy, but then I'm proud of being cheesy. It matches the song really well.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor