++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #61
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
thank you evil one AND A BIG GOD BLESS YA for your review
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #62
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Wait a minute! I wasn't angry with Stapp or insulted him for that reasons. You just asumed I did. The only thing I said was that I understand Mark, Flip and Brian for "leaving" Stapp when he didn't want to write anymore material for Creed after a long break. And they said in that Karreng interview that there was a genue dislike for Scott for a very long time, and I suppose they just had enough with him. Stapp seemed to have a tough time growing up and I think that has really effected him and his way to be. I really don't think he's an easy person to be around.

You're right, I did assume that you did. My apologies for that. I've just seen a lot of criticism about Stapp's personal life during the Weathered tour, and it just annoys me anymore. So anytime I hear someone say something about that, in a negative way, I take it as being angry with or insulting Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Oh, and you do? And again, I wasn't talking trash about him, I said I understood AB!

Never said I did, Lith, never said I did. I only said that I feel it is wrong for people to criticize a guy they don't know personally. I mean, if you were a celebrity and you did/said some wrong things in the past, would you want people to criticize your personal life? I know I wouldn't. I never said that you were talking trash, but there are a lot of AB fans that I know who DO talk trash about Stapp's personal life. It's the same thing with Stapp fans badmouthing Mark, Flip and Brian's personal life.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but that's not at all true. Brian admitted that he took drugs back in Creed and that he did stupid stuff he shouldn't had done. And that Stapp wasn't really that angle he claimed himself to be.

I don't think that Stapp has ever claimed to be an angel. He has admitted in interviews since the split that he did a lot of wrong things and has said that he is sorry for that. Even though Brian has admitted the drug use, he still has tried to paint himself as somehow better than Stapp. At least that is the impression quite a few have gotten from the interviews.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #63
The Lithium
USER INFO »
My impression is that Brian doesn't really wanna talk about it.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2005, 03:23 AM   #64
lmaiello
USER INFO »
Full Album

Hi. would you be able to post up the whole album again? thankyou.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Look what I found! The Great Divide in full lenght, album quality! Click the link below. Enjoy everybody!

Scott Stapp - The Great Divide
Old 09-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #65
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hah, I don't have the album! When I said I had The Great Divide I meant the song!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #66
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: Never said I did, Lith, never said I did. I only said that I feel it is wrong for people to criticize a guy they don't know personally. I mean, if you were a celebrity and you did/said some wrong things in the past, would you want people to criticize your personal life? I know I wouldn't. I never said that you were talking trash, but there are a lot of AB fans that I know who DO talk trash about Stapp's personal life. It's the same thing with Stapp fans badmouthing Mark, Flip and Brian's personal life.

Not to nitpick but if we are arguing logically, then if I can't insult Stapp because I don't know him, neither can anyone compliment him... after all, they don't know him.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #67
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Not to nitpick but if we are arguing logically, then if I can't insult Stapp because I don't know him, neither can anyone compliment him... after all, they don't know him.
Haha, that's a real good one!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #68
titan9
USER INFO »
Like I've said time and time again, I prefer to, when discussing a musician, talk only about the music, not about whether or not the guy is a jerk. That is why I do not insult Stapp's personal life, but if I hate something about his music, well, I'll say something. I haven't really complimented Stapp about his personal life, have I? The only thing I've said(that is not music related) is that he has given interviews that I believe to be honest, and that I think he has handled the break-up extremely well in the interviews. I don't think anyone should worship Stapp the person, or even compliment him about his personal life, just like I don't think people should be criticizing him about his personal life. I prefer to keep it to the music. Of course, all of this is just my opinion and just my personal preference.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #69
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) he has given interviews that I believe to be honest
Which must mean AB is lying, right?

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think he has handled the break-up extremely well in the interviews.
Well, yeah, he has said some smart things, but pretty many of those smart things are lies! Like he's still friends with AB, etc, etc. Cut the crap, everybody knows you're just pulling flat lies, it's obvious! I guess the worst one was when he said he and Mark had sat over the phone and decided which songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits collection. Mark didn't even wanna release that collection! And if you check out the booklet it says that some guy named Ryan Smith is the the one who fixed the setlist. NOT Stapp or Mark. That made me kinda mad!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 09-28-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #70
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Which must mean AB is lying, right?

No, I believe there is some truth coming from both sides. I never said that AB is lying. I just happen to believe Stapp when he says that he had some bad health problems, and that he should have shared that information with the rest of the band.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, yeah, he has said some smart things, but pretty many of those smart things are lies! Like he's still friends with AB, etc, etc. Cut the crap, everybody knows you're just pulling flat lies, it's obvious! I guess the worst one was when he said he and Mark had sat over the phone and decided which songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits collection. Mark didn't even wanna release that collection! And if you check out the booklet it says that some guy named Ryan Smith is the the one who fixed the setlist. NOT Stapp or Mark. That made me kinda mad!!

Like I said above, I believe there is truth coming from both sides. Of course, none of us know for sure who is telling the truth and who is not. The GH thing was a lie, that much we know for sure. But, I'm wondering if Stapp was told by WU to say that? I mean, I find it hard to believe that he would flat-out lie about that. But maybe he did. Who knows.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #71
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Like I've said time and time again, I prefer to, when discussing a musician, talk only about the music, not about whether or not the guy is a jerk.

For the MOST part... I agree with you. But I do not like supporting celebrities who I don't respect (i.e. Tom Cruise). I don't respect Stapp, hence, I dont' support him.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:44 PM   #72
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
then why are you here? this is for people who support him.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #73
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) then why are you here? this is for people who support him.
he's here coz he supports AB ???
Old 10-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #74
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) then why are you here? this is for people who support him.

Well...I dont know why you are here...this is a Creed message board and also a AB/ Stapp forum, so we have fans of Stapp, but also fans of Alter Bridge...and both fans (like me) and fortunately we have enough freedom to put our opinions here. Democracy...guy...democracy...

But If you wants only Stapp fans go to PBF site...

PS:Its unbelievable how some new members are crazy about starting a 'fight ' between Stapp and AB n here....Unbelievable.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-07-2005, 09:24 PM   #75
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Not actually. It is a message board for the discussion of Creed, Alter Bridge, and/or Scott Stapp. I most certainly need to support none of those, much less all of them.