++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Fair enough. But did the security guard heard what Stapp said to them so they'd jump on him? They wouldn't start it from nowhere...

I don't know. That's really why I'd like to see the video released; perhaps it has audio as well as visual? Besides that, if 311 were REALLY drunk, they probably WOULD start it from no where. Drunk people do stupid stuff all the time and bar fights are not at all uncommon. Tempers flair; fists fly. I haven't heard if they were smashed or not; all I've heard is that Stapp was.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) And as Steve said, 311 may have confused the security guards with police due their outfit.

That's true and that is entirely possible. But my question is, why did 311 post that it was police officers, and then in the RS article say it was security? Why did they change that detail?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Understandable, and I'm basically doing the same thing. At first, I completely believed 311, but as more comes out and as people come forward(at least the security dude, anyway) I start to doubt them more and more. It has nothing to do with my being a fan of Stapp; it all has to do with my not believing every word they say, just as I do the same with every other artist I like(Stapp, Alter Bridge, *insert artist here*). I've heard all this talk of them being positive, them not wanting this bad publicity, and that's fair enough. But it doesn't automatically mean that every single thing they are saying is the absolute truth. In fact, we may never find out the real truth, just as we never really did with the Chicago incident. All we can do is speculate based on what we've heard from certain people. Before I say how wrong Stapp was, I'd like to hear his story, compare it to the other two accounts of that night and then I will decide which one I believe more.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
maybe they later found out the cops were actually security guards???

Quote: That's really why I'd like to see the video released; perhaps it has audio as well as visual?

as al_brocolli said, it'll be probably standing right next to the Chicago DVD on Stapp's bus! :lol:

I don't think both will ever come to public!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Scott Stapp is NOT on myspace.

yeah that...that's not Stapp...LOL...

if that WERE Stapp, I would think that he would have a link on his OFFICIAL page, just like every other artist that has myspace...

Last edited by evyllsummer : 12-02-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) maybe they later found out the cops were actually security guards???

That's possible. Who knows for sure.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) as al_brocolli said, it'll be probably standing right next to the Chicago DVD on Stapp's bus! :lol:

I don't think both will ever come to public!

Haha, perhaps. But one can hope that it will be released, much like the Ashlee Simpson/McDonalds tape was released a few weeks ago.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:18 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yeah that...that's not Stapp...LOL...

if that WERE Stapp, I would think that he would have a link on his OFFICIAL page, just like every other artist that has myspace...
Yeah, I would be shocked if he had a myspace account. He hasn't exactly embraced the online community.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #21
sina2b
USER INFO »
myspace?? Windup will not allow stapp to have any sort of blog or anything at all, the guy doesnt always know what hes saying and what he says can cost them alot. Im surprised they even let him do interviews but those are usually pre-written for him/them.

Last edited by sina2b : 12-02-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #22
Ready to fight
USER INFO »
yeah, I think a lot can be said about the different sources. The AP article is the only one to have found this one guy who is willing to go on record saying 311 started it. He's basing that on a video tape which may or may not start at the beginning.

I think until we hear what Stapp actually has to say, or the complete footage is released, there's no way to tell. I believe 311 since they are genuinely laid back, nice guys. Stapp has a history of this, and it would lead me to wonder why not? 311 would not simply make up a story...if they were at fault, they probably would have done what Stapp is doing - nothing. They would have hoped the thing would blow over. It didn't.

As for the hand/finger thing - that's so nit-picky. I broke 2 fingers once (same kind of break - boxer's fracture) - it looks like you broke your hand. Maybe one little bone in the "hand" part of his hand snapped.

how can you say something as miniscual and easily mistaken as that takes credibility away from anything?

I just don't understand the blind faith in a guy who seems to lead his life (or one of them at least) as a jerk.

sorry for the rant on my first post.

yes, I am a 311 fan brought here by the incident, and no i am not going to be an ass about it.

i like to get all sides of a situation.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
It is a small thing, you are right, but all I am saying is that there does seem to be inconsistencies between 311's side of it and the AP story. I agree, until the footage is released(if it ever is), we won't really know who to believe. Right now, I don't really believe anyone.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #24
Stappishot
USER INFO »
A lot of people have to think, Scott Stapp on TV is the man trying to be nice and trying to get as many NEW fans as well as the present fans back. He is putting on a role sort to speak, and he's doing a good job at convincing people that he is this wonderful none violent man. But we don't know Stapp. We don't hang out with him, we don't live with him we only know Stapp from his music. We all don't know what happen that night, and maybe the truth will never come out, but everyone is not perfect. And maybe he just needs help. Or maybe it's deeper then what we see. Other sites that protray Stapp see him as a man that can do no harm. They see him as "perfect", they feed into him and listen with ears wide open, instead of seeing him as a human being like the rest of us. I'm going to be a Stapp fan for as long as I live, I my not agree with him all the time, he can be an a$$ at times, but he has good music and he's HOT!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #25
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ready to fight) sorry for the rant on my first post.

yes, I am a 311 fan brought here by the incident, and no i am not going to be an ass about it.

i like to get all sides of a situation.
Welcome to the board, RTF. Thanks for your input, and thanks for the manner in which you post it. Much appreciated!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) A lot of people have to think, Scott Stapp on TV is the man trying to be nice and trying to get as many NEW fans as well as the present fans back. He is putting on a role sort to speak, and he's doing a good job at convincing people that he is this wonderful none violent man. But we don't know Stapp. We don't hang out with him, we don't live with him we only know Stapp from his music. We all don't know what happen that night, and maybe the truth will never come out, but everyone is not perfect. And maybe he just needs help. Or maybe it's deeper then what we see. Other sites that protray Stapp see him as a man that can do no harm. They see him as "perfect", they feed into him and listen with ears wide open, instead of seeing him as a human being like the rest of us. I'm going to be a Stapp fan for as long as I live, I my not agree with him all the time, he can be an a$$ at times, but he has good music and he's HOT!

This, coupled with your first post, were the two most confusing posts...

Anyway, you guys are so nitpicky about details. It was a BAR FIGHT. Is anyone here going to deny that this is apparent? Stapp got into a bar fight. It doesn't matter who started it or how many fingers were broken, geez...
Old 12-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #27
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) It's not as if what he does is intentional? I'm sorry, is someone force-feeding him booze? Is someone forcing him to act like an ass? I love the man's music, but I can't sit here and believe that his actions are the direct result of someone else MAKING him do something. Not intentional? Right.

Same here! Hes an adult, what means being resposible of his owns acts. Lets stop trying to deny this and consequently put the blame in media...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 12-03-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) This, coupled with your first post, were the two most confusing posts...

Anyway, you guys are so nitpicky about details. It was a BAR FIGHT. Is anyone here going to deny that this is apparent? Stapp got into a bar fight. It doesn't matter who started it or how many fingers were broken, geez...

Exactly!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 12-03-2005 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:49 AM   #29
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Here's the "official" story: http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #30
titan9
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting that, rabid. One thing I found interesting, though: that photo in the story was apparently taken November 25th, the day after the fight(unless CNN got their dates confused). I guess 311 either didn't attack Stapp's face or didn't do much damage. Or perhaps he had a heavy amount of make-up on that might have covered any bruises. I don't know, but it is interesting if that photo really was taken Nov 25th.