++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8)

Hello my friends we meet again...Damn, it's been awhile - had to think hard to remember my password!!

In my opinion, Scott sounds fantastic considering all the s@@@ he's been through.

Some of the remarks on here have been way OTT. His voice is different - to call it 'shot' is greatly exaggerated.

He's been an intense performer now for nigh on 12 years - do you honestly expect any artist to sound the same after that length of time? Scott has adapted his voice to suit the demands of a prolonged tour and he, along with the rest of the guys, have made it work by adapting some of the songs.

If he attempted the same range he did six to twelve years ago, then Creed would definitely come Full Circle in the sense that Scott's voice would become haggard and his health compromised.

He's not 'growling' or 'shouting' now, he's actually singing and this can only be good for his longevity. Some songs sound better, others don't.

I just don't want to hear Scott straining like he did on Reach Out from The Great Divide. A good song and the vocals were perfect for the lyrics, but it's a hard song to enjoy because it sounds so painful.

I'm a huge Alter Bridge fan, too, but comparing the respective front men is impossible due to their contrasting styles. Myles is as good as anyone technically, but I don't think he's the same league as Scott as a performer.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #47
in reality
USER INFO »

Great post, Robin. I was at Hershey, a phenomenal show imo. Just loved it, and Stapp does, as you put it, use a more singing style and just has a more even sound. They mentioned Kroeger, he had a DUI arrest, so he wasn't always into health and fitness it seems. I like Nickelback alot, so just stating a fact. As been said, Nickelback never broke up, he sings with two brothers in the band, so Chad never went thru that strain either as stapp has. It is sad others just went to bring everybody down with their agenda. But Creed is back, and I'm just glad for that.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #48
Krisoz26
USER INFO »

After reading this topic It seems most people are basing their opinions on Scott's voice from you tube.

While the u tube footage wasn't the best at the gig his voice was fine. I must admit when I went to get food during the support band. I could barely hear the singing just guitar and drums. So the acostics weren't the best after watching the 2nd show on you tube it sounded 200% better so hopefully the acostics are now fixed.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #49
nthor
USER INFO »

found a video of Overcome from this show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYX96klWtA
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #50
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nthor) found a video of Overcome from this show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XYX96klWtA
I'm pretty sure that's from opening night...still a great video.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #51
nthor
USER INFO »

ya thats opening night i could have swore I saw some where on the clip it was from Buffalo. o well new clip anyway