++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #1
Rulesdontapply
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
prayer request

Hey all. well i have a few things i would like to ask u to pray for me about. the first is that i have been driving my moms car for quit awhile now trying to save money for my own and i got a job working at a day care a few days ago and i started today and loved it. i love all those kids and think the job is great but on the way home i was involved in a car accident and now am not able to drive and my grandmother was kind enough to ofer me a ride for a few days but i have to pay off the damage to my parents car and save money to buy my own now. i really dont know how i can do this and need pray for guidance and some financial help. i also start school soon and am not goin to b able to drive to the school i wanted to attend and now have to go to a school that i really would rather not have had to attend for a few reasons. the other request is that i have become very close to a girl i am dating and now that school is starting and i have no car im scared that i wont b able to c her. it also scares me that i care so much. i have cared for ppl in the past but i 'fell for her' in a matter of speaking and dont know if thats right. i know that if i had to not c her it would tare me apart. it scares me that i feel so deeply for her and that i couldnt stop myself from it this time. i cant b around her w/ out feeling like this and dont know if its right for me 2. i would love prayer and advice about this. thank u all and keep me in your prayers
Old 08-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #2
whitebird
USER INFO »
Rulesdontapply, I can really tell that you are hurting, and unsure where life is taking you. You are perhaps in love for the first time, and that is wonderful and scary at the same time. Enjoy the new freedom and challenge of your emotions. It is a time you will never forget, but don't let it consume you.

OK, the car and the money are all just things, frustrating and time costly to replace, but not really important in the long run. What is important is that you keep perspective.

I've done the "Why Me" thing, in regard to difficult times, and guess what? As I look back at those times, I have found that they are what made me the person that I am. Hard times can make you bitter and angry, or stronger and caring. It comes down to choice. Learn, grow and become the person that you like in your own soul, or take those hard times, and reflect them toward those around you.

I know that you would have like to hear some easy answers, but I don't have any for you.

Peace, and I'll say a prayer too.

Last edited by whitebird : 08-07-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Rulesdontapply
USER INFO »
Well whitebird you sound like a wise person so if its ok i have another question for u if thats ok? and the car thing is working itself out so u were right about that. i was angry and it did test me, not that i think i marked well, but it wasnt worth the time i was angry in the long run. so thanks for the advice and hope to hear back,

Sam
Old 08-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #4
whitebird
USER INFO »
Wise? Sometimes I question that about myself. I have my share of slips and falls, due to my own stubbornness, but I have had many life experiences, and if what I have learned can help, I'll do my best. Please feel free to ask your question.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #5
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Sam, I'm sorry you're going through all of this but I couldn't give you any better advice then what whitebird said. I agree with you, she is very wise.

I have done the "why me?" thing myself and like whitebird said, although it's not easy, I learned the most about myself through the hard times. I hope everything gets better for you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Relearn Love
Old 08-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Hi Sam!
I'm sorry to hear that your going through a rough time right now! Whitebird has some very great advice I hope that everything starts to look up for you soon and that the car situation clears up for you as well!
You will be in my prayers!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot