++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 03-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #31
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Where did they get this right to kill people?

So you think we should murder him in cold blood. you are right. no religion there.

I find it quite odd for someone like you to humanize a genocidal, repressive dictator. They have free will... which means, that they have every opportunity to execute this man.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #32
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I find it quite odd for someone like you to humanize a genocidal, repressive dictator. They have free will... which means, that they have every opportunity to execute this man.

No one here is 'humanizing' Saddam . Everyone knows that hes the resposible for brutal crimes against men, women and children Iraq. He was a genocidal. So now he needs to pay for his acts...and the best way is using Justice.
Dying is not a solution to him...because he wont suffer ...

And you say that you are a religious man...so why advocate his death by Humans?...I mean why you dont wait for God to punish him?

Why the use of a violent method to stop his violence? This has no sense...

And seriously Im surprised for seeing you defending this kind of barbarian method Are you trying to be in the same level with him?
Its disappointing because I thought you were better than him...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #33
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I find it quite odd for someone like you to humanize a genocidal, repressive dictator.

what, is he not human? When it is conclusively proved that he is not human, I will admit it was stupid to speak of him as a human.

Quote: They have free will... which means, that they have every opportunity to execute this man.

WHAT?! I have free will too. Does that mean I get to kill YOU?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #34
Chase
USER INFO »

Let me ask you something. Are you against medication and surgeries that are used to slow the process of death? One could argue that you putting your trust into the hands of a medical doctor is preventing God's will from taking place. In addition, one could also make the argument that doctors play God every single day. Does that prevent you from going to the doctor if you're sick? I mean, if a man gets in a freak car accident... and the doctors "save his life" are they standing in opposition to what God had in place for the man?

Last edited by Chase : 03-27-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #35
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

No. We should do what we can to keep people alive; not to kill them.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #36
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) No. We should do what we can to keep people alive; not to kill them.

So, if it's God's will for someone to die... it's our job to make sure their trip to Heaven is obstructed?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 PM   #37
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

to throw in my $0.02 here I really don't care of he is jailed for life or killed because either way he will die at the hands of the U.S. weather or not we have the right to is a whole other story
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #38
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

I cant understand a person advocating an execution in 21 century like if it was a 'normal' thing ...and not like an obvious example of a barbarity...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-27-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #39
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) So, if it's God's will for someone to die... it's our job to make sure their trip to Heaven is obstructed?

God willing someone to die. God doesn't want people dying chase. He wants to save them the last I checked. I dunno, maybe there is not a New New Testament or something.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 AM   #40
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) God willing someone to die. God doesn't want people dying chase. He wants to save them the last I checked. I dunno, maybe there is not a New New Testament or something.

If God wants someone to go to Heaven... that person must first die. Last time I checked, the living aren't in Heaven.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #41
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) If God wants someone to go to Heaven... that person must first die. Last time I checked, the living aren't in Heaven.

Yes God might want someone to come home to Him. And if He does, let Him take care of that too. You are trying to play God. I am not.

You are so amazingly thick headed I cannot believe it. You are advocating the outright murder of a man. I do not care if he is a convicted genocidal killer, you are advocating revenge. Revenge is clearly taught against in the Bible. But then, you clearly don't care about that. Your political views, after all, don't rely on the Bible, or Christ, or God in general. So what other views of yours don't rely on the Christianity? Morals, maybe? Are you even a Christian? I can't rememeber what you said to this.

I suppose, by your view of "justice", we should actually not kill Saddam, we should torture him for the rest of his life. After all, even the rest of his life would not be as long as he tortured people, right? When you want to advocate that, let me know. Otherwise your position is not only reprehensible, but illogical.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #42
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yes God might want someone to come home to Him. And if He does, let Him take care of that too. You are trying to play God. I am not.

You are so amazingly thick headed I cannot believe it. You are advocating the outright murder of a man. I do not care if he is a convicted genocidal killer, you are advocating revenge. Revenge is clearly taught against in the Bible. But then, you clearly don't care about that. Your political views, after all, don't rely on the Bible, or Christ, or God in general. So what other views of yours don't rely on the Christianity? Morals, maybe? Are you even a Christian? I can't rememeber what you said to this.

I suppose, by your view of "justice", we should actually not kill Saddam, we should torture him for the rest of his life. After all, even the rest of his life would not be as long as he tortured people, right? When you want to advocate that, let me know. Otherwise your position is not only reprehensible, but illogical.

I don't live in a theocracy. This isn't the United Christian States of America. People play God everyday. Doctors play God by keeping people alive who would normally die. Scientists who are trying to cure deadly diseases are playing God. How am I playing God? I'm going to tie the rope around Hussein's neck. The Iraqis don't him to live for the crimes that he has committed against them. That's the truth.

How is it illogical? By your logic, once Hussein dies... he'll be burning in Hell for an eternity. I honestly see that as being worse than him sitting in a prison cell for another 15-20 years.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I don't live in a theocracy. This isn't the United Christian States of America.

So?

Quote: People play God everyday.

So now the masses mean something again. Do you jsut do whatever the majority does?

Quote: Doctors play God by keeping people alive who would normally die.

Umm... no? From a Christian perspective, one should attempt to keep people alive, for life is a precious thing indeed.

Quote: I'm going to tie the rope around Hussein's neck.

Okay. I now know a murderer.

Quote: The Iraqis don't him to live for the crimes that he has committed against them. That's the truth.

The apparent typo in his sentence has me confused...

Quote: How is it illogical? By your logic, once Hussein dies... he'll be burning in Hell for an eternity. I honestly see that as being worse than him sitting in a prison cell for another 15-20 years.

You are wishing someone to burn in Hell. And you wonder why I called you sadistic? It doesn't GET any more sadistic than that.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #44
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) So?

So now the masses mean something again. Do you jsut do whatever the majority does?

Umm... no? From a Christian perspective, one should attempt to keep people alive, for life is a precious thing indeed.

Okay. I now know a murderer.

The apparent typo in his sentence has me confused...

You are wishing someone to burn in Hell. And you wonder why I called you sadistic? It doesn't GET any more sadistic than that.

There are a couple of typos. I meant to say that I'm NOT going to be the one to tie the rope around his neck and the Iraqis want him executed. I'm not sadistic and I'm not carrying out the execution. You don't think what Saddam did was sadistic and worthy for him to burn in Hell. Great... it's nice knowing a self-righteous "Christian" who is minimizing such atrocities. Great job. I'm sadistic for condemning Hussein. Way to go... your "logic" never seizes to amaze me.

And another thing. You're telling me that it's good for people to stop the will of God? If it's God's will to have someone die in a car accident, should the doctor keep the person alive... even if the outcome is sever paralysis? Your attitude makes me believe that you wish the U.S. was a Christian theocracy. You make it sound like the law of the land should be Biblical in nature. My point is that people play God everyday... but you're only critical in certain cases. I don't understand that. Then again... I'm "sadistic." Way to go... being extremely judgemental with me. Always carrying out the word of the Lord, eh?

Saddam Hussein is a murderer. He will burn in Hell for what he's done to thousands of INNOCENT people. Key word: INNOCENT. Either way he's going to Hell.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) There are a couple of typos. I meant to say that I'm NOT going to be the one to tie the rope around his neck and the Iraqis want him executed. I'm not sadistic and I'm not carrying out the execution.

The distinction between killing someone and wanting to kill them is negligible. If you had the opportunity would you execute him?

Quote: You don't think what Saddam did was sadistic and worthy for him to burn in Hell.

Of course it was sadistic and if he doesn't repent he will most likely burn in Hell. But I am not God and I will not decide.

Quote: Great... it's nice knowing a self-righteous "Christian" who is minimizing such atrocities.

I am not minimizing the atrocity of murder. You are. I think what he did was terrible. I don't think continung murder will make it less terrible.

Quote: Great job. I'm sadistic for condemning Hussein.

If you believe in Christ you are. He specifically said *NOT* to judge others, so that you yourself may not be judged.

Quote: Way to go... your "logic" never seizes to amaze me.

It is logical, if you take Christianty as a starting point. If you take the secular worldy view (revenge at all costs), you are right, it is not logical.

Quote: And another thing. You're telling me that it's good for people to stop the will of God?

No.

Quote: If it's God's will to have someone die in a car accident,

Oh so you know God's will now? You don't know what His will is, apparently.

Quote: should the doctor keep the person alive... even if the outcome is sever paralysis?

Yes. Again, Christ told us life, not death. You want people to die. I want them to live.

Quote: Your attitude makes me believe that you wish the U.S. was a Christian theocracy.

And yet I am not the super conservative war monger who is trying to force democracy upon the middle east...

Quote: You make it sound like the law of the land should be Biblical in nature.

I am talking about morals. Of course I am going to use the Bible to back up claims of morality.

Quote: My point is that people play God everyday...

Again, this has nothing to do with anything

Quote: but you're only critical in certain cases. I don't understand that.

We should strive to be like Christ. Did Christ heal people, or kill them? He healed them. So while I try to save life, you go on ahead and keep killing them.

Quote: Then again... I'm "sadistic."

You want someone to burn in Hell. I say again, that is indeed sadistic. Only Satan *wants* people to burn in Hell.

Quote: Way to go... being extremely judgemental with me.

If someone were to rape someoe else, you would call them a rapist. Is that judgemental? I think not. If someone were to wish Hell upon someone else, would that be justification for saying it was a sadistic notion? I think so.

Quote: Saddam Hussein is a murderer.

Duh.

Quote: He will burn in Hell for what he's done to thousands of INNOCENT people.

Oh so you are God now? Great job. You jsut told us all what God is planning to do. While you are at it, can you tell us when Jesus will be returning? How about his exact birthdate? How about what really happened at the beginning of the universe?

Oh, you can't answer those questions? Then stop condemning people to Hell.

Quote: Key word: INNOCENT. Either way he's going to Hell.

Not if he were to repent and convert. Will he? I highly doubt it. Does that mean you know beyond a shadow of a doubt? Absolutely not.