++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-25-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
So... the question is... questions are

is Stapp going to have a band? or he'll just hire musicians to play with him?

Perhaps he's joining forces to someone? I know The Doors are looking for a singer to release new stuff and Robby Krieger loved Stapp better than anyone else to cover their songs... do you think there's a chance? right now I don't think so... but that could change...

just wondering! and when will his site be up and running?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
Agent D
USER INFO »
Good questions. Personally, I think it's lame that the Doors still keep the name with a new singer and do new material. They're nothing without Jim Morrison.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 AM   #3
Shadow
USER INFO »
I can't see him being in another band. He'll probably just stay a solo artist until Creed gets back together

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) The Doors are looking for a singer to release new stuff and Robby Krieger loved Stapp better than anyone else to cover their songs... do you think there's a chance?
No way! At least I hope not, jmo. Can't they get over the fact that Jim Morrison is gone and The Doors left with him. Maybe they can ask Val Kilmer.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 AM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Creed is not coming back together... To be quite honest, it was something I believed until a couple days ago when I learned something. Creed is done forever.

I wouldn't like to see Stapp with The Doors either.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Creed is not coming back together... To be quite honest, it was something I believed until a couple days ago when I learned something. Creed is done forever.

I wouldn't like to see Stapp with The Doors either.

What did you learn that makes you think that Creed will not get back together some day?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
just some comments from a friend who met the band.

of course that can change in the future, but Mark, Flip and Brian don't want Creed anymore. They want something different. And so does Stapp, he's focused on his business and not on his career.

Alter Bridge plays music for the sake of it. Stapp plays music to leverage his businesses.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) just some comments from a friend who met the band.

of course that can change in the future, but Mark, Flip and Brian don't want Creed anymore. They want something different. And so does Stapp, he's focused on his business and not on his career.

Alter Bridge plays music for the sake of it. Stapp plays music to leverage his businesses.
I understand thats disappointing to hear but if both sides are happy that's great for both. Did your friend say is it any bad blood between them. Is a friendship possible in the future between Stapp and the others.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Sorry, I don't know.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #9
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Sorry, I don't know.
Thanks for that information
Old 07-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: just some comments from a friend who met the band.

you have to do what makes ya happy...and IF your friend is correct in what he told you (i don't know your "friend", so forgive my slight scheptisism (sp)...then so be it....

the main thing is doing what you enjoy...but i have a feeling that stapp will always be involved with music/the performing arts in one aspect or another...it's in his blood...

and i believe it always will be.

~peace
Old 07-26-2004, 03:08 PM   #11
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) you have to do what makes ya happy...and IF your friend is correct in what he told you (i don't know your "friend", so forgive my slight scheptisism (sp)...then so be it....

the main thing is doing what you enjoy...but i have a feeling that stapp will always be involved with music/the performing arts in one aspect or another...it's in his blood...

and i believe it always will be.

~peace
It's a hard pill to swallow because Creed was so great and rare as a band. But you are correct you have to do what makes you happy and thinking in the case of Stapp with jagger and his messy breakup with his ex that probably lead to personal problems I guess he said it was not worth it plus this way he can be a full time father to Jagger.
I wish Atlerbridge and Stapp the best.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #12
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) just some comments from a friend who met the band.

Marcos, there is always so much more to the story. There will always be information that is personal between them and will never come out in the media. I still think it sucks that they broke up.

Just remember that nothing is impossible and you never know what the future will hold.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Marcos, there is always so much more to the story. There will always be information that is personal between them and will never come out in the media. I still think it sucks that they broke up.

Just remember that nothing is impossible and you never know what the future will hold.

I know Robyn, I just made it short. I never meant I know everything about it, just parts of it, and those parts everybody knows. I agree it sucks. They were my favorite band by far. I think the only one...

I hope you're right but as for the future... I don't see it happening in any near future. Maybe 10 years from now...

Personally, I'm glad they split up instead of pretend everything was fine. They're right to do what they enjoy. As for Stapp, if he manages to drive a successful acting career, singing will be left aside. Not abandoned but not the priority.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this thread. I wanna know about Stapp music and not his future... When is he giving us some news?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #14
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Anyway, that wasn't the point of this thread. I wanna know about Stapp music and not his future... When is he giving us some news?
Marcos, go to passionbreedsfollowers.com It will give you up-to-the minute information on Scott. It's a beautiful new website dedicated to Scott. The ladies who created it did an awesome job. The link is at the bottom of my siggy. But, I'll post any new information here at CreedFeed the minute I get it.

Right now, we are just waiting for a release date for the single. With the album coming out August 31, the single should precede that.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:12 PM   #15
shunammite
USER INFO »
I have no "inside information", just a long aquaintance with Scott's music...and I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

Sure he wants to make a good living and perhaps not have his art under pressure of finances, to have some financial independence...touring was killing him...he wants to live...that's ok...

But his art is pure and he said he'd walk away if it ever became just a job...

Now it may be that some of the tv performances and so on were for business...that's ok...also a way to "spread your seed" as widely as possible...

Some like a small fan base...some like a large one...Scott seemed to like that "army"...until it all became too much anyway...

I'm just so glad he's ALIVE...