++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How do you feel about the following statement?

The insecure mind takes refuge in hierarchies of spirituality, seeking to segment the universe into levels of power and worth (example: His Holyness, titles given the Pope or the Dali Lama or because he is a holy man his worth is more than your's... etc). The Spirit of Love, on the other hand, will have none of the hierarchy game; all is God, all is powerful, all is spiritual, and all is worthy.
~Alan Cohn

i was reading an article by this person and he made this comment...i know what it "said" to me, but was curious about what others may think as well.

below is the link to the whole article:
http://www.mastersinthemaking.com/articles/buddha.shtml

~peace

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 04-24-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Thanks Ann For Your Awsome Post Well Here Is My Opion And Just How Feel About , THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO THE ANGELS CRY HOLY TO, THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD WHO IS HIGHER THAN ANY PRINCE OF EARTH AND KINGS AND QUEENS, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS...Cool There Is No Other GODS.. Your Thread Gives Me Room To Express THE LOVE OF CHRIST We All Know The Good Lord Is Not Respect Of Persons ..AMEN WE CAN , Recall The Greastets Words Of Him And Whats All That In His Kingdom St Matt Ch.18..AT THAT TIME, Came The Discples Unto Jesus Saying WHO IS THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN And Jesus Called A Lit Child unto Him And Set Him In The Midst Of Theme And Said ..I SAY UNTO YOU Except Ye Be Converted And Become As Lit Children The Same Is Greastest In The Kingdom Of Heaven And Whoso Shall Receive One Such Lit Child In My Name Reciveth Me..3.4. And Take Heed Thay Ye Despise Not One Of These Lit Ones For I Say Unto You That In Heaven Their Angels Do Always Behold The Face Of My Father Which Is Heaven For The Son Of Man Came To Save That Which Was Lost How Think Ye If A Man Have A Hundred Sheep And One Of Theme Go Astray Doth He Not Leave The Nintey And Nine And Goeth Into The Mountains And Seeketh That Which Has Gone Astray..And If So Be That He Find It Verliy I Say Unto You He Rejoiceth More Of That Sheep Than The Nintey Nine Which Went Not Astray Even So It Is Not The Will Of Your Father Which Is In Heaven..THAT ONE OF THESE LIT ONES SHALL PERISH. Luke.15.5.7 And When He Hath Found It He Layeth It On His Shoulders Rejoyicing And When He Cometh Home He Calleth Together His Friends And Neighbours Saying Unto Theme, REJOYICE WITH ME FOR I HAVE FOUND MY SHEEP WHICH WAS LOST...I Say Unto You That Like Wise JOY SHALL BE IN HEAVEN Over One Sinner That Repenth More Than Over The Nintey Nine JUST PERSONS WHICH HAVE NO NEED OF REPENTANCE.. And Further More.. John 15.18 27.. If The World Hate You Ye Know That It Hated Me Before It Hated You If Ye Were OF THE WORLD THE WORLD WOULD LOVE ITS OWN But Because Ye Are Not OF THE WORLD Therefore The World Hateth You Remembear The WORD THAT I SAID UNTO YOU THE SERVEANT IS NOT GREATER THAN HIS LORD If They Have Have Persecuted Me They Will Also Do It To You If They Have Kept My Saying They Will Keep Yours Also But All These Things Will They Do Unto You For My Name Sake B/c They Know Not Who Sent Me If I Had Not Come And Spoken Unt Theme They Had Not Had SIN But Now They Have No Cloak For Their Sin He That Hateth Me Hated My Father Also If I Had Done Amoung Theme The Works Of Man Which NONE OTHER MAN DID They Had Not Sin But Now Have They Both Seen And Hated Both Me And My Father But This Cometh To Pass That The Word Might Be Fufilled That Is Written In Their Law They Have Hated Me With Out Cause..But When The Comfoter Is Come Whoam I Will Send Unto Ya From The Father EVEN THE SPIRT OF TRUTH Which Proceedeth From The Father He Shall Testify Of Me And Ye Shall Also Bear Witness B/c Ye Have Been With Me From The Beginning It Very Well May All Look Good And Be So High And Ye May Feel Unworthy Of THE LORD YOUR GOD, But The Truth Shall Set Us Free, AWSOME POST ... Im Glad I Got To Put My Opion In First
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-25-2005, 04:08 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) The insecure mind takes refuge in hierarchies of spirituality, seeking to segment the universe into levels of power and worth (example: His Holyness, titles given the Pope or the Dali Lama or because he is a holy man his worth is more than your's... etc). The Spirit of Love, on the other hand, will have none of the hierarchy game; all is God, all is powerful, all is spiritual, and all is worthy.
~Alan Cohn
yeh this is an interesting one hay. I feel there is truth in Cohn's comment, "the insecure mind takes refuge in hierarchies of spirituality", and I feel we are all worthy of God-given wisdom of the scriptures...I feel that the catholic church way back when had a hand in distributing that truth and corrupted it and held it back immensely, therefore breeding a congregation of insecure-minded followers of God.

But I recall that leaders were needed amidst the people, or more correctly put, people with certain roles of responsibility, and that even occured in the new testament. And Aarons rod budded as God proved that he was the anointed leader, and those who said they should have been equal to him were in big trouble.

Cohn's words, "...all is God, all is powerful, all is spiritual, and all is worthy." seem to reflect his own religious beliefs, but put in my belief system, all are worthy of course, but nobody can withstand the glory of God or most of these things: power, spirituality, worthiness, knowledge and wisdom, without the grace of God and His soveregnty of giving them.

Such hard work, letting go of the flesh to gain them...I dont want or need to be powerful or have dali lama status! I just wanna be a follower, lol. Whats so bad about that man!hehe

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Nothing Is Bad About That Sweetie HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA And Of Course The Bible Tell Us That All Things Shoud Be Revealed, Matt.10.26.27 .Fear Theme Not Not Therefore For There Is Nothing Covered That Shall Not Be Revealed And Hid That Shall Be Known. verse 28 On Down There I Love AND FEAR NOT THEME WHICH KILL THE BODY BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO KILL THE SOUL BUT RATHER FEAR HIM WHICH IS ABLE TO DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I Will Be Alright Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LMAO
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thanks cs and Sincirr for taking time to reply....both of you have given some food for thought with your answers...

i don't believe that Gods Sovreignty (sp) is or was what was being questioned....

What i think that Cohn is refering when he uses the word "heirarchies" is that he's refering to man's inherent ability/need to justify....in doing so, there must be catagories and in those catagories assignments are made to a few select people to be "in charge". By doing so, they are separated apart from the rest of us, and given this "power".

Thing is...are they really more powerful than us...or are they still no different from us...they have been set apart from the whole...and in doing so...we have lost the perspective of loving one another as we do ourselves as these people are no longer on equal footing with the rest of us anymore...in Gods eyes...are we not all loved equally?

a quote i read, forgot who said it...but it went something like this..."neither a leader or a follower be"....

we all will do what is right for us...and i am not telling anyone what to believe, or for that matter how, it's not for me to say...this is just how i saw the origional comment and the quote just kind of made sense to me.

And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 04-25-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:04 AM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by A.A.) I don't believe that Gods Sovreignty (sp) is or was what was being questioned....
Ah ok. I just saw the term, "All is God" as a sign that everyone could do as God can cos they have His ability just as He does.

I guess I dont understand the terminology. What does that mean? Just, everything has a part of him in it or something? I dont understand.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Ah ok. I just saw the term, "All is God" as a sign that everyone could do as God can cos they have His ability just as He does.

I guess I dont understand the terminology. What does that mean? Just, everything has a part of him in it or something? I dont understand.

just the way i took it was that "all is God" meant that because The Creator is in "all" inluding us...then none of us is better than the other, for in Gods eyes we are equal, and is that not how we should see one another?... it is mans way to "elevate" certain chosen people in one way or another to make a statement of either leadership or merit, is it not? Thus in doing so, they are not honoring the God that is in All...

at least that is how i see it...

And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 04-27-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Yes Me Too St Luke.14.8.11 When Thou Art Bidden Of Any Man To A Wedding Sit Not Down In The Highest Room Lest More Honourable Man Than Thou Be Bidden Of Him; And He That Bade Thee Give This Man Place And Thou Begin With Shame To Take The Lowest Room But When Thou Art Bidden Go And Sit Down In The Lowest Room When He That Bade Thee Cometh He May Say Unto Thee PRAISE DA LORD , Friend Go Up Higher Then Shalt thou have worship in the presence Of theme that sit at meat with thee for whosoever exatelth him self shall be abased and he that humble himself shall be exalted ....
Old 04-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) just the way i took it was that "all is God" meant that because The Creator is in "all" inluding us...then none of us is better than the other, for in Gods eyes we are equal, and is that not how we should see one another?... it is mans way to "elevate" certain chosen people in one way or another to make a statement of either leadership or merit, is it not? Thus in doing so, they are not honoring the God that is in All...

at least that is how i see it...
yup thats cool. Its a good quote to think about too.

ROCK HARD!!!