++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
past, present...future?

Hello, Everyone!! Long time reader, first time, uh,... Submitter.

Just thought I'd give my opinion on certain topics regarding Creed, AB, SS.
I was a huge Creed fan and was obviously disappointed when they split. My views on Alter Bridge were mixed at first, but the more I listen to it the more I like it - always a good sign.
But I was looking forward to Stapp's work with more interest. My love for Creed was mainly down to his voice and the lyrics - I think alot of Creed fans can relate to that. I find it amazing that so many people find similarities in Creed/AB lyrics - one piece of advice to these people - don't think about teaching English Literature! As Titan9 stated in regards to Stapp - 'the lyrics fit the man'.
Unlike the majority (it seems) I actually liked Relearn Love. But The Great Divide is even better. His voice sounds great, the melody is uplifting and the lyrics are...O.K. This song, whether you like or not, has obviously made people curious. Isn't that what you want as a fledgling solo artist?

A few questions to finish with. What do you think of AB slagging Stapp off? Why have they decided to go public? Stapp's silence?

Take care.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
Batstone
USER INFO »
hey... yeah i also like stapps work.. and i have also noticed ow AB are the only ones saying anything, stapp has kept quit and not bashed AB once.... i guess its up to u who the one at fault really is.. i love tremonti and alter bridge just as much as stapp, but i must say the first time listened to the great divide, i liek it more than the first time i heard OYE....
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
MetallicAttack
USER INFO »
Robin,
I, like many, was a huge Creed fan, and yes, most of that was due to Stapp's amazing vocal talents and lyrics. Although, in recent times, we realize it wasn't just Stapp with the lyrical talent, as evident in Alter Bridge's music, mostly thanks to Tremonti, the other force behind Creed's success. I'm actually disappointed in how "average" the lyrics for this song are, but the song is great, very catchy and "radio friendly" as they say. It's very sad how Alter Bridge decided to go the Scott bashing route now that he's getting exposure on the radio. I can see Flip's, Mark's, and even Brian's frustration at the situation with Stapp, seeing as the lion's share of Creed's downfall was on Scott's shoulders, what with the addiction, divorce, pain, and everything else going on in his life. Obviously, the way Creed ended wasn't going to be a very "favorable" situation for all parties involved, but they could have left it alone, rather then try to reopen old wounds. Now, onto the future. Alter Bridge(Creed 2.0 lol) is a great band, with many records sold, and Stapp is getting some much needed relief for himself with his new project, I wish everyone Creed and non-Creed related the best in the future. By the way, welcome to the board Robin, not that I'm a grizzled veteran or anything lol, but there are good people here, have fun.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
i really dont know chicky im sure most of Creeds fan will relate to the LEADING MAN!!!! of course that just the way it is to awnser just one of the future questions Da darling Rocking Robin !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-29-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
SnowBlower-HALL
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Hello, Everyone!! Long time reader, first time, uh,... Submitter.

Just thought I'd give my opinion on certain topics regarding Creed, AB, SS.
I was a huge Creed fan and was obviously disappointed when they split. My views on Alter Bridge were mixed at first, but the more I listen to it the more I like it - always a good sign.
But I was looking forward to Stapp's work with more interest. My love for Creed was mainly down to his voice and the lyrics - I think alot of Creed fans can relate to that. I find it amazing that so many people find similarities in Creed/AB lyrics - one piece of advice to these people - don't think about teaching English Literature! As Titan9 stated in regards to Stapp - 'the lyrics fit the man'.
Unlike the majority (it seems) I actually liked Relearn Love. But The Great Divide is even better. His voice sounds great, the melody is uplifting and the lyrics are...O.K. This song, whether you like or not, has obviously made people curious. Isn't that what you want as a fledgling solo artist?

A few questions to finish with. What do you think of AB slagging Stapp off? Why have they decided to go public? Stapp's silence?

Take care.

Snowblower will have your tea ready in an hour.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
:d
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #7
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Well, I think that AB are all tiered of being told that they are "Creed with the new singer" and tiered of Scott saying in interviews that "the door is always open" and "There will be a fourht Creed album", plus Stapp have said that it was his foult that Creed broke up, that he should have talked to the guys more. And the way I see it, the reason Stapp isn't bashing AB is becouse what should he be bashing? Mark, Brian and Phillips were tiered of having to lie about stuff, not saying how things were with them and Stapp having to put on a face "There's a face I've put on all my life, face of an angel, I look in the mirror only to find, face of a stranger". Scott changed some lyrrics just so he could say "Yeah I wrote that" and they had to push stuff to get him to change his mind... If this now is true, but I haven't heard any thing from Stapp that it's not, so I take Marks and the boys word for it
Old 09-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #8
Robin101
USER INFO »
SnowBlower-Hall.......I see you've enlisted the help of Mr. Regal. You can take Regal, turn him sideways and stick him straight-up your....

As for Bevan (uh!), Alford (innit!) we will meet with them again...someday. But the question that begs to be answered is 'Who will you align yourself with?' Make sure you make the right decision Ice, make sure....
Old 10-02-2005, 12:36 PM   #9
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 10-08-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) AB stands for average band because thats what they are........Stapp is the man and his cd will blow their's away and Tremonti will go back because he wants to be in arenas not clubs.
Clubs > arenas any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
*rolls eyes so far back in his head that they almost get stuck*

The ignorance.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:07 AM   #12
ryen
USER INFO »
a sadin day

hey all

u know i would give about iny thing just to say one word to scott stapp. u know in all my life ever since i started lisning to scott when he was with creed. i never could get my dad to lison to iny of my kind of music. tell i got a creed cd. i shold it to him and he said it sounded good and he started lisning to it him self. he even went and got his own creed cd. My dad died 4 monts ago this year, and i cant help but thank of all the times me and him would set out in the car lisening to creed and scott stapp singing cuz i did not have a cd player. scott is my bigest memery of my dad. i would do iny thing just to let him know that
Old 10-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #13
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Clubs > arenas any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In friggin deed.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) hey all

u know i would give about iny thing just to say one word to scott stapp. u know in all my life ever since i started lisning to scott when he was with creed. i never could get my dad to lison to iny of my kind of music. tell i got a creed cd. i shold it to him and he said it sounded good and he started lisning to it him self. he even went and got his own creed cd. My dad died 4 monts ago this year, and i cant help but thank of all the times me and him would set out in the car lisening to creed and scott stapp singing cuz i did not have a cd player. scott is my bigest memery of my dad. i would do iny thing just to let him know that
Wow, don't you love how unifying music can be sometimes? I'm very sorry you lost your Dad, but it's great that you have these awesome memories of cool times spent with him. :hug:
Old 10-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #15
ryen
USER INFO »
thank u that means a lote i just really wish i could let scott know about them good times about my dad and things that he as done for me. it seems so inposable to let him know about. its hard to look back at those times but it sometimes helps
sorry about the spelling i have been up set all day