++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-12-2003, 11:45 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Something I've wondered for a while

In reading Genesis 1, God creates Adam and Eve. You probably all know the story... but how did Adam and Eve live? I have a hard time thinking of them as anything other than humans as we know life, and living in a house, speaking, working, and other human traits. But what about the "evidence" of "cavemen." I have a hard time picturing Adam and Eve as hairy monkey-like people who grunted at each other. What do you guys think?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-13-2003, 01:38 AM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
the cavemen were Adam and Eve´s descendents who couldn´t draw! :P
Old 07-13-2003, 03:59 AM   #3
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
If you believe in the cavemen, then you believe in the evolution of humans, which kind of conflicts with creation, don't you think? Personally, i think scientists make an awful lot of assumptions in efforts to 'prove' the evolution THEORY. Anything to disprove that there is a God...

Do you believe in Creation? If so, i wouldn't worry about the caveman thing. We can only guess what happened billions of years ago, and as long as you have faith that God's word is truth, does it really matter how they lived etc?
Old 07-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I have always thought of Adam and Eve as being human.

Relearn Love
Old 07-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #5
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
Adam and Eve were human. It wasn't BILLIONS of years ago, Abraham was dated only a couple thou back from 1 AD. Correct, their descendants were prolly cave dwellers, and didn't know how to draw!

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 07-13-2003, 11:03 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
If you believe in the cavemen, then you believe in the evolution of humans, which kind of conflicts with creation, don't you think?  Personally, i think scientists make an awful lot of assumptions in efforts to 'prove' the evolution THEORY.  Anything to disprove that  there is a God...

Do you believe in Creation?  If so, i wouldn't worry about the caveman thing.  We can only guess what happened billions of years ago, and as long as you have faith that God's word is truth, does it really matter how they lived etc?

Hmmm. Well put mel!ssa. I've never thought of it in that way at all. Makes sense, though. And just to let you know, I do believe in creation and believe evolution is a pile of horse-s**t, but it is also quite possible that Adam and Eve, and a few generations didn't live in "houses" as we know them, don'tchu think?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #7
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
If you believe in the cavemen, then you believe in the evolution of humans, which kind of conflicts with creation, don't you think?  Personally, i think scientists make an awful lot of assumptions in efforts to 'prove' the evolution THEORY.  Anything to disprove that  there is a God...

Do you believe in Creation?  If so, i wouldn't worry about the caveman thing.  We can only guess what happened billions of years ago, and as long as you have faith that God's word is truth, does it really matter how they lived etc?

Where do you think the caveman fossils that have been found come from? Do you think you can believe in evolution and still be a christian? What type of assumptions did the scientists make?
Old 07-14-2003, 06:11 PM   #8
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I think that Adam and Eve were people just like us I personally think that the whole evolution stuff is
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-15-2003, 04:01 AM   #9
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
Where do you think the caveman fossils that have been found come from?  Do you think you can believe in evolution and still be a christian?  What type of assumptions did the scientists make?

I think the 'cavemen' things are just human remains. Normal human skeletons. Scientists are saying that some non-human things came from apes, and then we, humans, came from that. So if you believe in Creation, which i think IS a large part of being a Christian, then Adam & Eve's descendants should have been like Adam & Eve, right? Not monkey-things like the scientists are saying.

The assumptions scientists make are, this came from this year so this must have happened and that is the only possible way, and this must have resulted in this, blah blah blah... i know, because i have asked my biology teacher many times why 'scientists know' or 'scientists think' or 'scientists are sure of' many things, and he is always unable to give me an answer...

Things like, if a bunch of chemicals are put together and you add some electricity (ASSUMING that's what the atmosphere was like millions of years ago), you end up with amino acids, which surely, without a doubt, quite obviously turned into living organisms.

A fundamental part of being a Christian is belief in God and his Word, and if his Word the Bible says quite umistakably that God created humans, then i personally think that you can't believe in evolution and still call yourself a Christian. I know many think of God as the guider of evolution, but he says quite clearly that he is the Creator.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:17 AM   #10
alive_in_Jesus
USER INFO »
Amen to that sister! God is the Creator! he made man. We gotta have faith in His word! So true!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:52 AM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
It's possible that these cavemen of which you speak are descended from other persons on earth. I once read (I don't remember if it was some crappy pro-evo article, or what) that it's possible that there were other human beings created along w/ Adam and Eve, just living in different regions. So perhaps some of these were more caveman-esque, and were eventually wiped out in the flood. I'm not sure. It's a very interesting point, though, if evolution is crap (which I believe it to be), how did cavemen come to exist? They most certainly did not just change from monkeys. Perplexing. Or maybe they're another of God's creations that became evil-hearted, not saved by Noah, and wiped out (like the many cartoons about Noah refusing to let the unicorns board the ark). Who knows?

Old 08-06-2003, 03:54 PM   #12
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I DO You Just Love me cuz i never shutup The lord gave me revalations on such things heres your anwsner The book of gensis onley talks about of this earth and world the lord thy god told me that their were many worlds here before the earth was created In gen>>And therw visons and storys that is nought you might can see how these words was gods time is not our time Jesus rocks
Old 08-06-2003, 03:54 PM   #13
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I DO You Just Love me cuz i never shutup The lord gave me revalations on such things heres your anwsner The book of gensis onley talks about of this earth and world the lord thy god told me that their were many worlds here before the earth was created In gen>>And therw visons and storys that is nought you might can see how these words was gods time is not our time Jesus rocks