++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
10/04/2004 - Toronto, Canada - The Guvernment

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
Jersey_Devil
USER INFO »
I'll be in Toronto. I can't wait. Will post upon return...
Old 10-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
Jersey_Devil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil) I'll be in Toronto. I can't wait. Will post upon return...

By far the best concert in recent memory. I was literally a couple of "heads" from the stage. The opening acts were alright. Three sets of spotlights (four spotlights in each set) lit the stage with white light at the beginning...while we waited.

I don't know the exact order of things (I didn't manage to get a setlist) but I'm pretty sure they played their entire albumn, plus a cover. The encore had three songs. I was amazing hearing everyone sing along. Out of all the concerts I've been too, I've never heard the audience sing every song. This phenomenon occured at Creed concerts true, but it seemed extra special this time.

In person, Myles is very entertaining. The best song they played was by far Shed My Skin. The crowd was well-behaved. People didn't mind letting other people get in front of them. Another phenomenon of Creed/Alter Bridge fans...we're actually polite.

If you have a chance, see them during their club tour. This is like a second chance for anyone who never saw them during their Creed club tours.

As for who fits with the band better...Stapp or Myles? Let's just put it this way...One Day Remains is far superior of any Creed albumns. As a result, the concert experience was better. Sure, no pyro...but the music is what we're their for, right?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
Alter Ego
USER INFO »
I was also there last night. It was an excellent show; perhaps one of the best I have ever seen.

The room and crowd size was great. A few hundred people, all well behaved (Canadians eh) who were into the music. I think the band was caught off guard by how well known the music was by the people present. When called on to sing it was like a 200 voice choir. No one was calling out for Creed songs. Creed is gone and the crowd was there for Alter Bridge.

The lighting and sound was perfect and the band poured their heart into every note. They played with passion. They played the entire CD plus Highway Star (Deep Purple). Myles can play solid guitar and Mark has a good voice! Combine that with their traditional talents and this band rocks. Bass and drums were magic. The best song was indeed Shed My Skin, but frankly they all sounded better live than on the CD. For some reason Shed My Skin and Broken Wings were particularly powerful.

The band may not know that Toronto crowds are very tough to engage and tend to sit on their hands. They probably don't know how much of an impact they had to get the crowd as motivated as it was last night.

It was great that it was an all ages show so my teenage son and his friend could get a chance to see a band of this quality in a club setting.

Do not pass up the opportunity to see these guys now. I am even planning on trying to get to another gig, even though I will have to fly to see it.

10/10

The opening acts were just that. Submersed seems to have talent but the material was a little loose and the sound was poor. (Don't know why, the sound was perfect for Alter Bridge). Crossfade was a run of the mill act that was more annoying than enjoyable. Sorry guys.