++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #31
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: ab news...message from myles

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Dont bother arguing with him. He is dumb enough to think modern "rock" is somehow in the same ballpark as classic rock...

Oh... That is just so wrong... I hope you're trying too fool me now!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #32
Agent D
USER INFO »

Well that alterbridge.net site's been up for a while now, hasn't it? I never knew what the deal was with it though.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Nobody does!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #34
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Maybe it means their breaking up! Or as it was suggested leaving Wind up records. I dont know about them leaving the label as Wind up has been more than generous with the promotion of a sub par album. Creed was where the success for tremonti and co lied, it appears the fall continues....maybe well get a better efort from myles on this cd and he could do away with the gay ooohs and aaahs he is so famous for, get away from that stupid 80's /70's sound and go back to their creed roots of modern rock! Or fire Myles and bring in former Fuel singer Bret Scallion for a way better fit! Modern Rock and 70's/80's rock voice genre don't mix well as it was ever so apparent on One day remains..

Took the words right outta my mouth....his "oooohs" and "aaaahs" are big reason why I don't like his singing. I agree that he should get away from that 80's sound only because,...get this,....THE 80'S ARE OVER!! Now in NO way do I think "modern" rock is better than 70's....Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, and just about every rock band of that period could blow any modern band outta the water. But I do believe that period is obviously over, as is the 80's. Maybe Myles should stop trying to relive his "Rock Star" movie cameo.....
I've been living a double life
Old 04-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #35
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Uhm... He's not, he's just a tenor... That's it... Stapp has his Oooohs but it's more of a "whoooohooo"... Stapp's a baritone, Myles a tenor... He's not trying to revive the 80s! Then he would have a poodle hair cut and have cheesie lyrics. The only thing good about the 80s was that they could sing... get this... HE KNOWS!

Don't know about the Roling Stones beeing better then todays bands... They're not that technicaly good...
Old 04-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #36
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Took the words right outta my mouth....his "oooohs" and "aaaahs" are big reason why I don't like his singing. I agree that he should get away from that 80's sound only because,...get this,....THE 80'S ARE OVER!! Now in NO way do I think "modern" rock is better than 70's....Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, and just about every rock band of that period could blow any modern band outta the water. But I do believe that period is obviously over, as is the 80's. Maybe Myles should stop trying to relive his "Rock Star" movie cameo.....

funny thing is, mark wrote ODR...mark is huge into the 80's metal music...mark wrote the music on ODR...i think alter bridge is just fine the way they are, and so do their legion of fans across the U.S. and Europe. you don't like it, so listen to someone else. i don't like fall out boy or those types of bands, you don't see me over on their bb's trying to tell them how they suck and should change their style etc.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #37
bilal
USER INFO »

yeh...well said Creed7352...............i dont like madona.......but i dont bother to argue with her fans..............may be "filthy" is against Myles just because the poor guy relplaced STapp................who was a pain in the ass for rest of the creed members.........discussin wether 80s or 70s can be or cannot be revived or fused with modren rock is useless.......its like arguing not play guitar in a drop-D tunning or real guitar music is always in standard........its all bullshit
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #38
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

anti-Ab camp says Myles sings too many "oooohh"s like if Stapp didn't sing too many "yeah"s... bleh, this is a ridiculous argument to prove a point.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #39
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) anti-Ab camp says Myles sings too many "oooohh"s like if Stapp didn't sing too many "yeah"s... bleh, this is a ridiculous argument to prove a point.

ridiculous,yes,....I just happen to like Stapp's "yeeaahs" and dislike MK's "ooohs" and "aaahs".
Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

yeahs, ooohs and aaahs don't make A better or more likeable than B. You're just looking for any random excuse to justify your preference.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #41
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) yeahs, ooohs and aaahs don't make A better or more likeable than B. You're just looking for any random excuse to justify your preference.

actually, they do make it more likeable,...ya know why?....b/c it's MY preference. Maybe you shouldn't worry so much as to what I like or why I like it,...sound good? ok. I'm terribly sorry to have hurt your precious feelings b/c you didn't like my preference. Get over it. Have a great fuckin' day!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #42
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

WHOOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!!! 200th POST!!!! Alright!! I'm a CONTENDER!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #43
Creed7352
USER INFO »

if that's your preference, why are you in here in the ab forum? if you don't like them, just move on and don't linger here.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #44
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) actually, they do make it more likeable,...ya know why?....b/c it's MY preference. Maybe you shouldn't worry so much as to what I like or why I like it,...sound good? ok. I'm terribly sorry to have hurt your precious feelings b/c you didn't like my preference. Get over it. Have a great fuckin' day!

did I touch a nerve or something?

lmao! you're bizarre!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #45
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »

i think hes high
Closed Thread