++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 04-15-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Black Holes....

Ok, not to long ago i learned somewhat of what Black holes are and it is WACKED.

For those who dont know i will tell u cuz i feel like it.

This is whut I know... and i skipped some stuff cuz i 4got or dont feel like going into details why it dose so.

When a Supergient Humongo star thats like over 2000 times bigger than our sun is about to die It gets big, and has LOTS of gravity. Then instead of exploding or turning into a small star, it simmpolly collapses on itslef and dissapears, outta nowhere. Gone. Poof. But its graity is somehow there, even though the things that make its gravity is not. But its there, and it makes a hole that basically sucks everything into it, even light. When u go in this hole u simply dissapear. Noone knows where it goes. noone knows why, some people thing u get sucked int oanotehr universe or dimention but WHO KNOWS. Its SO FREKEN WEIRD and MAkes NO SENCE.

THE ENDS

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 04-16-2003, 04:11 AM   #2
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Just to give you a bit more information-

Black holes are ultra dense objects formed by imploding stars. They have an "escape velocity" over the speed of light. If you were on earth, and threw a rock up at ~25k miles per hour it would break out of the earths gravitational pull. 25k miles per hour is the earths escape velocity. But, since nothing is faster than the speed of light(a black holes escape velocity).... nothing can escape a black holes gravitational pull once it enters its threshold. If you are up for a good read, pick up Hawkings "A brief history of time".
Old 04-16-2003, 04:38 AM   #3
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
There was a slide at the swimming pools where i used to live called "Black Hole"
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #4
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
<b>Just to give you a bit more information-

Black holes are ultra dense objects formed by imploding stars. &nbsp;They have an "escape velocity" over the speed of light. &nbsp;If you were on earth, and threw a rock up at ~25k miles per hour it would break out of the earths gravitational pull. &nbsp;25k miles per hour is the earths escape velocity. &nbsp;But, since nothing is faster than the speed of light(a black holes escape velocity).... nothing can escape a black holes gravitational pull once it enters its threshold. &nbsp;If you are up for a good read, pick up Hawkings "A brief history of time". </b>

Holy shit i understood nothing of that

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 04-17-2003, 12:56 AM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
no, neither did i dude
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think he said that <i>Black holes are ultra dense objects formed by imploding stars. They have an "escape velocity" over the speed of light. If you were on earth, and threw a rock up at ~25k miles per hour it would break out of the earths gravitational pull. 25k miles per hour is the earths escape velocity. But, since nothing is faster than the speed of light(a black holes escape velocity).... nothing can escape a black holes gravitational pull once it enters its threshold. If you are up for a good read, pick up Hawkings "A brief history of time". </i>

Got it now?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:29 AM   #7
Lechium
USER INFO »
Black Holes are a theory, not a fact. Ask any astronomer -- we have no proof, we observe some abnomalities, and explanation peopel came up with was black hole, but it can be something else. But they are pretty fasinating, especially the way they are supposed to twist time withing them.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:03 PM   #8
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
leech, no they are not, are you an atronomer? millions of astonomers and al lthe ancient greek philosopers saw ans studied what are now called back holes. they are a fact. they are not every where, but they are quite a few of them in thie infinte thing called the universe.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:17 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Black Holes are a theory, not a fact. Ask any astronomer -- we have no proof, we observe some abnomalities, and explanation peopel came up with was black hole, but it can be something else. But they are pretty fasinating, especially the way they are supposed to twist time withing them.
Um...ok
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-18-2003, 02:33 PM   #10
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
leech, no they are not, are you an atronomer? millions of astonomers and al lthe ancient greek philosopers saw ans studied what are now called back holes. they are a fact. they are not every where, but they are quite a few of them in thie infinte thing called the universe.

I took astronomy classes, my dad is very interested about astronomy. So I know some things. So I know that black holes are just a THEORY. Even Steven Hawkings (top guy in black holes) said that.
And greek phylosophers never talked about blackholes... they were 1st hypotosized in 20th century. So go figure. Greek scientists belived that sun rotates around the Earth. And they didnt have equipment that could track back holes... I really have no idea where you get your info from...
Old 04-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
P.S. here's some more for you: "According to conventional theory, some giant stars near the end of their lives explode into supernovas, leaving behind cores so dense that they collapse into a "singularity," or point of infinite density, otherwise known as a black hole. " link to full article --> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/01/22/gravastars/

Wadrick. please check your facts before arguing.