++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Not to be rude but....

Alter Bridge who? Now I haven't heard a thing about Alter Bridge, and really all I hear about is Scott Stapp, whether it's bad or good. And not to offend but a lot of people, not just myself, have no clue what happened to Alter Bridge or even who they are. Wouldn't it be better for Myles to be the lead singer for Fuel and Creed to get back together, or Alter Bridge get a new singer? Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down, so why not Myles? He'd definetly be more popular and not compared to Scott Stapp all the time and if Creed got back together they'd definetly be more successful and Scott Stapp would have his friends back, sounds good to me but I still love solo stapp
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
J-Man
USER INFO »
Re: Not to be rude but....

To be blunt, AB did very well in their first album release and as rumor has it they are working on their next album. AB had a head start with their album. Stapp recently debuted his solo cd. When AB comes out with their next album, you'll be asking Stapp who? Unless he ends up doing something stupid again where his name ends up in the media. Fuel actually approached an American Idol singer? They must be hurting something badly. Myles is already popular and will gain more popularity with time. Creed will not get back together, Stapp most likely lost his friends for being an ass (I'm intentionally being rude).

Last edited by J-Man : 03-21-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

AB is in studio tracking their sophmore effort. That's why you don't hear much about them.

But they're confirmed for Download Festival, again.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Creed7352
USER INFO »

also, windup doesn't promote them...

and i never hear myles being compared to stapp except by stapp fans. they're 2 different singers, one is baritone and the other is not, there is no comparison.

Quote: Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down, so why not Myles?

cause myles already has a band and you don't try and steal a band's singer away like that...to show you how stupid that sounds...

"fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked chris daughtry, the guy on american idol this season and he turned them down, so why not scott stapp?"
Old 03-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Alter Bridge who? Now I haven't heard a thing about Alter Bridge
Well, speak for yourself then, 'cause I have heard quite a lot about them. Here in Sweden, where I live, I have almost heard more about them than I ever heard about Creed. Quite intressting when you think about it.

And to quote Marcos: they're in the studio now, that's why you don't hear much from them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Wouldn't it be better for Myles to be the lead singer for Fuel and Creed to get back together, or Alter Bridge get a new singer?
Yeah, they'd all problalby make more money and sell more records, but I don't think that's what they want. I know Alter Bridge wanna stay together!

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Fuel is looking for a new singer, they even asked Chris Daughtry, the guy on American Idol this season and he turned them down
Dumb ass, could've been the opportunity of a life time!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
stappissohot
USER INFO »

Not trying to insult anyone just viewing my opinions. The only reason I hear so much about Stapp is because of his negative publicity. I loved the Alter Bridge album, I'm just stating I haven't heard much about them, nothing about gigs or tours in a long time. As for Scott Stapp really, google him and you get a million (negative) hits. I say Myles is a great singer but Creed was way better and you can't have Creed without all the band members and if Creed decides to get back together (never going to happen) Myles could work with another band, Fuel, who are looking for a new lead singer. As for the American Idol dude, he said his place was with his wife who is sick and he says he doesn't want to tour with Fuel, I dunno I don't know the man I'm relaying what I've heard is all, I'm not the enemy hear I vow on both sides
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

aham... yeah, humor me.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

i think the band has surely made international headlines...........dammit........i am here in PAkistan and a lot of people know aobut the band here too!!!......
Old 03-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) also, windup doesn't promote them...

I disagree,....they recieved a fair amount of promotion
I've been living a double life
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 AM   #10
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) I disagree,....they recieved a fair amount of promotion

ARE YOU FOR REAL! I mean, come on! The guys were even willing to pay for everything on relesing a DVD... Were they alowed? NO! And did they have a big sign on almost every page you went to? No! Did Stapp? Yeah! Stapp's Screw-ups BIG GOLDEN COW! What Wind-up needs is to snapp out of a dream and give AB some slack... Just put the logo on the damn DVD box and give fans what they want!

The reson WU didn't want to get the logo on there is probobly becouse AB wouldn't let them print "Mark tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips from Creed"... That's why Stapp is the golden boy he loves the fact that he was in Creed... I'm not saying he can't, heck I would probobly too, just that Mark and the boys don't...

Stappishot, your not insulting since you don't say "idiots" "morons" etc.

I live in Sweden too, but I can't say I've heard that much... But Lith lives in the capital
Old 03-23-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) ARE YOU FOR REAL! I mean, come on! The guys were even willing to pay for everything on relesing a DVD... Were they alowed? NO! And did they have a big sign on almost every page you went to? No! Did Stapp? Yeah! Stapp's Screw-ups BIG GOLDEN COW! What Wind-up needs is to snapp out of a dream and give AB some slack... Just put the logo on the damn DVD box and give fans what they want!

The reson WU didn't want to get the logo on there is probobly becouse AB wouldn't let them print "Mark tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips from Creed"... That's why Stapp is the golden boy he loves the fact that he was in Creed... I'm not saying he can't, heck I would probobly too, just that Mark and the boys don't...

Stappishot, your not insulting since you don't say "idiots" "morons" etc.

I live in Sweden too, but I can't say I've heard that much... But Lith lives in the capital

To me, Wind-Up is a successful record label. They are going to invest their financial backing in their best interest, which, realize it or not, is Stapp. He was the face of Creed and the one that most Creed fans identify with. He is much more marketable than AB and stays true to his past with the label,.."from Creed". I find it a little insulting that Tremo & Co. don't want any association with the word Creed. Sure they want to promote their new band and leave Creed behind them, but Tremo even talks trash about Creed songs.It just proves that Creed,IMO, REALLY was Stapp's band.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Now, the reson Stapp was the face of creed was becouse he run the band, Mark wanted solos in the songs, did he gett to REALY solo? No! And Stapp was a jerk etc. Tremo doesn't want to be held with the, as he sees it since he was in the band, shadow of Creed, he doesn't want to have all those memories being on the lable of his new album! I don't see it as an insult that he talks trash about Creed, why should you? It's not like it's about you? The reson it was Stapps band was becouse IF he left Creed would die, EVERYONE knows that, Creed aint the same if not everyone is in on it! Mark didn't get to solo (as said before), he was unhappie, they didn't want to kick Brian but was forced to becouse Stapp said "Me or him" if he left, the band died, the band wasn't the same without Brian either... It just wasn't...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

It's one thing for Tremo to leave Creed in the past,....but its another story when he talks trash about songs that he had a hand in making that made him a very rich man. If it wasn't for those songs he wouldn't be where he's at today. That to me, is an insult to the fans. And I agree that Creed was never the same without Brian,... although Hestla did a great job on tour.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #14
bilal
USER INFO »

good discussion so far................!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #15
bilal
USER INFO »

good discussion so far................!!!!!
Closed Thread