++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A lack of communication

Lately, I've been a little bit worried about how little we have heard from the guys. I mean, I hate to be so blunt, but that is a great way for Alter Bridge to lose fans. The longer the band neglects to update their fans, the chances of fans finding new favorite bands who are actually actively creating increases greatly. You know, this actually reminds me of the year or so that we heard "oh, don't worry, Creed is recording their fourth album." Not to say that Alter Bridge is breaking up, but I find it frustrating to feel like your favorite band has fallen off the face of the earth and it seems like they just dont give a shit enough to update us. I just don't understand why it's so hard for the band to let us know what's going on with the new album, the status of the record deal, etc. Any thoughts?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Drake
USER INFO »
Re: A lack of communication

That is what I've been thinking too.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

maybe they're keeping quiet to respect Scotts solo tour

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
facelessmike
USER INFO »

or that Michael is recovering from a serious accident
Old 03-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

Dude, you shall not worry:

1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off.
2- The one who updates us about Alter Bridge is Michael Tremonti, who's been recovering from a serious car accident. He'll post as soon as he's able.
3- Alter Bridge is currently IN STUDIO tracking the next album, last we heard. It means soon (or maybe it's the actual milestone) Myles will record the vocals and then they'll proceed for mixing/ mastering.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:37 AM   #6
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

They're IN the studio now?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 AM   #7
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Be Patient
Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I am, but IF they were in the studio, it'd be great... Right!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »

Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) They're IN the studio now?
yes, they are.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #11
J-Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by LeftOfTheMurder) Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.

If you understand the situation w/ Michael and Wind-Up then what's the problem? Since when did the the actual band members communicate with the fans on what's going on? They have PR people that do that. Your sentence that reads: but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans seems out of line and ridiculous. Hmmm....anyone on here get actual phone calls from the band as to what's going on? I'm a fan, should I expect a call or a drop by from them so we can talk?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »

I figured sooner or later somebody would come along and take what i'm saying completely of out context.

First of all, obviously I would never expect Michael Tremonti to worry about updating the fans. He has enough on his plate and we all wish him the best in his recovery.

If Wind-Up has PR people to update fans, then where the fuck are they?

I never expected Mark, Myles, Scott, or Brian to come here and post. I never said that, either. I don't know where you got that notion.

All I'm saying is, It'd be cool if the band would maybe update their official site or release some kidn of info on the future. In my eyes, if I were in a band like Alter Bridge, I'd deem it important to do that. Otherwise, they run the risk of losing fans. Thats all I'm saying, J-Man. Think before you post, especially accusing me of expecting that the band is going to call fans and tell them whats going on. You're a fucking idiot man.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
J-Man
USER INFO »

LMFAO! I'm the idiot? Funny, you say that, because if you read Bridge of Clay's answers to you, it made a lot of sense, and you did ask why the BAND hasn't talked to anyone. Well, go back and read what Bridge typed. Maybe after a couple of readings, you'll get it.

And I highly doubt that AB would lose fans due to it being a bit quiet. Perhaps, they're in the studio recording as Bridge of Clay stated.

Last edited by J-Man : 03-27-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
J-Man
USER INFO »

One last thing, if I'm not mistaken, Wind-Up is the PR for them (and what did Bridge say?) 1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off. And I have read somewhere that WU are the ones in charge of the band's official website. Put two and two together and I think a lightbulb may appear above your head.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #15
J-Man
USER INFO »

DELETED as it was here twice.