++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-22-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
katzthatsme
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
We Have No Proof Creed Is Breakiing Up

What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. If you have not forgotten, the purpose of tremonti's side project was to do something a little more his own style, and of course he's always gonna need a drummer bassist n singer. his bandmates are the best for that. stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his. Nobody said anything about Creed breaking up ever, except for the people on hear. Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up? i sure havent. they'll make a cd again probably, they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting? yea they could do that too. even if they dotn do that they could play like a few shows together. thats kinda wat black sabbath does.

so everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up?

Yes.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:47 AM   #3
SandMan
USER INFO »
I keep having reoccurring dreams about them and I have never seen them in concert.

Anyway, I think they put up with alot of stress being Creed, negativity seemed to follow them so much, although in marketing any publicity is good publicity. On a human level that had to be so hard for them all to endure.

I think maybe they are changing and developing new and different talents and should share them with the world. It really doesn't matter how they split or what happened. Sometimes you just have to start over, and one day they can do a greatest hits album and a reunion concert.

To me it's always better to end something while its on top, than to wait til it fails...you know.

Also I think it's interesting that the name of the new band is AlterBridge, something that allows you to go from oneside to the other. Awesome title I think, should bring alot of good things to them, and they deserve it after putting up with so much negative stuff over the past few years.

If its over, CREED ended at the right time, I will always be a fan though, because they absolutely effected me on a positive and negative level, love'em lots.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #4
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

ditto....

i love you guys!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #6
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by katzthatsme) What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. If you have not forgotten, the purpose of tremonti's side project was to do something a little more his own style, and of course he's always gonna need a drummer bassist n singer. his bandmates are the best for that. stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his. Nobody said anything about Creed breaking up ever, except for the people on hear. Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up? i sure havent. they'll make a cd again probably, they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting? yea they could do that too. even if they dotn do that they could play like a few shows together. thats kinda wat black sabbath does.

so everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.

If Alterbridge wasn't all of the ORIGINAL Creed members (minus Stapp), I might agree with you. But the fact that Mark and Scott have formed a new band, and that Brian has come back to the band in Stapp's absence is just too telling.

This is not a "Tremonti side project," it's a whole new band. Furthermore, its members consist of all the founding Creed members, with Stapp replaced by Kennedy.

Don't fool yourself, my friend. Don't expect to hear "Creed" for a very, very long time, if ever. Especially if Alterbridge is sucessful.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 05-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
PRS_Tremonti
USER INFO »
The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back. Like someone said earlier, the band was just not clicking with Stapp. I'm not badmouthing Stapp either because I think he's a great person and I admire him for a lot, but you can't force something to work and I think it's good that the band realized that. I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PRS_Tremonti) The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back. Like someone said earlier, the band was just not clicking with Stapp. I'm not badmouthing Stapp either because I think he's a great person and I admire him for a lot, but you can't force something to work and I think it's good that the band realized that. I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.

Wind-up is really benefitting more if Creed is no more. They'll get money from Alter Bridge debut album, Scott Stapp solo album, and the Creed compilation which will sell a lot.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Wind-up is really benefitting more if Creed is no more. They'll get money from Alter Bridge debut album, Scott Stapp solo album, and the Creed compilation which will sell a lot.

in the short term yes they will benefit but that Creed name would make more than Alter Bridge and Stapp combined over the long term i think. anyhow velocitydip is right the fact that brian is back and its orignal creed members minus stapp is a very telling. the only way i can see creed and alter bridge co-existing is if one band (Creed) is the arena radio rocker and Alter Bridge is the harder stuff were Mark can rip it up. If they are at ALL similar bands then there is no point really.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #10
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by katzthatsme) stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his.
Yeah, totally. Good reason.

Quote: (Originally Posted by katzthatsme) they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting?
Yes, but that doesn't happen to all bands now, does it. I'm not trying to be negative, but you've just got to realise that it could happen, and then again it might not happen.

Quote: (Originally Posted by katzthatsme) everybody just shut up about creed breaking up there is no point talking about that all you do is worry people.
Wake up and smell the music.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PRS_Tremonti) The way I see it, if Alter Bridge becomes successful, then there's no way Creed is coming back.
That's what I've been thinking of latley also.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PRS_Tremonti) I think both Alter Bridge and Stapp will have awesome futures ahead of them.
I hope so, too. It's not like they will both get out in the industry and won't make it far at all, because they are both such talented people, and I love them to bits, I will be supporting both of them all the way. I'm now really, really excited for what's to come.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-23-2004, 10:34 AM   #11
SandMan
USER INFO »
"Excellent post SandMan. Thank you for taking the time to do so."

They are my babies, I have to look out for them, and looks like instead of three there will be five to look out for now!...

I may need an assistant.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:56 AM   #12
alterflip
USER INFO »
i dont think i care...
i think Alter Bridge is gonna be really great...but its gonna be good...
i promise!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #13
shiver
USER INFO »
Suck it up kiddos. They are done. Kaput. Fin. No mas. And really what does is matter? We still get Mark, Flip, and we even get Brian back. As for Stapp, well...uh...he is still there if you want him. I dunno why? I am in the freakin' zone today! WTH!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #14
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by katzthatsme) What is all this i hear about Creed breaking up. If you have not forgotten, the purpose of tremonti's side project was to do something a little more his own style, and of course he's always gonna need a drummer bassist n singer. his bandmates are the best for that. stapp prolly is doing his cuz mark's doing his. Nobody said anything about Creed breaking up ever, except for the people on hear. Have you heard Mark , or Scott, or anybody say they are breaking up? i sure havent. they'll make a cd again probably, they were so successful together, plus even when bands break up havent you ever heard of reuniting? yea they could do that too. even if they dotn do that they could play like a few shows together. thats kinda wat black sabbath does.

Can you say IN-DENIAL?

Don't Tell us To shut Up, That's the Rudist Fucking Thing and I don't think a Single Person On the Board Appreciates it, We can't help it that you can't except the Facts.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I agree Matt

This kid just opened a can of worms
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot

Last edited by JulieCitySlicker : 05-23-2004 at 04:50 PM.