++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #1711
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

July 10th

"Power and presence."

God made the world in 6 days. Now he sustains it with his powerful word. But in each of us, he is still at work and will continue to work to his glory until Christ comes to take us home!

For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:8-11

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:6

Heaven

Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #1712
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 11th

"Entirely dependable."

A hot morning shower, a fresh cup of coffee. The lights in your kitchen and bathroom. What would you do if you were deprived of the basics of your dependable morning routine? Many of us would start shutting down. It's easy to take hot water and electricity for granted. The same is true of faithful love. It's easy to take for granted the person who is always there to listen to your problems. It's easy to take for granted the person you run to when you're frustrated or in trouble. It's even easier to take for granted God's faithful care for you and your family. Every day God sustains the world in which we move and live. He provides food, clothing, and opportunities for employment. Most important, he showers love and concern on us every day. Our God is a faithful God. He is entirely dependable.

That same type of faithful and dependable love is the foundation of every strong relationship. Love is cheap if it's given only when things are going fine. Our love for others must be consistent and dependable.

To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity. To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the wicked you show yourself hostile. You rescue those who are humble... As for God, his way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true...

Psalm 18:25-27,30

Heaven

Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #1713
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 12th

"Hunger for The Word."

Like Esau, we get so diverted by the mundane things of life, the growling of our bellies, we forget the longer-range view of things. God's word, his written word the Bible, his demonstrated Word in Jesus, and his proclaimed word in the Gospel, are what can sustain us eternally.

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Matthew 4:4

Heaven

Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #1714
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
hungry for the word,

GLORY TO GOD, david that sounded so good my brother i wanna YELL IT AGAIN HAAAAAAAAA DRUGS OR JESUS!!! MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT EVERYWORD THATS EVERYWORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD, AND Thats A Lot GLORY TO GOD, And The Word Also Teaches Us COME UNTO ME ALL THAT OUR HEAVEY BURDEN AND I WILL GIVE THEE REST GLORY TO GOD, A LOT REQUIRES A LOT AND SO HEAVEY IS THE BURDEN OF HIS PRECIOUS WORD Oh GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY As we get a vison of what it was like for moses crawling in the desert AND EVEN TO THAT HE LIVED GLORY HAAAAAAAAAAA BY FORSAKEN LAND FAMILY AND RICHES GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i can see him crawling there so alone AND WE REACHING HIM BURNING AS A FIERY BUSH That He Would SOOOOOON MET GLORY I WONT LEAVE THEE NOR WILL I FORSAKE THEE
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #1715
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 13th

"You are glorious!"

When Jesus is exalted, when his name is praised and his glory confessed, rather than being insulted or blasphemed, God is honored. Praise be the glorious name of Jesus and the grace of our God!

God exalted him (Jesus) to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:9-11

Heaven

Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #1716
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 14th

"Poverty level."

To be poor means that something is lacking from our life.

The Bible focuses primarily on two kinds of poverty: People who are in need of basic necessities (like food and clothing) and people who are in need of God (for they lack the Holy Spirit's presence in their life). We are called and commanded to help both of these kinds of people as much as we possibly can.

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor. The Lord rescues them in times of trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity and rescues them from their enemies. The Lord nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort.

Psalm 41:1-3

He will rescue the poor when they cry to him, he will help the oppressed, who have no one to defend them. He feels pity for the weak and the needy, and he will rescue them. He will save them from oppression and from violence, for their lives are precious to him.

Psalm 72:12-14

A greedy person tries to get rich quick, but it only leads to poverty. Greed causes fighting; trusting in the Lord leads to prosperity. Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing. But a curse will come upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

Proverbs 28:22,25,27

Heaven

Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #1717
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 15th

"God; boring and irrelevant?"

Isn't it true! When we find ourselves caught in the clutches of the moral filth of our culture, we find the word of God boring and irrelevant. Yet even in those moments when Satan uses sin to harden our hearts, God's Spirit calls us to change at a level deeper than just the mere understanding of the words of Scripture. Thank God for his Spirit, which can use his word like a surgeons scalpel on our hearts.

Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

James 1:21

Heaven

Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #1718
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
God Boring And Irrelevant

yes indeed brother your post on that topic could take on an entire thread with many scriptures pertaning to the spirt OF THE TRUE GOD, which im not much of teacher AT ALL, the word is a buffet and a drink OF HIS DIVINE SPIRT and when most people read it in the moral and in the flesh its pretty much BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and we,ve got a lot of folks a lot trying to take from the bible add on to bible and find those mysteries WELL I GOT NEWS THE GREAT NEWS AINT GOING HAPPEN, u can make it sound good u can dig up stuff on false prophets that the bible has never made mention of and say its been kept secret AND U FOUND IT GLORY TO GOD IT STILL AINT GOING HAPPEN U Can Make Up Another Story For Hollywood TO DRAG HIS MOST HIGH NAME THROUGH FALSE LIFES AND LIES AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN IT AINT GOING WORK, GLORY TO GOD, thats why it best to pray before we read the bible and if u dont anyway SOONER OR LATER IT WILL COME BACK TO YA THOSE WORDS NEVER GO OUT IN VOID, IN THE BEGINNING GOD created THE HEAVEN AND THE EART AND THE EARTH WAS OUT FORM AND VOID IN DARKNESS and some times without his life THATS EXCALTY HOW WE FIRST RECIEVE THE WORD CAN I PLEASE GET AMEN!!!! OH GLORY TO GOD, i need a tissue AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DEEP as deep as the word is itself AND THE SPIRT OG GOD MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS, HIS SPIRT WHICH IS THE BREAD WHICH IS THE WATER WHICH IS THE BLOOD WHICH IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE, GLORY TO GOD, GEN, 1 1,2
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #1719
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 16th

"God lives here!"

If you had known Jesus' address in Nazareth along about A.D. 20, you could have gone to that house and said, "God lives here!" The doctrine of Jesus as fully God and fully man, fully God and yet having emptied himself of all of his divine privilege, is nearly impossible to fully understand, but is the awesome reality of Grace. God chose to be like us because we could not be like him. So in Jesus, God came to us so we could be given his fullness.

In Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

Colossians 2:9-10

Heaven

Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 AM   #1720
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 17th

"Magic?"

No matter where the children were, they heard it. It called them from their homework, their play, their naps, their chores. In an instant, heads came up, slightly cocked, in order to hear the speaker repeat that magic song... The ice cream man! No greater sound could be found. From every corner of the neighborhood, children with beaming faces were drawn magically to the ice cream truck.

When the voice of the Lord calls out to us, may we respond to it with the same childlike glee that our youngsters demonstrate at the approach of the ice cream man. May the name of the Lord bring joy to our hearts and smiles to our faces.

Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

Psalm 89:15

Heaven

Old 07-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #1721
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 18th

"Praise."

Praise is integrally connected with our character. So for us to worship God, the intent of our heart and the effort of our life must show forth a determined desire to know and live his will. While we will never do this perfectly, grace covers us. But grace must never be used as a pretense to excuse spiritual laziness or intentional weakness.

I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.

Psalm 119:7

Heaven

Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #1722
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 19th

"Almighty and Eternal Father."

Fear saps our will power and leaves us feeling depleted and hopeless. Yet very few of us have ever experienced a defeat so complete and bitter as the one God's people faced when Isaiah shared this message of hope. The preservation of Israel to the time of Jesus, the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, the triumph of the Church through centuries of persecution and opposition are powerful reminders that underneath us are the everlasting arms of a mighty and loving God.

[The Lord says,] "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

Heaven

Old 07-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #1723
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 20th

"The works of hand and heart."

Within each of us is a wellspring of beauty that comes from God above. How we express it varies from person to person, but it is there, nonetheless. Reach deep into your soul and share the wealth of beauty buried there. To do so is to share God.

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Psalm 90:17

Heaven

Old 07-21-2007, 06:31 AM   #1724
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 21st

"Pick up your cross."

Jesus reminded us to "pick up your cross daily and follow" him. The way of truth is a daily choice. To not choose God's way, to not intentionally seek to put him at the center of our life and as the top priority in all of our decisions, is to slip a little bit further away from the life he calls us to lead. Lack of a decision is a decision to not follow.

I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.

Psalm 119:30

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice..."

Rush

Heaven

Old 07-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #1725
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
No Greater Love

john 15,13,14, this is my commandment that ye love one another as i have loved you greater love hath no man than this that man lay down his life for his friends ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever i command you to do, and 15 henceforth i call you not servants for the servant knoweth what his lord doeth but i have called you friends FOR ALL THINGS THAT I HAVE HEARD OF MY FATHER I HAVE MADE KNOWN UNTO YOU YE HAVE NOT CHOSEN ME BUT I HAVE CHOSEN YOU, and on brother david it reads and ordained you that ye should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain that whatsoever ye shall ask of the father in my name he may give it to you and all these things i command you that YE LOVE ONE ANOTHER, BUT AS WE CARRY ARE CROSS TODAY OR SECOND OR THIRD Haaaaa, do we stop and think about his needs ARE FOLLOW A SIGN SEEKING GENARATION GLORY TO GOD AND LIVE BY FEAR AND NOT BY TRUTH , GLORY TO GOD ALL THROUGH THE BIBLE YOU JESUS REQUIRED A LOT OF NEEDS AND A LOT REQUIRES A LOT AS UNTO LAYING YOUR LIFE DOWN FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND AND FORSAKING ALL OTHERS I,ll Never Forget Those Precious Words FOLLOW ME AND Ur Right Brother when we choose to lay down our cross we forget how to follow THAT WILL AND THAT PLAN OF OUR PRECIOUS ALMIGHTY, HIS NEEDS, he Needed A Chosen Woman To give Him Life He Needed A A Chosen Donkey To Ride Him To His Birth Place HE NEEDED THE STAR OF DAVID TO SHINE SO BRIGHTBRIGHTER THAN ANY OTHER TO SHOW THE WISE MEN THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE GLORY TO GOD HE NEEDED JOHN TO BABTISE HIM HE NEEDED FRIENDS TO WHATCH AND PRAY WITH HIM HE NEEDED SOMEONE TO HELP HIM CARRY HIS CROSS, And Uplifting words such as we have not very much farther to go my lord, GLORY TO GOD, i know of a friend who was in trouble and awoke me in the night whatches and night sweats And i called and i said i cant get to u right now OH GLORYYYYYYYYYY But I WILL WHATCH AND I WILL PRAY as the sitution changes AND PEACE WONT BE FAR FROM THEE B/c HE IS UNDER THE DESTROYER BECAUSE AS WE CALL AND KNOW GLORY TO GOD THOSE TO STONES WERE NOT MADE IN TO BREAD, GLORY AND HE DID NOT TRADE HELL FOR PARADISE,