++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #1591
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

March 28th

"The mediator."

We do not need another person, no matter how mighty, pious, or special, to intercede for us before God. As his children, we can go freely, knowing that God himself has provided the perfect mediator between us and himself. That mediator alone is head of the church and chief priest before God for us. His name is Christ Jesus, our Lord.

There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men.

1 Timothy 2:5-6

Heaven

Old 03-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #1592
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 29th

"Righteousness!"

That's what we are. God's righteousness. We are the testimony of how holy, just, and gracious he truly is, because in Jesus, we are his righteousness!

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21

Heaven

Old 03-30-2007, 06:53 AM   #1593
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 30th

"Savior and Servant."

Jesus was everything and became nothing and we didn't notice what he did for us. We just assumed he deserved it, and so we did not repent. But there was something about that sacrificial story that grabbed our hearts and called us home we found in him not only a Savior, but a servant.

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and he carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:3-4

Heaven

Old 03-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #1594
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 31st

"Tripping on your tongue?"

James says that our tongues are mighty rudders, guiding the body where it will go. We should be very careful of the words that come out of our mouths. We can do the greatest good, and the most terrible evil, by the use of our mouths. Christians should let the truth and grace of Christ govern their language. Otherwise, terrible problems can occur. Let our words reflect our commitment to Christ, and God will bless us and defend us.

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Psalm 34:13

Heaven

Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #1595
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 1st

"Doubt still?"

We have raised an angry fist to fate, cursed the darkness, and denied there is a God. Each of these is equally ineffective. To rob heaven of God is only to rob ourselves of grace, hope, and a future. How foolish indeed to forget that behind a creation of wonder, order, variety, beauty, ferocity, and pattern is the Creator who is far greater than his handiwork.

The fool says in his heart there is no God.

Psalm 14:1

Heaven

Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #1596
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 2nd

"Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."

One thing the Gospels make clear is that Jesus' death on the cross was no accident. Jesus knew the challenge that awaited him in Jerusalem, and he walked into it to deliver us from the same fate.

Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"

Matthew 20:17-19

Heaven

Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #1597
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 3rd

"Are you in prison?"

At any given time, many of God's saints are in prison. The prison may be literal, or it may be a product of circumstances. It can be financial debt, a broken relationship, a physical ailment, or any other consuming situation. You are not literally behind bars, but your circumstances may make you feel as if you are. Don't despair; it will not last. It is ordained by God and is designed either for your current witness or future usefulness. He is refining you and molding you into His image, the exact likeness of His crucified Son.

A huge problem in the church is when Christians look at their imprisoned brothers and sisters and assume that God has not favored them. Paul probably experienced such a phenomenon. We read his prison epistles and marvel at his suffering for the cause. But many of his contemporaries may not have marveled. They may have seen his trouble as a sign of God's disfavor and wondered why someone with so much potential had fallen to such depths.

Don't forget about those in prison. Suffer with them as though you were there yourself. Share the sorrow of those being mistreated, as though you feel their pain in your own bodies.

Hebrews 13:3

Heaven

Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #1598
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 4th

"Forgiveness."

What a sweet and precious gift. What we could not fix, make up, or pay for, God did for us in Jesus. With him each day is a fresh start and rebirth of springtime. But my what a cost!

In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Ephesians 1:7

Heaven

Old 04-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #1599
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 5th

"Alone?"

The writer of Ecclesiastes paints a depressing picture of a man who strives to gain the whole world alone, then asks himself, "Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so much pleasure now?" The writer concludes, "It is all so meaningless and depressing" ( Ecclesiastes 4:8 ). How much better it is to go through life with a strong network of support. When you share your trials and triumphs with others, you soon realize that you're not alone. And somehow, when we stand together, life's challenges don't seem so daunting anymore.

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two men can stand back-to-back and conquer.

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Heaven

Old 04-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #1600
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 6th

"Resist flight."

David was a man after God's own heart and a great, anointed king. But in many ways, he was just like us. Psalm 55 is an example. When the pressure was on, David just wanted to run away.

All of us have had similar urges. When life gets intense and troubles seem to offer no way out, we just want to get out of the situation. Every Christian who has been prepared by God and stretched to his or her limits can relate: There are times when we would do anything if God would just remove us from our trial. We'll pray for ways of escape, but God often leaves us surrounded until His time is right. God has no scorn for such feelings. He made us and He knows our frailties. He understands our impulse to flee from whatever difficulties we face. But He also insists on our endurance, because it has spiritual results that nothing else can accomplish. And there is no way to learn endurance other than simply to endure. We can't learn it in principle or in theory; only pain can teach it to us.

The good news for those who go through intense trials and suffering is that once the impulse to flee is broken, God delivers. When endurance is complete, God removes the tribulation we endured. Every fear is followed by blessing ( Psalm 55:4-8, 16-18 ). Our God does not leave us in our troubles. He has put us there to discover His provision; He will not withhold it indefinitely. There will be a day of deliverance.

Oh, how I wish I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest! I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness. How quickly I would escape—far away from this wild storm of hatred.

Psalm 55:6-8

Heaven

Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #1601
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 7th

"Christ alive!"

When we are baptized into Christ, we share in his crucifixion and we are raised up to be new people. Christ is alive in us. The real challenge is for us to be "Christ alive!" Our motivation? Not to earn salvation, which has already been given us by grace, but to honor him who sacrificed all to save us.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

(See also Romans 6:1-14)

Heaven

Old 04-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #1602
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Easter Sunday, 2007

"What does it mean to lay down our lives for our brothers?"

Sounds pretty extravagant, but the next verse in 1 John 3 reminds us that most often it's very simple: if we have a brother or sister in Christ with needs, we give up what we have to fill that need!

This is how we know love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

1 John 3:16

Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death, and the worst kind of death at that... a crucifixion.

Philippians 2:6-8

Heaven

Old 04-09-2007, 06:34 AM   #1603
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 9th

"When your will is drained."

We have two simple options when afflictions strike. We can moan about our fate and give up, or we can face it boldly and make the best of it. God grants us the power to become more than conquerors, if we will only choose to use it.

My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.

Psalm 38:10

Heaven

Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #1604
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 10th

"Share the gospel."

Simon Peter became the cornerstone of the church, but only after facing some tremendous trials. Jesus walked with His disciples for almost three years, and during that time He taught many things. Peter, who listened intently to all He said, never really understood what He meant until Jesus returned from the grave. When he called upon to affirm his faith in Jesus, he denied Him three times.

We can be so much like Simon Peter. We listen, but we do not hear. We have opportunity to testify to the glory of the Lord, and we keep silent. The Lord wants us to know Him. completely and share our faith with all we meet. Hear what the Lord has to say, and proclaim it with your mouth and with your actions.

But I, as a deaf man, hear not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

Psalm 38:13

Heaven

Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #1605
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 11th

"Conceit."

Everyone needs to be reminded they are not better than anyone else every now and then. Conceit is a killing vice in the Christian life. God created us all equal. His image rests equally with every human being. Sometimes God needs to bring us back to earth when we get too puffed up. Those exalt themselves will be humbled, while those who humble themselves will be exalted.

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity.

Psalm 39:11

Heaven