++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #256
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think nowadays almost EVERY artist or band copies off of another artist. Creed supposedly copied off of Pearl Jam(I don't see much of a similarity between the two, except for the vocalists both having deep vocals, though), Nickelback off of Creed, all of the new "Rock" bands off of Nickelback or another popular Rock act. It's a never ending trend that occurs in a lot of genres. Very few bands today actually invent their own sound.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 10-11-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #257
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Exactly. The trick is to make it BETTER. Which Alter Bridge did, to a certain extent.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #258
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jmhonline) So thats it. You have been here longer, so you can be a jackass. Okay, no prob. Just try and consider that you may be closed minded.
Come on man... Okay, I admit I was going on hard to you, but hey... You're not making a good first imporession on anyone here, so just cut it out, will you?

In the future, try to explain yourself a little better, alright? 'Cause it seems that you change your opinion totally about AB soundlig like Creed for every post you submit. And that had nothing to do with what I said when I said that I think it's a lack of creativity of Stapp to play Creed tunes on tour.

You won't make many friends or get anywhere here with your attitude. So please try to sound more friendly and people will discuss things with you, not only "bash" you.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-11-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #259
ryen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Get their own sound? I agree, but it isn't like they were the first rip-offs. That would probably be... oh... their old band! Creed jsut copied off everyone else, it isn't like they invented that sound.

i dont know i just dont thank its right that they are useing creeds sound they are not creed they are alter brige
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #260
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ryen) i dont know i just dont thank its right that they are useing creeds sound they are not creed they are alter brige

It ISN'T CREED'S SOUND. It's called alternative post grunge, modern "rock", or a bunch of other silly names. But it is not Creed's sound.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:02 AM   #261
ryen
USER INFO »
i seen on a web sight to night that scott had an intervew with some christen news team, and he said that creeds brack up was no ones falt and that every one just wanted to do something difrent. he all so said that hem and tramontie plan on doing gigs to gather latter on. i dont know about phillps did not say iny thing about him, but iny way i bet thats the 4th creed albem that every one is talking about. if iny one wants the artcel on it just let me know and ill email it to u
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #262
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Stapp is either just stupid, or he is a liar. Tremonti has clearly proclaimed to the world that Creed is GONE, ne'er to return.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #263
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Stapp is either just stupid, or he is a liar.
I don't think he's stupid...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #264
in reality
USER INFO »
On the Mancow show, Stapp said they aren't getting back together. Also Cornell called in and asked how Stapp was doing. That was nice of Cornell to do. I like audioslave.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #265
titan9
USER INFO »
Cornell called in and actually was polite towards Stapp? Surprising. I'm a huge fan of Cornell and Audioslave and even I did not expect that. I'd think with all of the flak Stapp has taken that...well...a highly respected guy like Cornell would diss Stapp.

I think Stapp was just in denial with some of those early post-Creed interviews. He tried to act positive about the break-up, tried to say that they'd be getting back together. Now things have changed; now he finally realizes that Tremonti, Flip and Marshall have no desire, whatsoever, to reform Creed. And now Stapp, unfortunately, is talking trash about his former bandmates.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #266
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think Stapp was just in denial with some of those early post-Creed interviews.
And by saying denial I suppose you mean lies? 'Cause that's what it I is. And Alter Bridge's got my back!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #267
ryen
USER INFO »
it is a shame that they brock up i mean lets look at it in scotts point of vew, you have a band and your are the mosted selling band in the wrould. why would u want to thorw something like that a way. im a big fan of scott stapp, but i well admit that it was dome to throw creed a way. if he wanted to do something differnt for a whil that would have been cool they all could have done something differnt things with out announcing the brack up of creed and came back to it when they was raddy. even thow im a big fan of him i fell it was a wrong move also we all have to understand that scott as a kide and no thats no excsese for scott. he had said in a mtv inter vew that hes son was all so a part of the split up he was tierd of doing 180 shows a year and not geting to speend iny time with his son.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #268
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^Huh?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #269
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
why do I feel challenged?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #270
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) And by saying denial I suppose you mean lies? 'Cause that's what it I is. And Alter Bridge's got my back!

Lol, I hate to say that Stapp was lying, so I prefer calling it "denial". I don't doubt much of what AB says, though.