++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Help with Kazaa?

Anyone here still use Kazaa to download songs? I used to have it but deleted it when people were getting fined, and I really miss it. Wondering if anyone has had any problems with it recently?
Old 07-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Hey Joy! Haven't seen you around for a while. Mine seems to be working fine.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Haven't been around for a while. Summer is here and the kids are a runnin'! Thanks for noticing! Hey, when you use kazaa, do you often have problems with certain songs being messed up? Thanks Colin.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I use kazaa still but not for downloading new music. If I do use it for music it is for older tracks. Kazaa Lite's website was taken off the market and Google has banned all search results for Kazaa Lite. Thankfully you're in luck, there is a new version of Kazaa Lite out in the market but it is only a matter of time till those websites are taken down. It is called Kazaa Resurection or Kazaa Lite Resurection (Same krap different names). It has gotten incredibly difficult to find real songs on there now, but they are still there. As for the fines, 40,000 mp3's and I'm still not in jail! Newer version of Kazaa now carry programs that block the music cops. I wouldnt rely on that, the only way that you can avoid a lawsuit is by NOT sharing. Once you got what you came for, remove it [physically] from the shared folder(s). If you dont need it on your machine after you burned it, then delete it. If you are really paranoid about being caught, I recommend a program called Eraser for permenantly deleting anything. It is a free open source program that uses the Department of Defense standards for data erasing [DoD wipe]. Just be very careful because you can permenantly erase the contents of your hardrive and recovery is damn near impossible.

If you still want to download music at near free prices. I recommend you check out Russia's answer to iTunes. All Of Mp3 and Mp3 Search offer mp3s for about one penny a megabyte. I was able to buy The Matrix: Revolutions sound track for 1.34. There are several of these out there but these are the ones with the largest selection. If you still prefer p2p programs then I recomment going old school style with Bittorrent or Direct Connect. If you weren't war driving 10 - 15 years ago, it will take you a while to learn it. If you don't know what war driving is... heh.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #5
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) Hey, when you use kazaa, do you often have problems with certain songs being messed up? Thanks Colin.

I posted something about that a while back here, not sure if you saw it. I'll try and dig it up from the archives for ya.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Awww! Gee Gosh! Thanks so much! What a pal!!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #7
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Here it is. Took me a while to find it, I hope all the links work. Click Here.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Question for you then, do you use PayPal to buy how do you pay? And how can I get Open Your Eyes? Is i6 working well for you?
Maybe you'll know the answer to this too, smarty that you are, all of my CDs I have put on my computer. I went to put Hoobastank on there, and I couldn't get it to go. Any ideas? I have RealPlayer.
Thanks man!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 PM   #9
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
First off, as it stands, Open Your Eye's has not been commercially released [unless I missed the memo] so you should not be able to buy it yet. Think of these online music stores like your local record store, If you can walk in there and find, then you'll find them there. So dont expect to find rarities, bootlegs, or anything that you're better off getting illegally. I use both, so far I havent had any problems sending my money there. I recommend using the paypal one because PayPal offers more security. You need to open a PayPal account [totally free] and submit the CC or bank acount you will be using. The free version of PayPal will limit you to only two payment methods (i.e - 1 CC/1 BA :: 2 CC :: 2 BA) and depending on which you choose will depend on how fast you get your goods. If you go with a bank acount you can send an e-check which will clear within a week. If you go with a credit card it will be instant. PayPal is really easy to use, I highly recommend it and its totally safe. I dont know what I6 is.... for some reason I am drawing a blank.

As for the CD thing, you are having trouble ripping CDs and daving them into you're harddrive. Right? Well record companies have installed security features to prevent people from ripping CDs. When you first pop in one of these CDs, it will load some drivers preventing all CD ripped from reading it. Luckily [w00t!] Windows has a built in troubleshooting feature that prevents drivings from being loaded. Just hold the SHIFT key as you pop in the CD. Dont let go until your default player start playing the CD. Once thats all done, just open the ripper and go at it. If this is not what you meant, then please clarify and I'll ge the hamster rollin on your solution.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #10
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I still use it. All you have to do is cut off the sharing part of Kazaa and you should be fine. That's what I did and I've had no problems.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 07-23-2004, 10:01 AM   #11
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Mullet, you rock! See how dumb us "older" people get (I'm 32) ? Always good to learn how to "make the most of every CD!" Ripped right on to my computer. Thanks!! As for Kazaa, I'm going to try this new site like you said instead. I have PayPal already too. You're just a little old bundle of info, aren't you?
Old 07-23-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Its a gift.

If you are interested in a new modern version of kazaa, you might want to check out Shareaza. Its an open source alternative to kazaa its one program that allows you to connect to various other networks [Gnutellia2, Gnutellia1, eDonkey, and torrent]. The program is beyond impressive and you will love it from the start. I, on the other hand, have experienced a handful of problems that would make most users curse its name. I continuously have to struggle with it. There is a small percent of users that experience problems with it, I am one of them. I recommend that you try it atleast. Meaning dont get rid of your current p2p program. Just try it out and see if you like it, if not just uninstall it.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 PM   #13
SCTMM's hubby
USER INFO »
I totally agree . I have been using Shareaza since 1.8.10.8 It is by far waaaaayy better than kazaa or even the lite version.

BTW. Hi everybody. long time no type

Old 08-24-2004, 10:10 PM   #14
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yea, in order to get Shareaza to work properly, you need to completely disable your firewall. I had to get a NAT router in order to drop my firewall. But now that I got it working, I like it.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 PM   #15
SCTMM's hubby
USER INFO »
Not really I used outpost firewall and I was able to give it specific permission and it worked. But now I switched to dsl and it took me a few days to figure what ports to forward.