++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-22-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Answer these questions to determine your World View

A World View is very important. You have one, and you do not even know it. Answer these questions, so that you can know your World View. It will definately halp you in your life. It helped me. I learned about all this a class that I am taking. Have fun.

1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?

3. What is the essential nature of man?

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?

6. What happens to man at death?

7. What is the meaning of History?

Old 04-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Answer these questions to determine your World View

Gotta be something. Define god thou. Buddist (Zen) belive in collective counsiusnes (sp?). Can this be concidered to be god? Can same identiy be viewd by some people as two different things, i.e. Christians call it God, Greeks call it Zeus, some African tribe calls it Ahatma-Bu, and some guy with mental disorder, who sees things, calls it Joe and like to have an occasional chit-chat with him. Different peopel can see same thing from different angles and therefore interprete it defferently.

I think astro-physics describes currect materisl univerce pretty well. Whole Big Bang theory. Spiritual world (afterlife, etc) thou is a mystery to me.

You mean -- is man sinful? No. Confused many times thou, and selfish.

Uhhh... dunno... sometimes it all depends on a person -- put two people in same situation and one will eb happy and otehr will suffer.

Every person has their own set of morals and etics. Comes from surroundings, and people choose set that fits them best.

That's what I know more than anything. I think there is afterlife, but what kind? I sorta like stuff Robert Monroe decries in "Journies Out Of The Body". Seems possible and logical.

What do you mean? History is a collection of facst from the past. Does it repete? Well human nature is constant thoughout time, therefore history has to repete.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Dang Lechium (BTW, what does that name mean), I just wrote several papers about people just like you who have some very intricate world views. OY are definately one of those persons. But if I may, I would like to argue your standings with my information about your beliefs

1. There is most definately something. But I wll not tell you where to find out about Him until later. Yes, you can call a "conscienceness" a "god." But I am looking for something greater, something that can actually do things, and not just exist like a "conscienceness" does. A god needs to be able to do things. Zeus is a god, but not the right one. He is a flase gad, who was made up by Homer in a poem. I would seriously doubt that men like Buddah, Mohommed, and Confucious were gods. Now, Mohammed is a different story. When he first had his vision concerning Allah, he was completely sure that it was not a divine vision, but instead a demonic vision. The only reason that we have a religion "Islam" today is because of his wife. She convinced him to believe it, even through he did not want to. He was sure that it was a demonic vision. But go with the womes, if you want to be wrong

2. Concerning, the universe created by the big bang, I would like to borrow some info I just found on the web concerning the big bang theory. This may be a little long, but please read it.

The Big Bang scenario speculates that the marvelously ordered Universe randomly resulted from a gigantic explosion – a “holocaust,” to use Jastrow’s term. Never in the history of human experience has a chaotic explosion been observed producing an intricate order that operates purposefully. An explosion in a print shop does not produce an encyclopedia. A tornado sweeping through a junkyard does not assemble a Boeing 747. No building contractor dumps his materials on a vacant lot, attaches dynamite, and then waits for a completed home from the resulting “bang.” The idea is absurd. Evolutionist Donald Page was correct when he wrote: “There is no mechanism known as yet that would allow the Universe to begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve to its present highly ordered state” (1983, p. 40).

If the Universe started with an explosion, one would expect that all matter/energy should have been propelled radially from the explosion center – consistent with the principle of angular momentum. It would not be expected that the Universe would be characterized by the curving and orbiting motions that are commonly observed, e.g., the revolution of our earth around the sun (cf. Morris, 1984, p. 150).

For years scientists have been attempting to measure the microwave radiation that is coming in from all parts of the Universe. It is conjectured that this radiation is the left-over heat from the original Big Bang. The problem is, wherever this radiation has been measured, it has been found to be extremely uniform, which does not harmonize with the fact that the Universe itself is not uniform; rather, it is “clumpy,” i.e., composed of intermittent galaxies and voids. If the Big Bang Theory were true, there should be a correlation between the material composition of the Universe (since everything emits thermal heat) and the corresponding radiation temperature. But such is not the case.
Over the past few years, the news media have made much of the report that new measurements of background radiation reveal some variation. The press has hailed this as proof of the Big Bang. The facts are:

(a) the temperature differential supposedly detected was only about thirty millionths of one degree, and there are other possible explanations for this circumstance apart from the hypothetical Bang;

(B) some of the scientists involved in the project question that the instruments employed for measuring the radiation are sensitive enough to warrant the conclusions that are being drawn;

© others, who claim that additional testing has confirmed their assertion of temperature “ripples,” confess now that it is “harder than ever” to explain “how these ripples grew into the starry structures that fill the universe” (Flam, 1993, p. 31).

Even the respected science journal Nature suggested it is a “cause of some alarm” that the media have characterized this flimsy evidence as “proof” of the Big Bang (1992, p. 731). Why do some religionists gravitate to these groundless theories in deference to plain Bible statements?

The fact is, there are significant contradictions between the Big Bang Theory and the Bible record. Let us reflect on some of these.

As noted earlier, the Bible plainly teaches that the entire Universe, including the earth with its various “kinds” of biological organisms, came into being during the six, literal days of the creation week (Gen. 1; Ex. 20:11). The Big Bang theory postulates eons of time.
Some, of course, contend that:

(a) there may have been a vast “gap” between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, thus accommodating the alleged time involved in the expansion and development of the Universe following the Big Bang;

(B) the “days” of Genesis 1 were not “literal” days;

© perhaps there were gaps between the days of the creation week, etc.

But none of these twisted theories has an ounce of credibility if one seriously considers that God has communicated the historical record in an understandable fashion through His inspired Word. Each of the theories mentioned above is designed to bring the Bible into harmony with evolutionary chronology (for further study, see my book Evolution, Creation, and the Age of the Earth). (See catalog section.)

The Big Bang myth allows that the sun was formed long before the earth. Various theories have been formulated to explain how the Universe came to be organized after the initial explosion. Take your choice – the planetesimal theory, the nebular theory, the dust cloud theory – they all have one thing in common. They assert that the earth is a new-comer compared to the sun. However, the Bible teaches that the earth was created first, and the sun came later – on the fourth day of the first week (Genesis 1:1;14-16). The same point can be made regarding the stars. The Bible puts them after the earth; the evolutionary model teaches otherwise. Of course some have attempted to solve this difficulty with yet another slippery compromise. They allege that the “creative acts” of Genesis 1 are not necessarily “in chronological order” (Willis, 1979, p. 92).

The Big Bang Theory supposes that the Universe started with a chaotic explosion which then proceeded toward order. The Bible teaches the exact opposite. God created the Universe as a beautiful and orderly masterpiece, but it has been degenerating toward disorder in the intervening millennia (Psa. 102:25ff; Heb. 1:10-12).

Big Bang cosmology postulates a Universe that is near 20 billion years old, with the human race evolving only 3 or 4 million years ago. According to this view, a vast period of time separates the origin of the Universe from that of mankind.
But the Scriptures affirm:

(a) The human family came into existence the same week as the Universe (Gen. 1; Ex. 20:11). Man has thus existed from the beginning of the creation (Isa. 40:21; Mk. 10:6; Lk. 11:50; Rom. 1:20).

(B) Human antiquity extends to only a few thousand years before Christ, as evinced by the genealogical records of the Lord’s ancestry all the way back to Adam – the first man (1 Cor. 15:45). There are some two millennia spanning the present back to Jesus Christ; another 2,000 years push history back to the time of Abraham. There are only 20 generations between Abraham and Adam (Lk. 3:23-38). Even if one concedes that some minor gaps exist in the Old Testament narrative (cf. Gen. 11:12; Lk. 3:35-36), surely no responsible Bible student will contend that 20 billion years can be squeezed into those 20 generations. The Universe thus cannot be billions of years old.

Big Bang chronology and biblical chronology are woefully at variance.

The Big Bang Theory is without validity. It has the support of neither genuine science nor responsible biblical exegesis. For once we agree with several evolutionists who admit: “Cosmology is unique in science in that it is a very large intellectual edifice based on very few facts” (Arp, et al., 1990, p. 812).

In view of that, it can hardly be classified as “science.”

3. Yes. Is man sinful? I say yes. Man is also confused, and amny others say that the nature of man is good, or ignorant of what is ggod, and therefore is not evil, but good. Man is not good. Do you see all those rapers, murderers, killers, robbers, burglerers, and all of them? Are they good? No, they are evil. Inknow that you may not be a killer, raper, or stealer, but you have probably thought about all those things, right? I know that I have. But that doesn't mena that I am one of them right? wrong, I am one of them even if I think it. Have you ever felt that you have done something wrong by just thinking it? Ihave. But Romans chapter three says, "there is none good, no not one."

4. Well, that is true, but sin is the cause of evil and suffering. When Adam first sinned in the garden iof eden, gor cursed the ground and told him that he would suffer for sinning. He woulsd suffer, by the ground. the ground would not to what it ws supposed to do. It would now grow thorns and thistles It had not done that before man sinned.

If al lthjose muderers, etc were not here, don't you think that the world would be a better place? Sure we wouls still have trouble, but that is all part of the game.

5. Yep, that is true, we each have our own set of rules. but what about the ones that our government sets up? What about the ones that god sets up? Surely Buddha had rules. Have you ever broken one of them? The basis of moralitly and ethics is God's laws.

6. What does Robert Monroe say? How an I argue with you, If I don't know what you think?

Ill finish this next. Scrool down. I ran out of Space. LONG
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
7. History seems to repeat itself, but history is here so that we can know HIs STORY. History is here so that we can know the plan that God has for us i.e. salvation, and all that. If we did not have HIs STORY, how whould we know what he wanted to do for us?

Even the word history is derived from HIs STORY meaning God's story.

Cool huh?

What do you think?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Uhhh long... weill take me soem time to digest...

Robert Monroe is a guy who had repetetive out of body experinces, so he wrote several books in which he documented them and tried to structure these observations. Pure scientific approach to... basically visiting afterlife and other places. That stuff is hard to belive, but he did perform some experiments to pove it, so it is defently a valid possibility.

Link to his 1st book ---> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

Out of Body Experinces (OBE) are a very interesting (and controvercial) phenomenan that has been studied and getting some attention since 50ies I think. Just do a search on it in google for more info. They even have tequnicies that supposed to help you to achive OBE. Very interestign stuff.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #6
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
is anyone going to give me an answer???
Old 04-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #7
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Re: Answer these questions to determine your World View

Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
A World View is very important. You have one, and you do not even know it. Answer these questions, so that you can know your World View. It will definately halp you in your life. It helped me. I learned about all this a class that I am taking. Have fun.

Sorry Wadrick but I'm gonna choose not to answer those question for now You all know my feelings and what I believe! No offense toward anyone though:P
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
I only know your opinions on a few subjects.

Are you ashamed of the gospel of Christ?

Answer them!!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I am not ashamed of anything I'm just not gonna even start this again
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-28-2003, 01:18 PM   #10
bgivens33
USER INFO »

I am certain there is. You can't describe God using human characteristics. And I don't want to make any assumptions.

I personally beleive in some type of theistic evolution. I don't understand why God couldn't have used evolution as his paintbrush.

Selfish.

You can't point the finger at any one thing. You will have good times in life and you will have bad times.

Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. One of the most basic principles of all major religions.

No clue. I do feel it's a bit convienent to think that we have some sort of afterlife.

That question doesn't make sence. What is the purpose of history?? That is like asking what the meaning of a computer is.

I'm not sure where you heard the history comes from "his story". To my knowledge it comes from the Latin word historia. And another thing, according to Christianity, God created evil. So, blaming it on Adam and the apple is a bit naive.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #11
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?Yes! There is a god! God is love, He is full of endless light, unconditional love and forgiveness, there to catch us when we fall, and is always there waiting with open arms to welcome us back!

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?Before the fall of Adam and Eve the world was perfect just like God, there was no sin in it. No one had to work for anything, no one had to search for food because it was all there. For in the beginning God had made animals not as food but that every one was to eat fruits and vegetables. It wasn't till after Adam and Eve's sin that sin and death entered the world. Then God made animals as food after that.

3. What is the essential nature of man?Man was created to stand by his wife and to be the provider

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?Our sins and selfishness

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?Morality is the standard we live by and the structure of life

6. What happens to man at death? It depends on what his beliefs are, If he believes in God and axcepts Christ then there is a place with eternal rewards, where there is no saddness or death, or heartache, pain, sufering. There will be none of it there whatsoever! You don't even have to eat if you don't want to because you will not be hungry! There will be everlasting love and happiness there. Streets of gold Fruit trees that never lose there fruit,ect.

7. What is the meaning of History?History if there to give you a maens of what was here before us. I was never really good at history in school though.
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?Yes! There is a god! God is love, He is full of endless light, unconditional love and forgiveness, there to catch us when we fall, and is always there waiting with open arms to welcome us back!

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?Before the fall of Adam and Eve the world was perfect just like God, there was no sin in it. No one had to work for anything, no one had to search for food because it was all there. For in the beginning God had made animals not as food but that every one was to eat fruits and vegetables. It wasn't till after Adam and Eve's sin that sin and death entered the world. Then God made animals as food after that.

3. What is the essential nature of man?Man was created to stand by his wife and to be the provider

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?Our sins and selfishness

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?Morality is the standard we live by and the structure of life  

6. What happens to man at death? It depends on what his beliefs are, If he believes in God and axcepts Christ then there is a place with eternal rewards, where there is no saddness or death, or heartache, pain, sufering. There will be none of it there whatsoever! You don't even have to eat if you don't want to because you will not be hungry! There will be everlasting love and happiness there. Streets of gold Fruit trees that never lose there fruit,ect.Or there is the alternative where people that deny God go...HELL!

7. What is the meaning of History?History if there to give you a maens of what was here before us. I was never really good at history in school though.
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #13
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

There is a God which is primaraly a force that governs the universe and the lives that are in it

God helped develop the the universe but God lets it grow and mature by itself with God looking over it.

the essential nature of man is to live in harmony with the other living creatures of the earth and the universe.

First evil and suffering is a human concept so if there were no humans there will be no evil and suffering...but the cause is amibition, ego, money, lust, etc.

what comes around go around so if you do not want crap to hit your face then do not throw crap at other people's face.

My theory right now:
You die then A)you soul is carried to another dimension if you have been decent in your life B) you are reincarnated if you just barely missed A) or C)you rot in hell or place like that

dumb question.......
Old 04-28-2003, 08:12 PM   #14
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
I just accidentally erased my who response. please hold on until I write it again, may take a couple of days

j/k
Old 05-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #15
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
julie, in the nature of man, I mean is man sinful or somehting like that.

And no, man was not created to stand my his wife. the wife was created to stand by the man. first man was created, and then woman to be the mans helper. look it up in Genesis.

Man is supposed to be the provider, but I do not think that that was his sole purpose in his creation in the least.