++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
wildheart
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to wildheart Send a message via Yahoo to wildheart
Creed Angels Need Your Help...

Angels and Friends……We Need Your Help, there is work to do!!!

Below is an invitation to a don’t come event fundraiser to benefit Jennifer Cowan. This is just a creative way to seek donations, there is no actual event. Please e-mail this invitation to family and friends on your contact list and spread the word about Jenny and her family’s story and how they can help. You can also print out the invitation and post it at work, school, or in your community. We ask that all donors either give their donation, along with the bottom portion of the invite, to the Angel from whom they recieved the invitiation or mail it directly to our P.O. Box. All checks should be made payable to the "Jennifer Cowan Benefit Account". Questions should be directed to[email protected]. If you are having trouble printing the invitation and would like a color copy please send a self addressed stamped envelope to Creed Angels, PO Box 1406, Marion, OH, 43301-1406. The fundraiser runs through April 1 and updates will be posted regularly. Now get to work Angels, together, we can spread the message of hope!

Jennifer Cowan Fundraiser Sponsored by Creed Angels

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this form...download it free here
[url]www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html [/URL

Jenny Cowan is a 6 year old who was badly burned in a fireplace accident in December...for more information on her story please click the following link:
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...0352384360.xml
Old 03-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Could we get a little info on Jennifer Cowan please? Your link didn't work for me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #3
wildheart
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to wildheart Send a message via Yahoo to wildheart
Update to Jenny's Fundraiser

UPDATE:

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since we launched Jenny's fundraiser and I must say it has been very encouraging to see the checks roll in. To date we have received $170 on behalf of Jenny and WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN!
I would like to extend our warmest thanks for all the help and donations...we truely appreciate your efforts and I know the Cowan's will also. You are all amazing people

Here's an email we received a few days ago... they are back from Birningham and all seems well. There's more to come ...

Thank you so much for everything all of you have been doing. We are so fortunate
to have angels like you all continuing to lift us up in spirit and prayer.

Did Sonya tell you that Jenny has "wing marks" on her cheeks and back?

We are actually leaving tomorrow to go to Burn Clinic in Birmingham and
20/20 will be picking us up on a jet tomorrow to take us there (yea-Jenny won't have to be stuck in the car for 10 or more hours!) to do some filming and interviewing for a story.
P.S. Jenny's surgeon took a photo in one of her surgeries and he said that
you could see rings of light (halos) over the doctors' and nurses heads. I
really think this story needs to be told in a time like this to give others'
hope. Esp. when so many in our community are departing for the war. . . and
so many other familys have been torn apart.

Peace, Love, Happiness & Angels,
God Bless!

Sherri

On behalf of the Creed Angels I would like to Thank all for their generosity
Daniele

To check out more on her story click here:
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...0352384360.xml
Old 03-12-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
wildheart
USER INFO »
Hi Teri,
When you click on the link Jennifer Cowan Fundraiser Sponsored by Creed Angels it actually takes a few minutes for the pdf file to come up unfortunately.
Jenny is a 6 year old girl who was burned pretty badly in a fireplace accident back in December. She is at home now thanks to a skin grafting procedure from her twin Sydney. She still has more surgeries ahead of her and just came home from a birmingham burn clinic.
you can find more info at her site
www.helpjenny.org and as always feel free to ask any questions.

If the you are still having trouble with the link let me know I will see what I can do to remedy the situation.

Thanks
Daniele
Old 03-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I read about her on the WAWO website. They had a link to her own site. It was funny because the address for her was in Lynn Haven, FL. on New Jersey Ave which is the same exact street I lived on when I was in 5th and 6th grade. I emailed my Mom the site and she knows the family that this has happened to, there are twins and 1 other child. It was really tragic what happened and it was touching to see all of her progress, etc.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
wildheart
USER INFO »
Wow what a small world. It was a tragic accident but her progress is encuraging. What a great family they are. They are all blessed to have each other. She is doing better everyday.

Thanks again Steve for letting me post this here and making it sticky we really appreciate the help.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:35 AM   #7
wildheart
USER INFO »
FYI

Hi everyone,
Hope your day is going well. I just wanted to pop in here in between updates to answer a question that the Creed Angels have been receiving.
For all those who are wondering 100% (one hundred percent) of all monies raised go directly to the Cowans. The Angels are not deducting administrative costs. We are funding the entire thing.

FYI - Only 17 more days until the Jenny Fundraiser will end. Thanks for all your support if there are any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Daniele
Old 03-16-2003, 11:17 PM   #8
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
creed angels? why does that sound like a crazy cult?
Old 03-17-2003, 01:52 PM   #9
wildheart
USER INFO »
We recieved a Thank You from the Cowan's that includes a wonderful picture of the girls and a cute little thank in their own hand. We only have permission to post the pics at the angel forum so here is a link if your interested in checking it out. They are just too cute. We wanted to share this with you all because you have been working so hard. Thanks just doesn't seem to measure up sometimes.
[link=board.bandrags.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ca&Number=203904&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=2&vc=1]board.bandrags.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ca&Number=203904&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=2&vc=1[/link]

There is still 2 weeks left and we have received $425, isn't that great...and lush has a plea for everyone...let's see if we can double this amount!! It's such a good cause! With all these great people I think we can do it.

Can I get a WOOOO HOOOOOOOO

thanks again
Daniele

and a crazy cult uuummm no :P lol a legitimate non profit org yes... here's a link to learn more http://board.bandrags.com/showflat.php?Cat...b=5&o=0&fpart=1
Old 03-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #10
wildheart
USER INFO »
ONLY ONE MORE WEEK TO GO!!!

ONLY ONE MORE WEEK TO GO!!

You all have been doing such a great job, the results are truly amazing. We'd like to thank you for getting the word out, your donations and your all around hard work.
As of friday the Grand Total is $590.00 for the Jenny Cowan Benefit and we only have one week to go.
We definitely have the potential to give it a final push and bring more help to Jenny and her family.
When all the monies are collected Lush will be sending the checks along with a few goodies for Jenny and Sydney to enjoy.

It's Crunch Time Everyone lets give it one final push.

Thanks for all your efforts, I'll be back with a final update.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:52 AM   #11
wildheart
USER INFO »
Update April 1st

The official deadline is today April 1st but if anyone still has any last minute donations please email lush at [email protected] or send me a pm and let me know it's on the way so she can hold the package until all donations are received, thanks so much

Here's the unofficial official tally
JENNY'S FUNDRAISER - we have raised $1,520.25 to date, thank you to all donated! Just waiting on the last minute donations to arrive.
I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for all the effort. I'll have a grand total for ya soon. Thanks for supporting Jenny and the Creed Angels.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #12
wildheart
USER INFO »
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDeAkUW7j4oDuafNRJ8*udA3JqLhSsna42Dl9Ql3!sIszbtR Q!w34iIvpYoNaIl5Tt7P!1wYE0GsaV6H6NaKqfK8v07EjdI6Hp WplHUtngmaS2wDEafFw/jenny-check.gif[/img]
Thank you for your gift to the Jenny Cowan fundraiser. After almost losing the life of this precious child, the family now has to face the enormous medical bills, and recovery expenses. Your kindness has helped to diminish this huge burden. All the money that you helped to raise will go directly to the Cowan family.

Thank you for your generosity, and may an Angel always be on your shoulder.

Gina and Lou NJ
Jami PA
Sharena CA
Melissa IL
Michael & Stephanie PA
Chris MI
Fred FL
Barbara NJ
Shirley WV
Lisa NJ
Sharon NJ
Christy VA